Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>damn customs
Springsman 02:27 PM 12-15-2010
doood....that sucks...sorry to hear, fight the good fight, Hope you get your stogies!
[Reply]
nick2021 04:09 PM 12-15-2010
man, sorry to hear about that! do tell us what happens, curious to see how they respond to this!
[Reply]
PLUSH 04:22 PM 12-15-2010
Hey, Customs sucks over here also :-)
[Reply]
msayewich 04:44 PM 12-15-2010
no better in Canada....
[Reply]
Lumpold 05:07 PM 12-15-2010
Man, UK customs are sounding pretty good, for you lot. They just tax the living crap out of it, no 'you may not have them' :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 05:20 PM 12-15-2010
Ferdie, even if they destroyed them already there has to be a Tort process for recompense on damaged or falsely seized goods as required by the WCO/NATO under the Kyoto Convention.

Sorry to see it happen. I just hope you get a good officer who will fairly judge your response to the seizure.
[Reply]
Cigarcop 05:21 PM 12-15-2010
Sorry to hear this Ferdi but since you have an appeal process I don't think they'll destroy them until you have a chance to plead your case.....Now I'm glad I gave you the ashtray!
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:23 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
it ain't Mac. I wish it was. This is a couple of hundred bucks of cigars that I lost and my addy is tagged.
I gotcha...only the lighters.
[Reply]
Lumpold 05:41 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
Sorry to hear this Ferdi but since you have an appeal process I don't think they'll destroy them until you have a chance to plead your case.....Now I'm glad I gave you the ashtray!
Er... don't bet on it. In the UK, I can think of one prominent story from a few years ago. Wasn't cigars, but a disabled man came back from Europe with what Customs deemed excess items (I'm fairly sure it was rolling tobacco), and his car was seized, along with all the products. He was forced to get a taxi home, 350 miles away, and had no other means of transport. He waited for his appeal, 3 weeks later, where the judge ruled in his favour, he hadn't bought excess items in to the country, Customs & Excise were to return his car and products to him. At which point C&E told him they'd already destroyed the product and crushed his car.
[Reply]
guitar4001 06:51 PM 12-15-2010
that sucks. i haven't had many run-ins with customs, but they did snag some DVDs from my bag in Afghanistan.
[Reply]
Chingas 08:27 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Ferdie, even if they destroyed them already there has to be a Tort process for recompense on damaged or falsely seized goods as required by the WCO/NATO under the Kyoto Convention.

Sorry to see it happen. I just hope you get a good officer who will fairly judge your response to the seizure.
Dude. You know too much!:-)

Any update Ferdie?
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:10 PM 12-15-2010
Yeah...I'll be curious to see what comes of this. Sorry to hear of the troubles Ferd :-)
[Reply]
KillerCelt 09:11 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
haha. I was thinking the same thing but was also quite impressed and in awe of his knowledge.
[Reply]
kydsid 09:17 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:

Any update Ferdie?
Originally Posted by KillerCelt:
haha. I was thinking the same thing but was also quite impressed and in awe of his knowledge.

I read a lot. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:20 AM 12-16-2010
nu updates.

Problem is I don't exactly know what was in the box, a lot of singles and a box of Diesel Unlimited.
[Reply]
kydsid 05:21 AM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
nu updates.

Problem is I don't exactly know what was in the box, a lot of singles and a box of Diesel Unlimited.

A friend sent you a gift. You shouldn't know what was in the box. :-)
[Reply]
BloodSpite 09:47 AM 12-16-2010
Hope this works out!
[Reply]
DonnieW 10:00 AM 12-16-2010
Customs is consistently inconsistent.
[Reply]
lyle23 02:47 PM 12-17-2010
This sux man, i hope you get your stuff. Good luck.
[Reply]
357 02:58 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by Lumpold:
Er... don't bet on it. In the UK, I can think of one prominent story from a few years ago. Wasn't cigars, but a disabled man came back from Europe with what Customs deemed excess items (I'm fairly sure it was rolling tobacco), and his car was seized, along with all the products. He was forced to get a taxi home, 350 miles away, and had no other means of transport. He waited for his appeal, 3 weeks later, where the judge ruled in his favour, he hadn't bought excess items in to the country, Customs & Excise were to return his car and products to him. At which point C&E told him they'd already destroyed the product and crushed his car.
God bless the US Constitution:

Amendment 4
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

If it was all legit and legal, and this happened here, you'd have a good legal case for some $$$ compensation. Just my opinon, I am not a lawyer.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up