Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Any B&M near Nags Head, NC?
MrOneEyedBoh 10:14 PM 07-19-2011
My family is going to NC for vacation. I have to stay back and tend to everyone's dogs :-) haha Its not bad, I dont mind. Anyway, Is there any good B&Ms I can have them stop in and pick up some sticks for me? They are going to Nags Head.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 11:01 PM 07-19-2011
Found this through a search...

Island Tobacco
4711 South Croatan Highway
Nags Head, NC, 27959
Phone: (252) 441-1392

http://www.cigarero.com/North-Caroli...bacco-3877.htm

Never been there. Looks like a head shop. :-)
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:03 PM 07-19-2011
well yeah I guess I should have been more exact. Im looking for a B&M that is pretty good and you've been there.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:07 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Found this through a search...

Island Tobacco
4711 South Croatan Highway
Nags Head, NC, 27959
Phone: (252) 441-1392

http://www.cigarero.com/North-Caroli...bacco-3877.htm

Never been there. Looks like a head shop. :-)
It's gotta rock!! :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 11:09 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
well yeah I guess I should have been more exact. Im looking for a B&M that is pretty good and you've been there.
My apologies... :-)
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:12 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
It's gotta rock!! :-)
You would hope so haha, with a name like that.

Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
My apologies... :-)
No no not at all Joe, just I wasn't more descriptive. I looked on that site and it listed ones in my area. All the ones it listed by me are the ones that are like ran by foreigners and not ran correctly. Its NOTHING AGAINST FOREIGNERS, before someone says that. But the ones around here are NOT ran right, seems they are just there to make a buck and not maintain the humidor, or lack there of. Most of the smokes are cracked, flaking, moldy etc. Just VERY poorly ran.
[Reply]
cobra03 12:47 AM 07-20-2011
I was just down in Nags Head last week and i couldnt find a good cigar store to save my life. Alot of good beer but no cigars. I didnt have internet access so i cant say for sure but just driving around i couldnt find anything.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 04:30 AM 07-20-2011
I've been there several times and have searched for a cigar shop with no luck either. That place is seasonal and I guess there is no money in a B&M.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 06:12 AM 07-20-2011
Not to my knowledge.

Edit to say closest thing may be up in Tidewater Va, Emerson's and the like.
[Reply]
OLS 06:39 AM 07-20-2011
Where are we headed as a society when people actually TYPE OUT the word "like" in a sentence like that??
That's like typing out "That car was travelling about, uh, 20 miles over the speed limit."
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:44 AM 07-20-2011
No no not at all Joe, just I wasn't more descriptive. I looked on that site and it listed ones in my area. All the ones it listed by me are the ones that are like ran by foreigners and not ran correctly. Its NOTHING AGAINST FOREIGNERS, before someone says that. But the ones around here are NOT ran right, seems they are just there to make a buck and not maintain the humidor, or lack there of. Most of the smokes are cracked, flaking, moldy etc. Just VERY poorly ran.
then why mention foreigners and not just mention "ones that are not ran correctly"?
[Reply]
pnoon 06:47 AM 07-20-2011
You would hope so haha, with a name like that.

But that is EXACTLY what your generalization is. :-)
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 08:59 AM 07-20-2011
Well the ones around me are all ran like badly, versus the ones that are further away are ran more nicely. They arent really true B&Ms they are like cigarettes, lighters, hookahs, lotto machines, soda machines etc. Its like an all in one without the alcohol.

Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
then why mention foreigners and not just mention "ones that are not ran correctly"?
Not sure haha, oh well. Guess Im just a descriptive person.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 09:05 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by cobra03:
I was just down in Nags Head last week and i couldnt find a good cigar store to save my life. Alot of good beer but no cigars. I didnt have internet access so i cant say for sure but just driving around i couldnt find anything.

Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
I've been there several times and have searched for a cigar shop with no luck either. That place is seasonal and I guess there is no money in a B&M.
Thanks guys, yeah that does make sense.

Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Not to my knowledge.

Edit to say closest thing may be up in Tidewater Va, Emerson's and the like.
Yeah even that wouldnt work haha. They are going south, following the east coast. But thanks for the suggestion
[Reply]
pnoon 09:25 AM 07-20-2011
Well the ones around me are all ran like badly, versus the ones that are further away are ran more nicely. They arent really true B&Ms they are like cigarettes, lighters, hookahs, lotto machines, soda machines etc. Its like an all in one without the alcohol.

Not sure haha, oh well. Guess Im just a descriptive person.
Descriptive?
haha good one. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
OLS 09:26 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
But that is EXACTLY what your generalization is. :-)
Haha, well put Pietro. I don't want to sound like a racist, but these Wops, Chinks, Coons, Crackers, Micks and Hymies
are just more than I can tolerate. :-)

All that said, I also tend to chafe at foreign ownership of stores and motels, etc, even though America is nothing BUT
a bunch of foreigners. That's how it was built. But of course everyone KNOWS I am a racist. It's different with me.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 09:27 AM 07-20-2011
I thought so myself
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:33 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Haha, well put Pietro. I don't want to sound like a racist, but these Wops, Chinks, Coons, Crackers, Micks and Hymies
are just more than I can tolerate. :-)

All that said, I also tend to chafe at foreign ownership of stores and motels, etc, even though America is nothing BUT
a bunch of foreigners. That's how it was built. But of course everyone KNOWS I am a racist. It's different with me.
is that also why you're afraid of black ants? :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:44 AM 07-20-2011
Kaiser's Pet Peeve #4:

Please "find & replace": ran = RUN (e.g., "Well the ones around me are all run like badly, versus the ones that are further away are run more nicely.

This PSA brought to you by Grammar Nazi du Jour. Thank you for your attention.
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:04 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Kaiser's Pet Peeve #4:

Please "find & replace": ran = RUN (e.g., "Well the ones around me are all run like badly, versus the ones that are further away are run more nicely.

This PSA brought to you by Grammar Nazi du Jour. Thank you for your attention.
Don't forget to mention the use of "like"
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up