Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>5 Vegas - where to buy?
Razorhog 12:31 PM 02-10-2010
Cinco Vegas has become a favorite of mine. Are they basically only sold on cigars international and cigars.com? I checked the 5 Vegas web site and it lists those two and some B&Ms (one is also a lingere shop, WTF?)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 12:33 PM 02-10-2010
Devil site
[Reply]
Kreth 12:34 PM 02-10-2010
From what I understand, CI bought the rights to the name several years ago. So yeah, your online options are pretty much CI and "sister" sites.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
SouthernSmoke 12:38 PM 02-10-2010
you can snag some really really good deals off the devil site that's run by cigars international...My local B&M has the A's and classics pretty routinely.

you can also find them on this website but their prices aren't quite as competitive.
[Reply]
Razorhog 12:40 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
From what I understand, CI bought the rights to the name several years ago. So yeah, your online options are pretty much CI and "sister" sites.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the info! Guess I'll stick with the devil site! Deals can be had there of course, but I wish there were alternative sellers to encourage competitive prices.
[Reply]
maninblack 12:56 PM 02-10-2010
Another 5 Vegas fan! Like the others said, CI and cbid are your best bets. I really like the classic and the Miami's, but not so much the other blends.
[Reply]
Razorhog 01:07 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Another 5 Vegas fan! Like the others said, CI and cbid are your best bets. I really like the classic and the Miami's, but not so much the other blends.
I've tried two of the classics and both were sour. Got a couple that have been resting for over a year so I'll be trying them soon.
I love the Gold nuggets for a short mild smoke, the "A" series is very tasty- got some 6x60's for mowing the yard, and the Miamis are a good sit and enjoy cigars. Looking forward to trying the Relics, cask strengths, and various Limitadas.
[Reply]
Razorhog 01:17 PM 02-10-2010
Forgot to mention the sampler deal on cbid right now: http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=850988
[Reply]
Whee 01:20 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by Razorhog:
I've tried two of the classics and both were sour. Got a couple that have been resting for over a year so I'll be trying them soon.
I love the Gold nuggets for a short mild smoke, the "A" series is very tasty- got some 6x60's for mowing the yard, and the Miamis are a good sit and enjoy cigars. Looking forward to trying the Relics, cask strengths, and various Limitadas.
The Classic gets better when it sits for awhile. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 01:24 PM 02-10-2010
Love the Classic, Relic, Cask Strength, Miami, and Limitadas (had some burn issues with an '08, but it tasted great). The Golds, not so much, and the As have been really hit or miss for me. I've had one Triple A and loved it. Hopefully they're more consistent than the regular As.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
rhmalone 03:29 PM 02-10-2010
Give me a classic or miami any day... yum.
[Reply]
Namerifrats 07:13 PM 02-10-2010
Cigars International and Cigarbid are the primary places. I did find some in a Tinderbox once....
[Reply]
Starscream 07:24 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Love the Classic, Relic, Cask Strength, Miami, and Limitadas (had some burn issues with an '08, but it tasted great). The Golds, not so much, and the As have been really hit or miss for me. I've had one Triple A and loved it. Hopefully they're more consistent than the regular As.
Posted via Mobile Device
IMHO:-), the best of the line is the Classic, then the Cask Strength II, then A series, then the regular, gold, and Limitada are all hit-or-miss.
[Reply]
captain53 07:35 PM 02-10-2010
Not sure which particular ones you are interested in but the Daily JoeCigar and Jams run a lot of specials on them including this one today:

http://www.joecigar.com/index.asp
[Reply]
Razorhog 12:03 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
IMHO:-), the best of the line is the Classic, then the Cask Strength II, then A series, then the regular, gold, and Limitada are all hit-or-miss.
I'm confused. I thought the classic was the regular - am I missing something ?
[Reply]
Kreth 12:20 PM 02-11-2010
Two things frustrate me about 5 Vegas:
1. The As that have been on (like my last 5er) are really good. But some are awful. I had one last summer with this weird metallic flavor, like biting down on tin foil with an old school filling.
2. CI has some really good deals on 5V samplers, especially on Joe or other specials, but the Gold is in *every* friggin' one. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
XTRazzer 08:39 AM 02-12-2010
Slippery Rock Cigars carries 5 Vegas. The owner likes them so almost always has some varieties in stock which makes it nice if you want to try one. His prices on boxes are good as well, but when you factor in free shipping offers from Cigars International it's a toss-up.

My favorites are the Series A and Cask Strength II. Thankfully I haven't had a bad stick from either. I still want to try the AAA and Relic.
[Reply]
BigCat 01:10 PM 02-12-2010
I'm confused. I thought the classic was the regular - am I missing something ?
The classic is the regular as I understand it. Also known as the red label.
[Reply]
sikk50 01:22 PM 02-12-2010
The Gold's are really good after a 6 month or so nap. They pick up a lot of cinimon
[Reply]
Razorhog 02:54 PM 02-12-2010
Haven't had a AAA yet but was just thinking that they chose a poor name for it. If it is a completely different blend than the A, and is a bit confusing. The band even looks similar.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up