Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Recipes>ABT Recipe (BACON!)
raisin 10:19 AM 04-09-2010
There are several rack and holder design solutions to your problem readily available on the net, try searching here:

http://virtualweberbullet.com/

Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Just skimming threads and saw this thread. I've made these time and time again at our tailgate and are always a huge hit, however, I always run into the same problem, the mixture I fill them with (cream cheese, shredded cheese, pulled pork) always ends up melting all over the place before the bacon can finish cooking. I usually can get the heat side down cooked, but the top part of the bacon (also where the filling is) is undercooked, and flipping them causes a huge mess. By the time they come off the grill, they're a sloppy and uneatable without a fork. How can I get the bacon to cook evenly while keeping the filling inside each piece?

[Reply]
BigAsh 10:44 AM 04-09-2010
Here's some ABT's on one of the racks I have....along with some "fatties"....

Mmmmm.....now I know what I'll be doing this weekend
[Reply]
Superbad 08:38 PM 05-16-2010
Thanks for the recipe. I have the stuff to make these waiting in the fridge now.
[Reply]
Prozac_Puros 08:39 AM 09-01-2010
My son had a birthday over the weekend, He asked me to make a batch of ABTs

40 homegrown jalapeno peppers
2 types of bacon
2 packages of cream cheese
1 cup of sharp chedar cheese
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 package of little smokies

I didn't cut the jalapeno peppers in half, I just cut the stems off and cored the peppers with an old peeler. I stuffed the peppers with the mixed cream cheese, chedar cheese and minced garlic.. pop in a lil smokie, wrap with bacon.....

Mmmmm, bacon

On the grill

I would have taken a picture of the finished product.... They didn't last too long.
:-)
Attached:
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:23 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by Prozac_Puros:
My son had a birthday over the weekend, He asked me to make a batch of ABTs

40 homegrown jalapeno peppers
2 types of bacon
2 packages of cream cheese
1 cup of sharp chedar cheese
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 package of little smokies

Attachment 7168

I didn't cut the jalapeno peppers in half, I just cut the stems off and cored the peppers with an old peeler. I stuffed the peppers with the mixed cream cheese, chedar cheese and minced garlic.. pop in a lil smokie, wrap with bacon.....

Mmmmm, bacon

Attachment 7169

On the grill

Attachment 7170

I would have taken a picture of the finished product.... They didn't last too long. :-)
Mmmmmmmmmmm.....been awhile since I fired up a batch of ABT's....:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up