Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
All Cigar Discussion>My Basement Lounge Project is Officially Underway
GTCanuk 03:45 PM 08-12-2009
Is it finished yet? how bout now:-)
[Reply]
sboyajian 10:42 PM 08-12-2009
Got a late start tonight, but got the first wall done. This will be the wall from the Exercise room into the unfinished Storage area. This wall includes a door and had to take into account going around the duct work.
[Reply]
sboyajian 11:11 PM 08-13-2009
Here are some updated pics.

I've only been able to devote 2 hours last night and 2 hours tonight.. but it's been fairly productive.

[Reply]
N2Advnture 04:38 AM 08-14-2009
Looking good bro!

You got a lot done for only 2 hours work.

BTW - When you're done, wanna come down to Ashburn to build out mine :-)
[Reply]
Bax 05:20 AM 08-14-2009
Very cool! Are using a door to the excersise room?
[Reply]
Hitagain 06:28 AM 08-14-2009
Looks like a great start. Make sure your HVAC guy uses leak free dampers and duct seal all connections in ducts with opening into the room. You would be suprised at how much air leaks by some cheaper dampers out there. Keep the pictures comeing!
[Reply]
SmokinDuck 06:31 AM 08-14-2009
Looks good.

Your dog has the right idea... watch you work. :-)
[Reply]
sboyajian 08:51 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by N2Advnture:
Looking good bro!

You got a lot done for only 2 hours work.

BTW - When you're done, wanna come down to Ashburn to build out mine :-)
Let me think about that one Mark. :-)

Until I've decided you are more than welcome to come to mine, just a quick 20 minute drive up 66 (I know.. I know.. there's nothing quick about 66)
[Reply]
sboyajian 08:53 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by Bax:
Very cool! Are using a door to the excersise room?
Yes. I should be done with most of the framing tonight, then tomorrow I need to take a sawzall to the existing wall next to the existing door. That will be the location of the door to the exercise room. The wall (shown as a white line in the original pictures) will seperate the two doors.
[Reply]
sboyajian 08:54 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinDuck:
Looks good.

Your dog has the right idea... watch you work. :-)
The first night she was laying down between studs while the wall portion was on the floor. She had her chin resting on one of the studs. As I began to hammer the header plate onto the studs, she simply "lifted her eyebrows" and let out a sigh.. never moved..
[Reply]
N2Advnture 08:58 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by sboyajian:
The first night she was laying down between studs while the wall portion was on the floor. She had her chin resting on one of the studs. As I began to hammer the header plate onto the studs, she simply "lifted her eyebrows" and let out a sigh.. never moved..
ROFLMAO! Man, I miss my dog.

Originally Posted by sboyajian:
Let me think about that one Mark. :-)
Until I've decided you are more than welcome to come to mine, just a quick 20 minute drive up 66 (I know.. I know.. there's nothing quick about 66)
Actually, I'd love to come by and see how you're actually framing it. I've been submitting bids for framers but think that I could do 1/2 the complete basement remodel myself.

Keep taking pics! :-)
[Reply]
sboyajian 09:13 AM 08-14-2009
I'll be honest, this is my first time framing anything. It's a lot easier than you would think and for the space I did, the lumber barely broke $200 :-) It's definately cheaper to do it yourself and it's fun at that.

Feel free to swing by.. send me a PM if you wanna head down and I'll give you the addy and phone number. I'll be working on it tonight, and tomorrow morning, and probably Sunday.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:51 AM 08-14-2009
Very nice brother :-) cannot wait to see the finished product
[Reply]
The Poet 10:41 AM 08-14-2009
From the appearance in the photo, your dog is 16 on the square from ear to anus. :-)

It's looking good so far. :-)
[Reply]
sboyajian 12:02 PM 08-16-2009
Did some more work on the Lounge this morning. Got all of the wall framing done. Have not done the soffit around the duct work since the HVAC guy may need additional room there and anything I build may get in the way. I'll do that after he runs his stuff.

I also cut out the door for the exercise room. When my son came down the stairs and saw this I was promptly put in "Time Out" for making a mess.

Just finishing up lunch and then I'll head down and run my electrical and place my boxes.

[Reply]
sboyajian 12:03 PM 08-16-2009
[Reply]
blooz4u 12:06 PM 08-16-2009
Looking good man! Enjoying the in-progress photos!
[Reply]
hornitosmonster 12:45 PM 08-16-2009
Looking Good :-)

wish I had a basement
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 12:56 PM 08-16-2009
Looks great....gonna be a sweet chill spot :-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 01:22 PM 08-16-2009
Looks great! I have the same shoes your son wears.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up