Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Tequila Thread!!!
Patron 12:49 PM 08-24-2009
Originally Posted by s0leful0ne:
I currently started a bottle of Tejano...has anyone heard of this? i was recommended it by the local shop. This is my first dabble into tequila.
I'm not aware of any tequila by this name, can you post a picture of it? What is the NOM (distiller registration number), it should be posted on the label? If you post the NOM I can look it up by the distiller.
[Reply]
s0leful0ne 03:01 PM 08-24-2009
Originally Posted by Patron:
I'm not aware of any tequila by this name, can you post a picture of it? What is the NOM (distiller registration number), it should be posted on the label? If you post the NOM I can look it up by the distiller.

NOM1477

its not bad...
[Reply]
Patron 03:41 PM 08-24-2009
Still couldn't find out much more about your Tejano Tequila. It produced by a relatively new distillery in El Arenal, Jalisco.

Leticia Hermosillo Ravelero, S.A. de C.V.

It looks like they may have just started up in 2008/2009 and it also looks like they make about 6 or 7 other brands which may or may not be distributed in the U.S. I'm familar with one of their brands, Cava de Oro, which is pretty good but maybe the Tejano is a new release for them.

If you like it......drink it........it's good tequila
[Reply]
1badhog07 11:31 AM 10-07-2009
after a hard day at work,like to take a shot of patron and chase it with a beer.then settle down with a good smoke.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 04:14 PM 10-07-2009
I'm glad that somebody revived this thread.

Tequila is a great topic!

What new finds or purchased have you made lately?

What are you enjoying the most lately?

I recently picked up a bottle of Don Julio Anejo, but I have not opened it yet.

Over the last month or so, I have been especially enjoying Casa Noble Crystal. I love that juice!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:21 PM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:

Open it!!!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:05 AM 10-08-2009

Over the last month or so, I have been especially enjoying Casa Noble Crystal. I love that juice!
What did you think of the Don Julio Anejo? I do not think it is anything special. Their silver is the benchmark. I love the Cuervo Anejo, but can only get it in Mexico. Not sure why they wouldn't export it? Centenario Anejo is decent too.

Casa Noble is just an awesome brand all around.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 11:18 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
What did you think of the Don Julio Anejo? I do not think it is anything special. Their silver is the benchmark. I love the Cuervo Anejo, but can only get it in Mexico. Not sure why they wouldn't export it? Centenario Anejo is decent too.

Casa Noble is just an awesome brand all around.
I have not opened the Don Julio Anejo yet. I picked it up on a recommendation from my son. We both have very similar taste. I will open it when I finish off a bottle of Chinaco Anejo I opened awhile ago. It's an amazing anejo, although I am not real big on anejo, but it is one of the best I've ever tried. I do enjoy repo and anejo from time to time, but I am much more of a Blanco/Sliver/Crystal person.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:29 PM 10-08-2009
I am not real big on anejo, but it is one of the best I've ever tried. I do enjoy repo and anejo from time to time, but I am much more of a Blanco/Sliver/Crystal person.
Reposado is my favorite, followed by Silver then Anejo. Reposado is the compromise between purity and aging for me. Anejo might as well be cognac or something...
[Reply]
Parshooter 02:34 PM 10-08-2009
This is the best I've had in a while
Attached: room 006.jpg (107.5 KB) 
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 02:39 PM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
Yes, I have tried that several times when visiting friends. As I said before, I am more of a Blanco guy, and their Blanco is very good as well!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 03:41 PM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
I have had the El Mayor Silver many times, very nice tequila...
[Reply]
1badhog07 06:11 PM 10-09-2009
Open it (johnny flake)and i will come over and help you finish it...
[Reply]
snowy 06:21 PM 10-15-2009
A rep from Jose Cuervo came to last month's cigar dinner. He brought some Don Julio, and Jose Cuervo tequila.

I tried the Don Julio 1942 and it was unbelievable good. It tasted more like a single malt scotch then tequila.

I also tried the Jose Cuevro Reserva de la Familia and I must say it was one of the best tequila I have ever had.
[Reply]
smokin5 08:45 PM 10-24-2009
One of my favorites is a lower-end 100% agave by Sauza, 100 Anos.
Costs about $25/ 750ml in the states (at least around my area), but I tend to buy it in Mexico for about $12. Not to be confused with the Reposado, which is inferior.

However, the BIG question for all you tequila fans is:
With what cigar do you pair it?
I find most cigars clash with the sweet-salty-spiciness of a good tequila, & I've only found a few cigars that really complement the flavor, mostly Honduran for some inexplicable reason. San Luis Rey & Punch Gran Puro being the best pairings. Perdomo Reserve Cameroon (now discontinued) & TTT Trinidad beng the best runner-ups.

What cigar do YOU prefer with a night of tequila?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:57 PM 10-24-2009
For me, it's all about Mezcal once I tried a high end one. I have plenty of top end Tequila that I could care less about after one sip of that Mezcal. It's like Tequila on steroids; at least flavorwise. The smoothness and quality was equal to any top brand you can name.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:13 PM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
I have had the El Mayor Silver many times, very nice tequila...
I like the El Mayor Silver also but I stopped buying it after I progressed to the El Mayor Anejo.
[Reply]
LeoM 08:35 PM 12-05-2009
Well, since I'm having a nice nip of Don Julio, figured I'd bump this thread back up to the land of the living :-).

For me, DJ Anjeo or Cabo Rep is my "normal drink", but every once in a while, it's nice to kick it up with a glass of Real or Uno.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 09:01 PM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by LeoM:
Well, since I'm having a nice nip of Don Julio, figured I'd bump this thread back up to the land of the living :-).

For me, DJ Anjeo or Cabo Rep is my "normal drink", but every once in a while, it's nice to kick it up with a glass of Real or Uno.
I also am very partial to Don Julio, both the Silver and the Anejo. I am also very much into Casa Noble Crystal and the Anejo as well! In fact I just finished a sniffer of the CN Crystal earlier this evening.
[Reply]
Parshooter 06:59 AM 12-07-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Reposado is my favorite, followed by Silver then Anejo. Reposado is the compromise between purity and aging for me. Anejo might as well be cognac or something...
Interesting. I was at a high-end, chain Mexican restaurant last week and was talking tequila with the manager and he said the he perferred the reposados and blanco to the anejo. He said the anejo is like drinking bourbon and that you get much better "tequila flavor" from the reposado and blanco. I'm going to start trying the reps and blancos now.
I did procure a bottle of the DJ 1942 and it's some wonderful stuff :-)

BTW, I'm going to a tequila dinner at Cantina Loredo this Weds. They are featuring Don Julio tequila, will be fun to talk to the rep and try to get some 1942 off them.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up