Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>whats the most reliable lighter?
justonemorestick 12:41 PM 12-06-2010
I use my zippo and the zippo fuel I cant tell a difference vs butane torch. I think that most people wouldn't be able to tell a difference. I personally like that there is almost nothing short of physical damage and running out of flint and fluid that will keep it from lighting.

I think if you have refined your palette enough to detect any trace of fuel used to light a cigar you would probably be more concerned with how the waitress's perfume, when the rug was last vacuumed and what brand of window cleaner they use to clean the windows is interfering with your cigar while you whip out your $800 DuPont lighter and light your cigar which was rolled on a virgins thighs.

/rant_off
[Reply]
BTcigars 12:50 PM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by thegoldenmackid:
What's a precision flame limiter? lol.
Its pretty cool actually, it is engineered so that the flame stays at the desired size despite if it is even low on fuel. If you use a flint lighter, you know how it can be annoying to keep playing with the flame adjustment. Still a damn expensive lighter! lol
[Reply]
Steelergar 09:55 PM 12-18-2010
I've had the Ronson for a dozen cigars now and it blows away the other torches I had at a fraction of the price. The only thing I noticed is it dosn't work well when in cold weather, when exposed for over an hour. But the other ones had that problem too. Anybody know of a cold weather proof torch.
[Reply]
Bill86 09:58 PM 12-18-2010
Honestly I don't think any lighter is the end all be all. Probably your best bet is grabbing dozens of Ronsons or http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4179 those. For the price of $2-$3 bucks you cannot beat either. I dunno I've had no problems with my Xikars but it's hard to argue the mass quanties you can buy those cheap and reliable lighters in. Probably should also make sure you're using good quality butane as well.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:12 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by druturn:
Ronson. Ronson. Ronson. Most reliable piece of machinery I have ever purchased for $3.
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
:-)

Luckily my last two lighters have been trustworthy because the 3 WalMarts around my area no longer sell them. I simply refill them when they run out of fluid....been over a year now.
X2
[Reply]
CasaDooley 11:28 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
I've had the Ronson for a dozen cigars now and it blows away the other torches I had at a fraction of the price. The only thing I noticed is it dosn't work well when in cold weather, when exposed for over an hour. But the other ones had that problem too. Anybody know of a cold weather proof torch.
Butane becomes "sluggish" in cold weather which makes it harder to vaporize and ignite. Keep your lighter warm in the cold weather (like putting it in an inside coat pocket close to your chest) and it will usually work just fine. Hope this helps. :-)
[Reply]
ripper 11:33 AM 12-19-2010
If you want to upgrade from Ronson Jetlite and Zippos, try Nibo Space 6. It's a reliable triple torch and looks nice, esp. the gold. The Nibo Space 7 is a double-flame.
Never had one issue with with either lighter. They hold a lot of butane, and are not guzzlers. Best prices are at CigarAmerica:
http://cigaramerica.net/store/index....productId=1948

http://cigaramerica.net/store/index....productId=1949
[Reply]
staminator 02:35 PM 12-20-2010
Personally. I have a Blazer PB 207, a Ronson and an old ST Dupont Xtend. My favorite by far out of these is the Dupont, but maybe that's because it goes for ~$150 for the old ones (you get what you pay for?). But the Blazer is relatively inexpensive (I picked mine up for $25 on Amazon). I just received the Ronson last night from a friend, and it seems like a good (cheap) reliable lighter. I think it is a bit of personal preference. However, I would recommend you get a single flame because it is hard to correct a bad burn on a cigar with a two or three flame torch.
[Reply]
weak_link 04:47 PM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Be sure to use a quality fuel like 5x refined Vector. :-)

FWIW I use these, if one breaks(very rare) just toss it and grab another. Can't be beat, less than $2/each if you order more than 3 includes free shipping. :-)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4179
These are the best. I've had expensive torches but the guang da's are the best of all of 'em.
[Reply]
Bayou Tiger 07:39 PM 12-20-2010
I have a xixar two flame that i really like. Runs good outside, not sure how it is on durability as it is rather new.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up