Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>Need recommendation
jaymz 09:46 AM 12-17-2008
I'm looking to purchase some pipe tobacco for a friends xmas gift. The only thing i really know about his preferences is he seems to like cavendish. Any recommendations?
[Reply]
Slow Triathlete 10:02 AM 12-17-2008
Well if he likes cavendish then he's probably leaning more towards being an aromatic smoker.

McClelland just came out with a new Christmas blend called Holiday Spirit. It has cavendish in it and it is Christmas themed. Score on both fronts:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/...oduct_id=42893
[Reply]
MithShrike 10:17 AM 12-17-2008
I've always liked Frog Morton.
[Reply]
jaymz 06:38 PM 12-18-2008
I'm hitting the B&M tomorrow night .. i'll see if i can grab one of those.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 10:42 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by jaymz:
I'm hitting the B&M tomorrow night .. i'll see if i can grab one of those.
IMHO, the best thing you can do, is to ask the people at the B&M, which of their "in house bulk blends" are Cavendish based. Most will probably be aromatics. You can select a few different ones, and buy a couple of ounces of each, at very reasonable prices!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:54 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
IMHO, the best thing you can do, is to ask the people at the B&M, which of their "in house bulk blends" are Cavendish based. Most will probably be aromatics. You can select a few different ones, and buy a couple of ounces of each, at very reasonable prices!
I agree. Ask if they have BCA. :-)
[Reply]
jaymz 03:25 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
not a bad idea!
[Reply]
Up