Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Zero Halliburton Lighting Solution (step-by-step)
T.G 09:12 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
We Happy.

(I thought of this too.)

This is what I thought of...

Yeah, I'm a bit strange...
[Reply]
DBall 09:14 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by markem:
Have you been on an airplane with the light? TSA is a funny beast, at times.
I thought of that. Considering it is just wedged in there and is absurdly simple to take out, I'll just pack it in my carry-on outside of the hali (like, in one of my pockets in the bookbag where I carry my laptop).
[Reply]
DennisP 09:18 AM 05-03-2011
Hmmm, those could look cool in my Aristocrat.....
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:22 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
This is what I thought of...

Yeah, I'm a bit strange...
A Cigar Man lives for Tense Situations.
Smoking boots would have been a funnier pic. :-)
[Reply]
DBall 09:25 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by DennisP:
Hmmm, those could look cool in my Aristocrat.....
Oh hell yeah... never really thought of that. 1 of these would be bad ass in the cabinet!
[Reply]
DennisP 09:27 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
Oh hell yeah... never really thought of that. 1 of these would be bad ass in the cabinet!
The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the battery and having to turn it on/off that way. Wondering if there is one with a removable AC adapter that can be threaded through the hole to power humidification I have, then I could have it on all the time or control it easily when I wanted it.

I've got a glass door so it would look pretty sweet to light it up.
[Reply]
DBall 09:29 AM 05-03-2011
The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the battery and having to turn it on/off that way. Wondering if there is one with a removable AC adapter that can be threaded through the hole to power humidification I have, then I could have it on all the time or control it easily when I wanted it.

I've got a glass door so it would look pretty sweet to light it up.

the batteries are inside the cylinder and all ya have to do is press a little button to turn it on

I have another one for my other hali that needs to be repainted. I'll put it in my cabinet and take a quick picture of it tonight.
[Reply]
DennisP 09:33 AM 05-03-2011
the batteries are inside the cylinder and all ya have to do is press a little button to turn it on
I was mainly thinking I'd like to have it on a lot and would drain the batteries. Any idea on the battery life?
[Reply]
DBall 09:36 AM 05-03-2011
I was mainly thinking I'd like to have it on a lot and would drain the batteries. Any idea on the battery life?
None yet... figured it'd last for a crazy long time in the hali, but I spent $10 more on a 20 pack of batteries while I was standing in line at Lowes just in case I was wrong. Hahaha...
[Reply]
T.G 10:33 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
A Cigar Man lives for Tense Situations.
Smoking boots would have been a funnier pic. :-)
:-)

Agreed, but I couldn't find a grab of that frame.
[Reply]
DBall 10:41 AM 05-03-2011
A note about picture #4:

You really can't see the "flute" when it is in there. I specifically angled the Hali so you could see how it rests against that lip. What it looks like in the real world is like photo #5 (where all you see are the lights).
[Reply]
shilala 11:26 AM 05-03-2011
We have one in our pantry that's from Lowe's, but it's different. No click, just two metal touch things. The kids leave it on all the time, and the batteries last a good, long time.
It's 10 bucks, give it a shot. You're not making a major investment, ya know? :-)
[Reply]
DBall 07:16 AM 05-04-2011
I have another one for my other hali that needs to be repainted. I'll put it in my cabinet and take a quick picture of it tonight.
It doesn't work well in the cabinet... (mine's about 7' tall and really full). No use in taking a pic for that.
[Reply]
Tikihut27 06:47 PM 05-04-2011

"OMG! NO NC's!"
[Reply]
ahc4353 07:05 PM 05-04-2011
As cool as that is, the best, and I mean THE BEST part of the post is..

This would work on any travel case, all I have are Hali's now, though, so I can't test it on other ones... you may need to get little aluminum clips and cut the foam (if you even have any in there) or it may be able to wedge in there like this.
He said Hali's! Plural! How many do you need? :-)

Nice job Dan, it is cool as chit. :-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 10:53 AM 05-05-2011
Your idea rocks Dan.:-) I modified the location of the light to work better on mine as it has convoluted foam:
[Reply]
DBall 12:15 PM 05-05-2011
Very cool, man!
[Reply]
Volusianator 12:50 PM 05-05-2011
I don't get it, how many of you need to get into your boxes in the darkness? Or is this more of just a bling thing?
[Reply]
DBall 01:16 PM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
I don't get it, how many of you need to get into your boxes in the darkness? Or is this more of just a bling thing?
At the big herfs (like shack herf or any of the ones where you are outdoors) it gets dark at night... big pain in the ass to try to pick a cigar when you can't see what's in there and you're looking for something specific... at those you see guys all passing around the LED flashlights so they can see what they are doing. Also, the cigar bar I'm at every week has atrocious lighting... I've had to try to use the light from my cell phone to find what I'm looking for many, many times.

This costs about the same as the LED flashlight, keeps itself in place pretty well and works like a charm.
[Reply]
Volusianator 01:21 PM 05-05-2011
Hmmm, never would've thought a B&M would that THAT bad of lighting, but I can see a night time herf would come in handy, or by the firepit. Cool idea.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up