Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>School me on "Vintage" and Dated Cigars
icehog3 12:33 AM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by akumushi:
Baller...
You don't know the half of it, Clayton. :-)
[Reply]
druturn 12:37 AM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by joeobx:
I believe I read a thread from a VERY knowledgeable source that you only need three years to reach fully aged bliss. :-):-)
:-)
Really? Well, I have it on very good authority that all cigars are in prime smoking condition the moment you buy them. No need to age them, it just makes those cellos yellow and gross looking. :-):-)

But seriously, as mentioned before and will be mentioned a thousand times, aging aides most sticks out in refining the flavor profiles and ridding them of impurities. I currently do not have the funds to buy boxes to age them, but I do have quite a few sticks in the bottom of my humi that have been in there since I bought the humidor a few years ago. From my limited experience with aged sticks, I can tell you that aging them is well worth it. The more experienced brothers here will be able to give you specifics of what aging does, because God knows I don't know the exact details.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 01:24 AM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
I believe aging cigars make them taste like they are meant to taste. I usually try to let mine sit a few months to a year when I buy box. I have aged some low price cigars for 6 months and the taste difference is amazing.
I remember Don Pepin said that cigars are meant to taste like they do fresh. He said that in Cuba they roll the cigars to be smoked fresh (by fresh, I mean when they leave the factory since some are aged at the factory). This seems contradictory since most of us like our cigars at least rested, if not well aged.

Basically, this is a smoke what you like type of thing.
[Reply]
Bayou Tiger 05:59 PM 12-18-2010
As of late I have been fortunate enough to get some nice aged sticks from the local B&M and I am hooked. The flavor seems to be more distinct and smooth. It might be a placebo thing but I don't care cause I really like them!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up