Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Plume!
issues 12:54 PM 02-08-2010
Since we're on he subject...

Here's a cigar I've been keeping for the past 4 years that I believe is showing signs of plume:

Here's the celo showing signs of yellowing:

Does this look right?
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 12:54 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
It is white and/or dust like. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...0005#post80005
Never in my experience. Mine looked just like Moki's Opus in the picture (the white spots only look that way when photographed as they are just the light reflecting off of the crystals. They were clear crystals and only the ones with light reflecting off of them showed up in pictures and looked just like that. Never looked white or dust like to the eye.
[Reply]
poker 12:54 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Was the cigar expensive? i hope you write a review of it; i've never seen it before.
Joya de Nicaragua Gran Reserva

http://www.bigsmokecigars.com/Joya-d...va-cigars.html
[Reply]
marge796 01:03 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
Plume Pandemonium 2010
AJ "The Philly Kid" Vs "Italian" MoeD
2 men enter 1 man leaves

Lets get ready to rumble!!!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 01:06 PM 02-08-2010

You can see the "white" spots that are the few crystals that are reflecting the light at that angle. The cigar was "covered" in plume. I wish I could find a better picture, but that's all I have. Hopefully the pic works, as it took a while to pull up on my computer.
[Reply]
UPHOTO 01:13 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:

You can see the "white" spots that are the few crystals that are reflecting the light at that angle. The cigar was "covered" in plume. I wish I could find a better picture, but that's all I have. Hopefully the pic works, as it took a while to pull up on my computer.
Sorry but that isn't Plume either.

That is ACTUAL stripper glitter!!!!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:14 PM 02-08-2010
Never looked white or dust like to the eye.
I have seen many that did and smoked a few.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 01:18 PM 02-08-2010
It's possible I've just never seen it like that. All the plume I've seen has looked similar.
[Reply]
issues 01:20 PM 02-08-2010
It's possible I've just never seen it like that. All the plume I've seen has looked similar.
So what mine has isn't plume?

It doesn't look at all like mold and I doubt it is dust as it has been in the celo and kept in a humidor with an rh that has never dipped below 65 or above 72.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 01:24 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
So what mine has isn't plume?

It doesn't look at all like mold and I doubt it is dust as it has been in the celo and kept in a humidor with an rh that has never dipped below 65 or above 72.
Dunno. I wouldn't call it plume, but that doesn't mean it isn't.
[Reply]
issues 02:59 PM 02-08-2010
Dunno. I wouldn't call it plume, but that doesn't mean it isn't.
Well that's disappointing... :-)

Should I separate this stick from the rest of my stock?
[Reply]
maxnmisty435 04:04 PM 02-08-2010
To make this real simple if it is in your own collection and looks like plume,mold,dust.....wipe it off and smoke it. If you go to a B&M and it looks like it has plume,dust,mold steer clear!

Just remember plume does not change the flavor.
Not having plume does not mean you are doing anything wrong.

I see these posts on every Cigar board out there. Quit getting hung up on plume!!!

It dont mean squat!! Just enjoy your cigars.
[Reply]
pnoon 04:40 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by maxnmisty435:
Quit getting hung up on plume!!!

It dont mean squat!! Just enjoy your cigars.
Ain't that the truth!
[Reply]
barbourjay 05:11 PM 02-08-2010
i just find it humerous that almost with 99% of these cases of threads being started that it almost always winds up being mold/dust. i've honestly never seen a case of someone finding something from a b&m that really had plume on it. btw, after looking at it it looks like it's never been wiped down and it's really impurities from the humidification (probably minerals) building onto the cigar. as everyone else stated the rule is that if it's on the band, it isn't plume.

it's the rule, not the exception :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 06:16 PM 02-08-2010
Look at all the plume on his face and clothes (they must be aged)!

[Reply]
pnoon 06:21 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:

Darrell - You're such a commodian. :-)

[Reply]
Skywalker 06:41 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by UPHOTO:
Sorry but that isn't Plume either.

That is ACTUAL stripper glitter!!!!
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:54 PM 02-08-2010
Mmmmmmm:-), stripper glitter.
[Reply]
Darrell 08:59 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Darrell - You're such a commodian. :-)

Thanks, Baldy. :-)
[Reply]
lightning9191 06:11 AM 02-09-2010
Plume is like Bigfoot. Someone thinks they get a picture of it, puts it on the internet and then in the end the majority usually votes it isn't plume. Some people think they have seen it, but no one seems real sure. Those that are sure they have seen it are labeled as crazy. Are there any confirmed cases of plume? :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up