Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Angeles Havana IV
TanithT 03:54 PM 06-13-2009
So there I was, minding my own business, when I was slammed into by a short but incredibly powerful and belligerent street punk who seemed to be part Cuban. After he showed his peppery strength, he decided we were gonna be good buddies, and he mellowed out some to smack my taste buds with the delicious flavors of dark, bitter chocolate and a meaty charcoal-grilled steak. Unsubtle but exciting, like a short but thrilling roller coaster ride, the experience left me a bit weak in the knees. I have to admit, this guy had a really nice ash, and I just couldn't stop staring at it. :-)

And that's what smoking the Angeles was like. This is a beautifully constructed cigar with a pleasantly firm draw. From the first few draws it was peppery and powerful, smoothing out about midway with meaty and bitter-chocolate notes to accompany the spice. The flavor profile was certainly reminiscent of a Havana, specifically a Cohiba, but lacked the deeper earthy notes of "Havana Horseshit" that you would expect in an island stick. That was not necessarily a flaw in this cigar, which was impressively tasty in its own right.

Definite thumbs-up from the herfer grrrl on this one. Warning: this stick delivers an impressive hit of Vitamin N, and I wouldn't recommend driving after indulging in a couple.

This was a great way to kick off my birthday weekend, and a good start to soaking up the tasty bomb damage that just got dropped me by Alley00p. Many thanks to a true brother of the leaf!
[Reply]
tuxpuff 04:19 PM 06-13-2009
Sounds like you met a good friend there. Great review and happy birthday!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:25 PM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
Sounds like you met a good friend there. Great review and happy birthday!
:-)X2! Have some resting myself I need to try! Thanks for the review!:-)
[Reply]
Paint 06:09 PM 06-13-2009
Is this cigar the same as the Havana"VI" line?
[Reply]
TanithT 06:11 PM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by Paint:
Is this cigar the same as the Havana"VI" line?
Yeah, cuz I'm a dyslexic dumbass.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 06:20 PM 06-13-2009
Happy birthday! Great review of an excellent smoke.
[Reply]
heavyd 09:13 PM 06-13-2009
Great review! Thanks for sharing :-)
[Reply]
alley00p 09:42 PM 06-13-2009
Tanith, that was a great review! I knew I liked that cigar, but my palate is much more pedestrian: great!, meh, or yuck :-)

I'm also happy to be able to partake in your birthday celebration in a small way! :-)

[Reply]
groogs 11:19 PM 06-13-2009
Nice review, I really enjoy the Angeles.
[Reply]
blooz4u 01:21 AM 06-14-2009
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:05 AM 06-14-2009
great review....this was my first Tat....and you know what they say, you never forget your first Tat.....
[Reply]
Mr B 05:38 PM 06-14-2009
Happy Birthday Tanith.

Great Review!
[Reply]
JJG 07:12 PM 06-14-2009
I need to branch out and try the rest of the Tatuaje line. I'm a big fan of the brown label so I always end up buying those when I'm at the cigar store. The Tainos are my favorite big celebration smoke and everyone has been excellent. will have to pick up one of the Havanas VI's next time
[Reply]
boom 08:27 PM 06-14-2009
Happy B-day Angeles are great just finished a Regios myself.
[Reply]
Wanger 12:44 PM 06-15-2009
Love the red label tats myself. Nice review and happy belated birthday.
[Reply]
Up