Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Humidors
shepherdaway 03:53 PM 05-11-2019
Hello all -
New to the forum and have been smoking cigars throughout my 23 years in the Marines and am looking for a used tower humidor. Figured why not join a forum dedicated to the topic and thus would trust anyone who participated in this forum to give me a good deal.

I looked through the forum for a WTB section but didn't find one (could be user error). Im watching the craigslists, etc but in east Texas, Im not finding hardly any.

Great forum and I appreciate anyone's ideas.

Gary
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:47 PM 05-11-2019
:-) WTB section is in the Cigars on the move section. Good luck, thank you for your service and dive right in.

If you haven't yet go to the new inmates processing section and introduce yourself. You're gonna like it here.:-)
[Reply]
shepherdaway 05:25 PM 05-11-2019
Thank you Tio
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:37 PM 05-11-2019
Yeah What Tio said, I'd also recommend that you should head over to the new inmates section, start a new thread and just copy & paste the first paragraph in your first post :-)
I have a few footlocker style humidors that I don't use anymore because keeping a truly proper seal in the winter time proved more work and stress than I was able to manage (eventually broke down and bought a couple enormous coolers to keep my stogies in, has made my life *far* less stressful and my stogies far more tasty!) I'd be more than willing to drop the old ones off with you but I live in Ohio, haha.
Btw welcome to the forum and thank you for your service!
[Reply]
markem 08:38 AM 05-12-2019
You need to be on the site a while before some forums open for you.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:36 AM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by markem:
You need to be on the site a while before some forums open for you.
But not a long time, and the community is worth being a part of.

Welcome and thank you for your Service! :-)
[Reply]
shepherdaway 11:54 AM 05-12-2019
Thanks warriors. Ill head over to the new inmates section & start a new thread. Appreciate all the assistance.
[Reply]
cigarlady7 10:43 PM 05-28-2019
cheaphumidors.com is bound to have what you need
[Reply]
DMK 04:43 AM 05-29-2019
+1 for coolers, I have two 48 litre coolers and have no wood ones anymore after struggling to keep humidity balanced.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 09:18 AM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by DMK:
+1 for coolers, I have two 48 litre coolers and have no wood ones anymore after struggling to keep humidity balanced.
My experience is similar. I’ve had 4 or 5 wood humidors and only one has been useful over time. Despite beautiful craftsmanship, the moisture inside warps them.

I use coolers for the majority of my storage and the remaining desktop humidor in my smoking area.

The only working humidor was a Savoy brand, similar to this one:
https://www.holts.com/accessories/ci...a-humidor.html
[Reply]
shepherdaway 06:44 PM 06-03-2019
Ive since tried the cooler option and surprisingly it is working well.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:29 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by shepherdaway:
Ive since tried the cooler option and surprisingly it is working well.
Good to hear. I misse this thread before, but would’ve suggested the same, going with coolers. I had a tower. While it looked cool, I had to relegate it to my basement because I don’t super cool my house in the summer and was concerned with beetles. Lost the tower when my basement flooded. Switched to coolers and haven’t looked back. Much cheaper, and they float! :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:08 AM 06-04-2019
Try ebay as well.
[Reply]
shepherdaway 09:55 PM 06-04-2019
Ya, along with Ebay, I'm checking a lot of sites.....alot
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 09:56 AM 06-05-2019
I will also jump on the cooler wagon. I've got a really nice custom humidor, but I'd rather have some coolers hidden away and a nice desktop humidor for smoking out of.
[Reply]
hotreds 04:19 PM 06-05-2019
Another vote for coolers. I have eight and God only knows what a mess I'd have with traditional humidors! Just get some Spanish cedar and beads and you'll be good to go. And the fragrance when you open a full coolerdor is beyond scrumptious!
[Reply]
Up