Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Customizing a Zero Halliburton
kelmac07 05:41 AM 04-19-2011
Looking good Dan!! :-)
[Reply]
DBall 05:57 AM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I can see why you're disappointed Dan, but the Matte Black one looks bad as hell :-)
Was that done using the same product?
No... the matte black one actually came that way. It was a big hit at the herf I was at this weekend as no one had ever seen matte black before.

I'm going to email Duracoat and ask what they recommend doing. I'll update the thread with results...
[Reply]
Stogeyfish 08:56 AM 04-19-2011
Glad you had the black matte hali this weekend; though I'm sure the blue one would have elicited some comments. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:04 AM 04-19-2011
Dan, you gotta get that changed asap! The Carowhina Blue is absolutely hideous! :-)

Just tell them you want it Duke blue. :-) :-)

The black matte is cool!
[Reply]
T.G 09:05 AM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
I'm going to email Duracoat and ask what they recommend doing. I'll update the thread with results...

:-)

[Reply]
DBall 10:23 AM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:

Hahaha... nah, I bet they'll do something to make it right. That light blue just isn't what I was looking for.

In retrospect, I shoulda gotten hunter green and white to make a JETS hali!
[Reply]
DBall 11:00 AM 04-19-2011
Here's the response:

Originally Posted by :
Greetings,
We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the OSHA Blue color. From your photo, this color appears to be correct. This is the OSHA Blue color as OSHA has identified it. Since this is apparently not the color you hoped for, we will send you a replacement in the color of your choice. We do offer 10 paper color samples per year at no charge if you would like to actually see the colors prior to making your choice since print and online images tend to not be the best representations of color. We recommend choosing a couple of our blues that appear close to what you are looking for and then requesting samples of those colors. Once you decide on a color, we will send the replacement at no cost to you. Most of our colors come in a Matte sheen. If you are looking for a high gloss, you will need to top coat with DuraCoat Gloss Clear.

Best Regards.
I asked them how they looked similar in any way and asked if they could point me to the one that looks the way OSHA is advertised to look (I did so politely, I think... hahaha). I also included this picture

Updates to follow...
Attached: Hali Comparison.jpg (85.4 KB) 
[Reply]
T.G 11:16 AM 04-19-2011
Dan, where did the AR-15 "OSHA" blue artists image come from? Is that from Duracoat?
[Reply]
kydsid 11:19 AM 04-19-2011
Dan, where did the AR-15 "OSHA" blue artists image come from? Is that from Duracoat?
What I was thinking. That site might have gotten it wrong instead of duracoat. I think it is the case cause I don't recall osha blue being what I would call dark blue like on that ar15. Anyways I don't think its all so bad. At least you have a Halli. :-)

Thats just balla no matter what color.
[Reply]
massphatness 11:31 AM 04-19-2011
Dan? Do you have THREE Zeros??
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:47 AM 04-19-2011
I like the blue one!
[Reply]
awsmith4 12:03 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
That is what I was wondering!
[Reply]
DBall 12:04 PM 04-19-2011
Yes, it is from their site.

Originally Posted by massphatness:
I plead the 5th.

Hahaha... seriously, though, I had one and bought 3 more because I found a guy here locally who was selling them for a great price. 1 was sold immediately, the other was supposed to be sold, but that didn't pan out so it's going to another brother (also for what I paid for it, no profit). The matte black one I'm keeping and the painted one (once it comes out to something close to what I want) I'm keeping as well.
[Reply]
Tikihut27 04:45 PM 05-31-2011
Good news, Dan! Looks like the Halli will be ready on time! Wanna see a pic of where it's at?
[Reply]
DBall 05:06 PM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by Tikihut27:
Good news, Dan! Looks like the Halli will be ready on time! Wanna see a pic of where it's at?
Hell yeah!!!

(PS - if Alise stenciled a smurf on it, I'm gonna be PISSED) :-):-):-)
[Reply]
T.G 05:37 PM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
Hell yeah!!!

(PS - if Alise stenciled a smurf on it, I'm gonna be PISSED) :-):-)

Attached: dball's_hali-2.jpg (75.9 KB) 
[Reply]
DBall 05:39 PM 05-31-2011
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Much better!
[Reply]
Old Sailor 05:50 PM 05-31-2011
:-):-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:52 PM 05-31-2011
Dan will the Cookie Monster Hali be part of the auction sat? :-)

Well done Adam! :-)
[Reply]
Tikihut27 06:15 PM 05-31-2011
Thanks a lot, Adam. I'm away from the computer ACTUALLY WORKING ON THE HALLI and you beat me to the punch line I SET UP.

I forgive you.

[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up