Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>cigars and health
shilala 12:24 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Just sayin'. Life is a risk.
That's as good an answer as I've ever heard.
Welcome to life, right?
[Reply]
CasaDooley 01:09 PM 12-13-2010
A good cigar definitely reduces stress. Trust me on this one bro!:-)
[Reply]
TheStatsGuy 01:58 PM 12-13-2010
Inevitably when you here a bunch of guys/gals talking about cigars someone doesn't particularly care for a type of smoke someone else enjoys and you'll hear "like what you smoke and smoke what you like" (aka Tom and his Gurkhas).

In this case I'll say like what you do and do what you like. I'll gladly sacrifice a little time on this earth for the enjoyment I derive from the friendships made and the fine cigars enjoyed for the last 10 years and many more going forward hopefully.

In honor of this thread I promise to go watch some football with friends tonight and smoke at least 2 cigars.

Ashes to ashes..
[Reply]
Ogre 02:04 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by TheStatsGuy:
Inevitably when you here a bunch of guys/gals talking about cigars someone doesn't particularly care for a type of smoke someone else enjoys and you'll hear "like what you smoke and smoke what you like" (aka Tom and his Gurkhas).

In this case I'll say like what you do and do what you like. I'll gladly sacrifice a little time on this earth for the enjoyment I derive from the friendships made and the fine cigars enjoyed for the last 10 years and many more going forward hopefully.

In honor of this thread I promise to go watch some football with friends tonight and smoke at least 2 cigars.

Ashes to ashes..
Amen Brother, I will kill something tonight at well.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:12 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by TheStatsGuy:

Ashes to ashes..
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
Amen Brother, I will kill something tonight at well.
I am in too, Tim and Larry. :-)
[Reply]
bigpedunn 02:27 PM 12-13-2010
George Burns smoked a cigar a day and lived to one hundred years old.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:40 PM 12-13-2010
Please read the original, unbiased, Surgeon General's report on smoking and cancer. It concludes that pipe smokers have a lower mortality rate than non-smokers and that cigar smokers have virtually the same mortality rate as non-smokers. It's the cigarettes that get you. Well, the crap they add to cigarettes will.

Also, this: http://web.archive.org/web/200211282...08/wtob08.html
[Reply]
papajohn67 02:52 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Please read the original, unbiased, Surgeon General's report on smoking and cancer. It concludes that pipe smokers have a lower mortality rate than non-smokers and that cigar smokers have virtually the same mortality rate as non-smokers. It's the cigarettes that get you. Well, the crap they add to cigarettes will.

Also, this: http://web.archive.org/web/200211282...08/wtob08.html
I thought the Surgeon General just came out with a recent report that any tobacco use caused damage, even a single puff.

Anyone who is new to smoking and is not aware of the risks is a fool. That being said this fool started smoking cigars 43 years ago in Vietnam. What damage it has done is miniscule when compared to the damage done to my body while vacationing in Vietnam.

I bought into the idea as a youngster that I was fighting to preserve freedom....each day that goe by leaves me to ponder just who's as our intrusive Govenment continues to attempt to curtail my own.
[Reply]
hotreds 03:09 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Shamansmith:
yes, well me being a "big boy" now has no bearing weather or not smoking is actually harmful..which was the entirety of my post.
Yes, the weather outside is frightful, but whether cigars are harmful is a question that can be argued ad nauseum. I suggest you spend some time here before you start getting a pissy attitude about someone who is responding to your question! Or perhaps you aren't as big a boy as surmised.....
[Reply]
Shamansmith 03:26 PM 12-13-2010
Well, thanks for everyone’s' thoughts

Especially for Hotreds input on semantics of all things!

Originally Posted by hotreds:
Yes, the weather outside is frightful, but whether cigars are harmful is a question that can be argued ad nauseum. I suggest you spend some time here before you start getting a pissy attitude about someone who is responding to your question! Or perhaps you aren't as big a boy as surmised.....
And yes that was said in jest.
[Reply]
floydpink 04:49 PM 12-13-2010
I'm headed over to my gun forum to asks if guns kill people, or people kill guns.
[Reply]
hotreds 04:55 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Shamansmith:
Especially for Hotreds input on semantics of all things!
Homonyms, actually.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:56 PM 12-13-2010
Homonyms, actually.
:-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:28 PM 12-13-2010
Homonyms, actually.
Like Jackie Gleason, Hugh? Hummina hummina hummina. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 05:32 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I'm headed over to my gun forum to asks if guns kill people, or people kill guns.
:-)
[Reply]
OLS 05:50 PM 12-13-2010
I DO know that people have been banned for life with less than 3 posts. :-)
Not sure how that relates to smoking 2 cigars a day. People here will tinker around with your head a little,
but look around elsewhere on the net and see if you don't find other forums worse. I think in the long
run you will run less risk if you accept a little funny business and not try to counsel people for not taking
your question as seriously as you do. As you can see, you eventually got the question answered sufficiently.
I am kind of late to be jumping in and telling you what's what. But remember, while it is not uncommon for
someone to join and not use their first post to introduce themselves properly in our forum provided for that purpose,
It IS uncommon for someone to use their second and third to wag their finger in the faces of members in good standing.
Now, head on over to the introductions forum and let us know a little more about you. The longer you stay,
the better you'll be at getting the info you want.
[Reply]
HK3- 05:55 PM 12-13-2010
I will make up whatever excuse is needed to keep smoking my cigars and be left alone by others who disagree with my hobby. :-)
[Reply]
Whee 05:58 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
I DO know that people have been banned for life with less than 3 posts. :-)
Not sure how that relates to smoking 2 cigars a day. People here will tinker around with your head a little,
but look around elsewhere on the net and see if you don't find other forums worse. I think in the long
run you will run less risk if you accept a little funny business and not try to counsel people for not taking
your question as seriously as you do. As you can see, you eventually got the question answered sufficiently.
I am kind of late to be jumping in and telling you what's what. But remember, while it is not uncommon for
someone to join and not use their first post to introduce themselves properly in our forum provided for that purpose,
It IS uncommon for someone to use their second and third to wag their finger in the faces of members in good standing.
Now, head on over to the introductions forum and let us know a little more about you. The longer you stay,
the better you'll be at getting the info you want.

Brad, by now, you should know that I've adored you from afar for decades..." :-)

:-):-)
[Reply]
Shamansmith 05:58 PM 12-13-2010
Homonyms, actually.
im the one still in school..i should have known this
[Reply]
SNKBYT 06:01 PM 12-13-2010
with all said above I can only add

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "..holy crap ....what a ride!"
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up