Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cabinet humidor seasoning and beads
danreeve 08:35 PM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by Altra:
I heard the batteries won't last very long on those. I picked up a 18 inch 3 LED light from depot for 50 bucks. Just fits across the top and the plug is thin so it fit down behind all the shelves. Plus I leave the light on so.

Wish I could show you guys how it really looks in person. Oh those boxes are empties of course to help season the thing.

Shawn
mine does not have a power plug in it so unless it's a ribbon power cord I think I'm kinda stuck with battery powered lights.

both top and bottom now reading 66%

Dan
[Reply]
Altra 03:10 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by danreeve:
mine does not have a power plug in it so unless it's a ribbon power cord I think I'm kinda stuck with battery powered lights.

both top and bottom now reading 66%

Dan
Sorry for the late reply bro, that does suck there is no power outlet in there. Wonder how difficult it would be to add one.

Update, so far the humidity is 65 at the top and 70 on the bottom. Holds steady at that for days and if I open the door it recovers within 5-10mins. Not bad I think for no beads or cigars in it yet. 8 and a 1/2 days so far seasoning, 2 more days and I will add the cigars.

Damn beads won't be here till Tuesday, longer then I figured it would take but that just made this impatient guy season longer. A good thing :-)

Picked up all the hardware and mounted my 3 120mm fans to the side walls. Looks much better now they are not just laying around.

Shawn
[Reply]
danreeve 08:41 PM 05-06-2011
Now your going to make me wait ten 10 days of just seasoning before adding my sticks. I was just going to do 7. :-)

Dan
[Reply]
Altra 04:31 AM 05-07-2011
Originally Posted by danreeve:
Now your going to make me wait ten 10 days of just seasoning before adding my sticks. I was just going to do 7. :-)

Dan
LOL blame it on my beads taking so long to get here, not me.:-) Trust me bro driving me just as crazy waiting.

But once smokes are inside it will just drive me crazy waiting to fill it up. I guess it never ends does it.

Oh what fun:-)

Shawn
[Reply]
danreeve 08:04 PM 05-10-2011
So I'm on day 9 of seasoning. I have not opened the door since day one and I have 7 small bowls of distilled water sitting in it plus a cigar oasis just for the fan. It's at 71% now (top and bottom) and has been raising 1% a day for the last 3 days. Should I continue to wait until it gets to steady percentage and stays at it for a few days even if it continues to go up a bit? Or am I close to done?

thanks for any advice.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:17 PM 05-10-2011
I would take out the water bowls and see if the humidor will maintain a steady state for a few days.
[Reply]
Altra 01:46 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I would take out the water bowls and see if the humidor will maintain a steady state for a few days.
What he said:-)

Smokes are in mine now and all has been good. I removed my bowls at 5 days. R/H remained stable with just the Hydra. Waited another 5 then added sticks. Now after 2 days added beads last night.

I'd say you are good to remove the bowls, give it a day to see if it stays and if it does add your sticks.

Shawn
[Reply]
danreeve 06:49 AM 05-11-2011
thanks guys. bowls coming out tonight.

Dan
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up