Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>damn customs
Don Fernando 09:28 AM 12-11-2010
if they only knew the rules.

I got a letter today, a package that I send myself (using the address of a friend as return address) when I was in the US a few weeks ago got confiscated even though

Originally Posted by :
Articles sent for commercial purposes will not be admitted unless the addressee has obtained an import permit issued by the Centrale Dienst voor Inen Uitvoer, van Stolkweg 14, Gravenhage, and where necessary, a currency permit issued by the Nederlandsche Bank at Amsterdam.

Authorization from the Nederlandsche Bank is required to be obtained by the addressee for the importation of current instruments of payment; securities; acknowledgments of debt; and shares of stock.

Cigarettes or tobacco products will be admitted only if they are sent from one private individual to another without any compensation or payment and if the package contains no more than 800 cigarettes, 400 cigars, or 1 kilogram (approximately 2.2 lbs.) of shag or cigarette tobacco.

Meat or meat products (including poultry and wild game) and milk or milk products cannot exceed 1 kilogram (approximately 2.2 lbs.), and any such products must be accompanied by a veterinary certificate issued by the responsible official authority from the country of origin.
It wasn't a commercial shipment, less then 400 cigars, so it was allowed. I hate customs.
[Reply]
massphatness 09:30 AM 12-11-2010
WTF?! Do you have any recourse in a situation like this, Ferdie?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:34 AM 12-11-2010
Got the letter today, will call them and file an official protest on monday, hope I am not too late and that the package isn't destroyed already. Had some HTF cigars in there, including the Tat Sodo.

Worst thing is, the letter says that my address has been flagged as it is the second time they found tobacco in packages to my address, so I'm on the shitlist now, no more orders from the US.
[Reply]
massphatness 09:36 AM 12-11-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Worst thing is, the letter says that my address has been flagged as it is the second time they found tobacco in packages to my address, so I'm on the shitlist now, no more orders from the US.
I call :-) This is all a ruse so no one bombs your ass anymore. :-)
Seriously though - hope this works out for you.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:38 AM 12-11-2010
I've been bombed so hard in Florida that I don't care no more Vin, i'm numb :-)

I hope I get my box of cigars, and that I find a way to still be able to order cigars in the US as you guys get a much bigger selection than we do.
[Reply]
pektel 09:45 AM 12-11-2010
That sucks, Ferdie. Maybe it's time to ask your neighbors if you can get packages shipped to them instead of you. Although that may seem a little fishy to them lol.
[Reply]
Eleven 09:46 AM 12-11-2010
A friend from Belgium sent me a laptop to get fixed, and upon sending it back to him it sat in customs for almost 2 months because of some paranoia on evading sales taxes on items like that in Belgium.

We're afraid of getting blowed up and you guys are afraid of getting ripped off. No-win situation there.
[Reply]
boom 10:31 AM 12-11-2010
I hate Customs!!!!
[Reply]
joeobx 10:35 AM 12-11-2010
That blows Ferdie....hope they see the error of their ways and you get your smokes.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 10:46 AM 12-11-2010
BS!!!
[Reply]
Brad 07:45 PM 12-11-2010
We've been having issues with Customs here in the US these days to. :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 07:48 PM 12-11-2010
You got a Case number and 30 days to protest. Should be good to go Brother. I hope!:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 07:52 PM 12-11-2010
What a bunch of bull.
[Reply]
smelvis 08:24 PM 12-11-2010
Damn, Good Luck Brother hope you get them back, F**king idiots.
[Reply]
whodeeni 12:39 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by smelvis:
Damn, Good Luck Brother hope you get them back, F**king idiots.
+1
[Reply]
longknocker 12:52 PM 12-15-2010
So Sorry To Hear This, Ferdie!:-) Hope It Gets Resolved In Your Favor Soon!
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:35 PM 12-15-2010
I call :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:48 PM 12-15-2010
it ain't Mac. I wish it was. This is a couple of hundred bucks of cigars that I lost and my addy is tagged.
[Reply]
Lumpold 02:17 PM 12-15-2010
I came in here expecting you to be moaning that the Dutch government had made Clog Dancing in front of the Town Windmills on a Saturday a mandatory thing to increase tourism...

On a serious note, do you think you'd be able to find a lawyer to sue the Dutch Authorities if they have destroyed the shipment? Do you think you'd have a case?
[Reply]
STEVE S 02:22 PM 12-15-2010
:-) Fredie I hope you get your cigars back from these a**holes!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up