Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Clarification on beads, KL and SAP
Veritas 03:06 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by Dux:
This Thread needs a warning sign "May cause convulsing and Traumatic stress"
or
"CAUTION: Techno-engineering speak ahead. Proceed at your own risk"
:-)
shilala 07:07 AM 10-14-2009
Aww, it ain't that confusing. All I said is a sponge ain't very spongy after you fill it with water. :-)
Someone should have worked in a picture of boobs. That usually helps. :-)
CigarNut 08:48 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Aww, it ain't that confusing. All I said is a sponge ain't very spongy after you fill it with water. :-)
Someone should have worked in a picture of boobs. That usually helps. :-)
That would have been a really nice way to make me pay attention to a topic that is way over my head.:-)
md4958 08:51 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
That would have been a really nice way to make me pay attention to a topic that is way over my head.:-)
TheTraveler 09:00 AM 10-14-2009

This kind of boob? :-)
icehog3 10:40 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:

This kind of boob? :-)

Nope.....these boobs. :-)
Imagee
TheTraveler 10:47 AM 10-14-2009
^^^ :-) :-)
shilala 12:53 PM 10-14-2009
That is beautiful. :-) :-) :-)

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Nope.....these boobs. :-)
Imagee

coastietech 01:07 PM 10-14-2009
When did this board become a nuclear physicist discussion boards?

I hypothesize that if the cigars aren't held at 62.5473038372% rH then they will be taken from you when the aliens come to take over the world. The only way to accurately maintain such an rH is to mix beads, PG, kitty litter, and floral foam in a blender and then pour over the cigars like a nice beurre blanc sauce. :-)
CigarNut 01:51 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
When did this board become a nuclear physicist discussion boards?

I hypothesize that if the cigars aren't held at 62.5473038372% rH then they will be taken from you when the aliens come to take over the world. The only way to accurately maintain such an rH is to mix beads, PG, kitty litter, and floral foam in a blender and then pour over the cigars like a nice beurre blanc sauce. :-)
If you are planning to do this, please send the cigars to me first! I will make better use of them than a sauce will allow!
Mr.maduro Man 01:17 PM 05-24-2011
Beads Vs KL crystals: So far I have yet to see one post that has 100% correct answers in regards to RH from your experiments with either Beads or KL crystals.
If RH of 65-70% was all that was vital, we would all be squared away. However, I have seen nothing on what your temperature are reading. I'm no expert by far but have been doing this for quit a while now and know from personal failure that even if you are right on the hammer with 65-70% RH you can still kill all of your cigars by not storing them in the correct temp as well. Both are extremly important. The temp should be at least 72F and no more than 75F for good storge and aging purposes. Now, it also depends on the sticks you are storing or aging. It's not all the same for ever cigar so be carfull when tuning your humidors.
Everthing from the ring size, length, wrapper, and current age of cigar from the grower will play a key role in getting this science working for you. I have found that on most of my cigars they are perfect at the 2 yr aging mark. I have had some that have gone south at the 5 yr mark.
Now I like the KL crystals myself for quantity and performance as well as price Vs the Beads. Plus they are easier to charge and stabilze a bit quicker. But to each their own, RIGHT?
Just looking out for anyone who loves their stogie's and doesn't enjoy throwing them and their money away when things go wrong. A dollar is a dollar! Better to smoke that dollar than to lose it out of lack of knowledge.:-)
icehog3 01:26 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by Mr.maduro Man:
The temp should be at least 72F and no more than 75F for good storge and aging purposes.
I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree. Welcome to the Asylum. :-)
T.G 01:28 PM 05-24-2011
Beads Vs KL crystals: So far I have yet to see one post that has 100% correct answers in regards to RH from your experiments with either Beads or KL crystals.
If RH of 65-70% was all that was vital, we would all be squared away. However, I have seen nothing on what your temperature are reading. I'm no expert by far but have been doing this for quit a while now and know from personal failure that even if you are right on the hammer with 65-70% RH you can still kill all of your cigars by not storing them in the correct temp as well. Both are extremly important. The temp should be at least 72F and no more than 75F for good storge and aging purposes. Now, it also depends on the sticks you are storing or aging. It's not all the same for ever cigar so be carfull when tuning your humidors.
Everthing from the ring size, length, wrapper, and current age of cigar from the grower will play a key role in getting this science working for you. I have found that on most of my cigars they are perfect at the 2 yr aging mark. I have had some that have gone south at the 5 yr mark.
Now I like the KL crystals myself for quantity and performance as well as price Vs the Beads. Plus they are easier to charge and stabilze a bit quicker. But to each their own, RIGHT?
Just looking out for anyone who loves their stogie's and doesn't enjoy throwing them and their money away when things go wrong. A dollar is a dollar! Better to smoke that dollar than to lose it out of lack of knowledge.:-)
Welcome to Cigar Asylum, it would be great if you could head over to the New Inmates area and post an intro.
cricky101 01:29 PM 05-24-2011
I saw something about a boob picture earlier in this thread, scrolled all the way to the new posts, and NOTHING!! :-)
pnoon 01:30 PM 05-24-2011
Temp at least 72F? That's more ludicrous than the rule of 3s.
Posted via Mobile Device
bonjing 01:34 PM 05-24-2011
What's SAP?
Bill86 01:37 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Temp at least 72F? That's more ludicrous than the rule of 3s.
Posted via Mobile Device
And it doesn't even sound as good :-)

The rule of 3's kinda rolls off your tongue and has that stupid yet confident aspect about it that we all know and love.

Just when I thought this was another new thread about KL.......

A bumped old one, just as bad.
T.G 01:42 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by bonjing:
What's SAP?
Stuff that runs out of trees to make delicious things like maple syrup. :-)

nah...

Super Absorbent Polymers, for example: cigar gel like Humi-Care or the goop inside a water pillow.
bonjing 01:51 PM 05-24-2011
Thanks Adam.
OLS 02:42 PM 05-24-2011
Better to smoke that dollar than to lose it out of lack of knowledge.:-)
Boy, you Sure got that right! NICE first POST!
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up