Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Macanudo - any good?
Costa 05:01 PM 12-14-2010
Received this as a gift from one of our international sales guys. From his humidor, was a very nice gesture. I have to say it smells, fantastic. I have never seen a Macanudo in a coffin, anyone every have one of these? TIA.
[Reply]
OLS 05:04 PM 12-14-2010
Nothing like bringing up the oldest adage here...Smoke and and tell US how it is.
[Reply]
Costa 05:11 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Nothing like bringing up the oldest adage here...Smoke and and tell US how it is.
Haha. I have to say Brad, it smells awesome! I may take him to my favorite cigar bar tomorrow night, so I may just bring it with me. He seems to know cigars pretty well.....
[Reply]
ninjavanish 05:29 PM 12-14-2010
I actually saw one of these today. Haven't smoked that particular one before though.

With everyone of these that burns their numbers in this world grow fewer.

I can tell you this is s special cigar.

You know what to do with special cigars? Smoke them!
[Reply]
thebayratt 05:30 PM 12-14-2010
The only Mac I have found that I like is the 1968. It took a buddy of mine to buy it for me for me to try it. @ $10.... it was more like a $7 cigar.

I have never had the one you have.... It may be good, it may not.... only one way to find out!! :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 05:31 PM 12-14-2010
I have not had one, but it sure looks good. Smoke it and let us know.
[Reply]
Bax 05:40 PM 12-14-2010
It's a nice mild cigar. A fine gift and nice presentation. After all, it's the thought that counts.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 06:25 PM 12-14-2010
Not sure if I have any of the 1993 vintage's left. Still have a few 1988's, half a box of 1997's, half a box of 2000's. I've looked for the 1982 vintages. never found any! Had a few of the 1993's in the past, but were not the one's in the coffin. Enjoy it, and let us know!!!
[Reply]
forgop 06:26 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by Bax:
It's a nice mild cigar. A fine gift and nice presentation. After all, it's the thought that counts.
If he knows you're not a regular cigar smoker, he was looking out for you. Much better to give a really nice mild cigar than something that will make you throw up.
[Reply]
guitar4001 07:40 PM 12-14-2010
i have had no interest in macanoodles. too mild and too pricey. The market keeps them on the shelves, so I guess they have some fans.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:44 PM 12-14-2010
I am in the minority here in that I like Macanudos very much, in all their incarnations. Some are better than others, but they are all good imo. I'm sure this one will be a special smoke, so enjoy it without any presuppositions!
[Reply]
ninjavanish 07:58 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Not sure if I have any of the 1993 vintage's left. Still have a few 1988's, half a box of 1997's, half a box of 2000's. I've looked for the 1982 vintages. never found any! Had a few of the 1993's in the past, but were not the one's in the coffin. Enjoy it, and let us know!!!
You mean the 79's?

I'll bring some to the beach in January.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 07:40 AM 12-15-2010
Yep, I purchased 2 of these from the Tinder Box in Columbus many many moons ago. They had something like a 30 dollar sticker on them but were "on sale" for 12 bucks a piece. The one was smoked right away, and the other rested at the bottom of my humidor for a few years. (I think I may still have one of the coffins around here somewhere). They were both very mild, a little nutty, and "typical Macanudo." Leaving the one in my humidor really didn't change much from what I could tell, but a light smoke in the morning with a coffee or tea matches pretty nice. I'm not a big Mac fan, but I was at one time when I started out (portofinos) and still have friends who won't smoke anything else.

Try it out and let us know what ya think.

**side note, the one left in the humi for some time had developed a little stickyness on the inside of the cello that I noticed when it was removed. I don't know what that was about, but it smoked fine.
[Reply]
Up