Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Anyone else use a lamp Berger?
14holestogie 04:03 PM 12-06-2009
Originally Posted by BlackIrish:
http://www.mufungo.com/Lampe_Berger_s/93.htm

Looks like they have a number on sale for the holidays.
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 11:31 AM 12-10-2009
HOLY CR@P!! Some of those are $2000. I put the best you can find electrostatic air filter on my HVAC system that was about half that and it does an astonishing job of removing smoke odors AND allergens down to 1 micron.
[Reply]
RRocket 12:39 AM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich:
HOLY CR@P!! Some of those are $2000.
Yea..and some are $40.:-)
[Reply]
Tobacmon 04:12 AM 12-10-2010
How long do you guys leave yours burning? I just read somewhere that it's recommended to burn for only 1/2 hr.. Does this damage the lamp if you burn it any longer? I had no idea you had to light it and let it burn for 2 minutes every time you use it.

Just picked one up from my local B & M (Emerson's at Greenbriar) for a great deal yesterday during their Christmas open house. I got the lamp and a bottle of fuel (500ml/16.90 fl. oz.) for $40.00.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 06:18 AM 12-10-2010
I've use one and got it at Emmersons too:-) They work pretty well and you can find extra wicks on ebay for cheap.
[Reply]
GolfNut 06:19 AM 12-10-2010
We have one as well. Haven't used it in a while, but used to all the time in the cigar room. I too made our own fuel. Just make sure you get the 91% stuff as regular 70% will NOT work. I got different essential oils from the health food section at our grocer's. So much cheaper than what they expect you to buy. I picked ours up at a Pier 1 and they actually wanted $15 a bottle for the fuel. I bought all they had once when it was on sale for $4.50/bottle then found the recipe online to make our own even cheaper and did so ever since.

Keep a watch for sales as they are nice little items to have around.
[Reply]
physiognomy 07:03 PM 05-04-2011
I just received my first 'burger' lamp & am already impressed with how quickly it has freshened our place. I haven't used it to remove unwanted odors, but I can see it working better than incense or candles. Does anyone else think of Hyacinth Bucket when mentioning Lampe Berger?

[Reply]
Chingas 07:11 PM 05-04-2011
Like wine Hal?:-)

I've had a few for a while now. I light them before smoking, let it glow orange and put the difusser cap on until I'm done smoking.

I smoke at least one cigar a day in the house. Sometimes 5. Sometimes with friends smoking too. My girl also smokes cigarettes. At any given day you would never be able to tell.

So, I guess I'm a fan!
[Reply]
Montano 07:25 PM 05-04-2011
Love my Lamp Burger :-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 08:55 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Montano:
Love my Lamp Burger :-)
Wheres the pic, Nick! :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 09:23 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by amyelizabeth:
Actually, I just ordered a Lampe Berger yesterday! They sell them at my local cigar shop, and they also use them there... they work really well from what I can tell (from their performance at the shop).

I got the swirl lamp with the sea mist fragrance. I'm pretty excited. :-)

Ive got this one in a clear black color. i love it!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up