Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars Destroyed
markem 01:03 PM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:

Despite Dr. Woodward's analysis, if you suspect your dog actually ate any tobacco a vet visit would be a good idea. I'm pretty sure those are cigars in those pictures and not cigarettes. Cigars contain 400% or more of the nicotine in the average cigarette. If he just chewed them(which it looks like he did), then he may be ok. But if he ate any then it is a serious matter. :-)

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...g_in_pets.html
:-) Bob is not only wise, but often bases his posts on fact. I'd go with Bob on this one. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 01:03 PM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Does your dog work at O'Hara?

:-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
massphatness 01:04 PM 12-16-2010
That sucks about the cigars, and while I'm not qualified to offer veterinary advice (as I am not a vet), I concur with Bob in that better to err on the side of caution when it comes to the family pooch.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:05 PM 12-16-2010
Didnt you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night Vin? :-)
[Reply]
SDmate 01:07 PM 12-16-2010

Despite Dr. Woodward's analysis, if you suspect your dog actually ate any tobacco a vet visit would be a good idea. I'm pretty sure those are cigars in those pictures and not cigarettes. Cigars contain 400% or more of the nicotine in the average cigarette. If he just chewed them(which it looks like he did), then he may be ok. But if he ate any then it is a serious matter. :-)

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...g_in_pets.html

from the link

a 40lb dog would get very sick after eating one cigarette but would need 11 cigarettes to actually die from nicotine poisoning.
[Reply]
HK3- 01:09 PM 12-16-2010
Didnt you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night Vin? :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:31 PM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
:-) Bob is not only wise, but often bases his posts on fact. I'd go with Bob on this one. :-)
Gee, then what are mine based on? Hallucinations? :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:36 PM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
The site he posted pretty much says almost exactly what I said anyway...
[Reply]
pnoon 01:38 PM 12-16-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
68TriShield 03:14 PM 12-16-2010
Thank goodness it wasn't a whole box Steve...
[Reply]
maninblack 03:21 PM 12-16-2010
Sorry for your loss. Hope the dog is ok. You can replace cigars, it's hard to replace a good companion.
[Reply]
bigpedunn 04:05 PM 12-16-2010
Bad dog!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Eggopp 05:10 PM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
You might want to have your dog checked out by a vet; if he ingested any tobacco, he could become very sick.
He is fine, he just shredded them to tiny little bits :-)
[Reply]
lyle23 02:07 PM 12-17-2010
Im sorry to see this man. I have a dog myself and i dont want to think about how i would feel if i saw she did something like this. Well like some one said atleast it wasnt a box and a box of something really expensive at that. How expensive are the sticks that poochie decided looked like an awesome chew toy?
[Reply]
Trouble 02:18 PM 12-17-2010
I would be a lot more worried about my dog than a bunch of cigars.
[Reply]
Chemyst 08:49 PM 12-17-2010
I've seen a picture of dogs smoking cigars and playing poker.
Are you sure there wasn't a card party at your house?

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
smelvis 09:57 PM 12-17-2010
Never had any of mine eat cigars, but my Early departed Schnauzer atr almost a pound of fudge I was careless and left on a side table she could reach, I was pretty pissed at myself and worried about her they pumped her stomach and inserted a fluid pack under her skin to keep her hydrated. I asked the all important question about chocolate and they said it's not poison to them it depended on the grade of chocolate and the size of my dog. she was lucky as her poor little heart was racing for awhile.

I never get mad at my dog if I leave food within reach I figure it's my fault and they are dogs of course they will eat it :-)
[Reply]
jesseboston81 09:18 AM 12-18-2010
Sorry to hear about the loss of your smokes, and I hope your dog is OK! My fiancee's bulldog used to chew everything--good thing she dropped that habit!
[Reply]
guitar4001 06:59 PM 12-18-2010
what a shame...bad dog.
[Reply]
Ratters 09:53 PM 12-18-2010
My dog went into my buddies backpack while we were at the store and pulled out a PAM 26 and gave it a good gnawing. She was fine.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up