Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humidor baby picture
alexa071 11:52 AM 06-04-2011
Just had to share... I'm having a humidor made by Ed at Waxingmoon humidors. He sent me a picture of the board of Quilted Maple that my humidor is going to be made of. I'm showing it off like a wallet full of baby pictures! It still needs some work this is a picture of it in it's completely rough cut form... Ed is filling knots with epoxy and said he should be splitting it soon to bookmatch it for the sides of the humidor.

I can't WAIT to see this thing turn into a humidor!!

Randy
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 12:13 PM 06-04-2011
Nice, sounds like it's going to be a beauty!
[Reply]
Remo 01:28 PM 06-04-2011
That will look great, congrats on the new BABY!!!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:31 PM 06-04-2011
Hey look empty humidore picture!!! :-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 01:32 PM 06-04-2011
Looks like a ladies face just left of that knot.
[Reply]
Remo 01:37 PM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
Yeah it does!!! That would be cool to keep.
[Reply]
alexa071 02:14 PM 06-05-2011
Originally Posted by :
Hey look empty humidore picture!!!
Come on now... I don't have too many posts here but I've been around long enough to know not to post empty humidor pictures. Rest assured that the final product will be pictured with at least a few sticks in it!

Originally Posted by :
I saw E.T. in the leftmost knot... I suppose I could get a ladies face out of it too. I had a discussion with Ed about the rightmost knot too... I thought it kind of looked like a dick. He said if he can he'll cut it out or if not it will go on the back. Either way he's filling it with epoxy and splitting the boards. I assume that the inside will become the outside of the humidor so it will probably look quite different when it's done.

Randy
[Reply]
baddevildog82 08:53 PM 06-05-2011
There is a lot of character in that board. Should turn out great!
[Reply]
nofeardiver 09:07 PM 06-05-2011
:-)

that is going to be beutiful...congrats... he does some sick work...
[Reply]
TBone 09:33 PM 06-05-2011
Can't wait to see the finish product...love the wood being used
[Reply]
justonemorestick 10:49 PM 06-05-2011
You Know what they say about someone who stares at their wood all day. You will see lots of things if you look long enough.
[Reply]
lbowles2 07:29 AM 06-06-2011
Originally Posted by justonemorestick:
You Know what they say about someone who stares at their wood all day. You will see lots of things if you look long enough.
Someone just had to go there :-)

That is a sweet lookin' piece of wood. Can't wait to see the finished product :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:52 AM 06-06-2011
That is some nice looking wood... :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 12:49 PM 06-06-2011
it is hard for me to imagine with just that picture, but ed does fantastic work! cannot wait to see finished pics!
[Reply]
alexa071 07:35 PM 06-10-2011
Ed got the board split and sectioned out into the four sides. I suppose you could call this a kindergarten graduation picture. The activity going on in the quilt of this board is CRAZY! Here's pictures of the boards with the most charachter. Ed is going to put these on the front and the left.

Here's the board going on the left side:

And here's the board going on the front. At first glance it seems kind of messy. Once you start looking at the details in it there is a LOT of really awesome quilting and charachter. Also... this isn't finished yet... no sanding, no oil and no finish. I can't WAIT to see what this looks like finished!

HUGE thanks to Ed at Waxingmoon Humidors for keeping me in the loop on the process! He makes it a ton of fun by sending me updates as things progress.

Randy
[Reply]
Steve 07:58 PM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Hey look empty humidore picture!!! :-)
That's premature...even for me! :-)

Nice looking piece of lumber though. Lots of character! Congrats
[Reply]
EricF 08:03 PM 06-10-2011
Can't wait to see the finished humi!!!

It's looks like a beauty that's just beginning!
[Reply]
nofeardiver 07:57 PM 06-11-2011
wow that is outstanding, cant wait to see this...
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 07:59 PM 06-11-2011
Very nice wood!
[Reply]
Up