Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>My dog hates La Aurora
babybob2k 10:25 AM 12-20-2010
Went to the B&M the other day to pick up a couple infused for the wife. When I'm there, I always like to try to pick up a single or two of something that I haven't tried. It was recomended by one of the guys at the shop that I grab a La Aurora 107. I had a La Aurora (not the 107) that was pretty good from the NST, so I grabbed one and was on my way.

Decided that yesterday was it's day, when I needed something to pass the time while my roast was cooking. Me and the dog head to the back yard, I light up, and we start playing. About an inch into the smoke, she takes her Freddy Krueger like claws to it, and my cigar is hanging in half.

Damn....

I don't want half a cigar, so I clip it off to smoke later and grab be an AB Tempus that I smoke with no incidents (like normal) while playing with the dog.

After dinner, I decided to fire up what's left of the La Aurora, so I head out back and light up. Not five minutes into it, here comes "Artemis, The Destoryer of Things" to finish it off (which she did, with little or no effort).

Right out of my hand again...

Damn...

On the brighter side, the part I did get to smoke was pretty tastey, so I'll be stopping by the B&M on the way home today to grab a couple more.

:-)

[Reply]
icehog3 10:35 AM 12-20-2010
I'm with Artemis, Cory. :-) :-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 10:53 AM 12-20-2010
See? A man's best friend. He "sensed" inferior tobacco and took matters into his own paws.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:01 AM 12-20-2010
Sorry to hear Cory...one of two choices...new smoking "buddy" or no more Auroras. :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:01 AM 12-20-2010
Haha... Bad doggie! Why would it do that to a good cigar? lol
[Reply]
quantim0 11:10 AM 12-20-2010
La Auroras make me sad also. I think your dog did you a favor.
[Reply]
babybob2k 12:05 PM 12-20-2010
Aw man....

She let's my wife get away with Tatiana's......

[Reply]
GolfNut 12:08 PM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by babybob2k:
Aw man....

She let's my wife get away with Tatiana's......

There are some things even a dog won't eat! :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 12:51 PM 12-20-2010
Guess it just didnt meet her standards. LOL
[Reply]
guitar4001 01:38 PM 12-20-2010
get her a la finca...that will fix er.
[Reply]
lyle23 02:16 PM 12-20-2010
My smoking buddy when im at home is my dog aswell, and I know to keep her happy she wants to chase squirrels or drink some beer. I think she would rather have some beer though. God help the squirrel if she gets ahold of it, she is getting close. Nala doesnt care about the cigar though.
[Reply]
dwoodward 07:04 PM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by lyle23:
My smoking buddy when im at home is my dog aswell, and I know to keep her happy she wants to chase squirrels or drink some beer. I think she would rather have some beer though. God help the squirrel if she gets ahold of it, she is getting close. Nala doesnt care about the cigar though.
Or God help your dog. Squirrels are mean if they feel trapped or cornered.. Like the feeling in your dog's mouth I am sure.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:33 PM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I'm with Artemis, Cory. :-) :-)
:-) :-)

My smoking buddies are my cats they just sit there and sniff my alcoholic beverages. They leave the cigars alone.
[Reply]
lyle23 09:04 PM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Or God help your dog. Squirrels are mean if they feel trapped or cornered.. Like the feeling in your dog's mouth I am sure.
Oh i know this first hand, i do most the tree work at my job. Ran into a few tree rats in pine trees. My dog gets one in her mouth, and its game over. Her jaws amaze me at how strong they are.
[Reply]
Up