Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Supermarkets Carrying Premium cigars
kingcobradude 10:04 PM 11-17-2011
A little while back I was checking out at a HyVee supermarket, and I noticed they had a humi full of premium cigars. Anyone else seen supermarkets carrying premium cigars?
[Reply]
sevans105 10:08 PM 11-17-2011
Hyvee?!? Where are you? My local hyvee sure doesn't.
[Reply]
never_enough 10:18 PM 11-17-2011
Haven't seen a supermarket dip into the cigar market yet.
[Reply]
Jefft72 10:18 PM 11-17-2011
Some of the HEB stores around here will have a humi, but I have but purchased from any of them.

If I were in a pinch I might try one, but the local b&m is close enough for me not to want to take a chance.
[Reply]
Benwoo 04:06 AM 11-18-2011
BevMo Liquor shops have some. Kind of sketchy though, and I guess it's not really a grocery store.
[Reply]
irratebass 04:17 AM 11-18-2011
The local Kroger by my mom has a big humi with some nice stuff, I have purchased an Ashton, RyJ and Montecristo and Punch there.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 05:04 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Jefft72:
Some of the HEB stores around here will have a humi, but I have but purchased from any of them.

If I were in a pinch I might try one, but the local b&m is close enough for me not to want to take a chance.
Central Market has a humi in it. Don't know where the closest one to you is.
[Reply]
jledou 06:28 AM 11-18-2011
Several of the local Hen House markets in the KC area also have a free standing cabinet in the stores. Not a huge selection but a decent selection and typically they are kept up by an outside person who comes in and check the humidity stock, etc.
Prices are a little higher than some of the B&M but if didn't have a chance to get to a B&M they would work.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:57 AM 11-18-2011
Yep, I've seen Meijer with some decent cigars. And a Michigan only grocery that has a small humi with premium sticks in there.
[Reply]
ktblunden 07:24 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Benwoo:
BevMo Liquor shops have some. Kind of sketchy though, and I guess it's not really a grocery store.
They have a pretty decent selection and fairly good prices, but at the one near me the hygro measured something like 35% last time I looked. I'm always wary of those kinds of stores carrying cigars because they usually have no idea how to take care of them.
[Reply]
Crownedone 07:44 AM 11-18-2011
Some of the Publics in my area have small humidors with cigars. I have been checking them out latley and none so far have any humidifacation device in them. Hummmm... I really want to try a cigar from that box.
[Reply]
ade06 07:52 AM 11-18-2011
Several Harris Teeters in the Charlotte area carry cigars stocked by the local Tinder Box.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 08:27 AM 11-18-2011
Total Wine has a walk-in. They have a decent selection. No grocers with anything other than swishers and phillies to my knowledge though.
[Reply]
Stephen 08:49 AM 11-18-2011
No joke, there's a convenience store here in town that built a nice little walk in humidor. Owner loves cigars and surprisingly has a a lot of great stuff in there. Padron Anni's, Hemingways (couple of months ago he had a box of MOAM), LP's. Definitely not something one sees everyday. I'm not for sure if our local Hy-Vee has a humidor anymore or not. When they did, it wasn't properly maintained and primarily carried infused stuff.
[Reply]
DaBear 08:58 AM 11-18-2011
The Harris Teeter my roommate works in has a cabinet humi filled with decent stuff. Macanudos, Cohibas, Romeo y Julietas, Montecristos, Onyxs, and then in the bottom right corner a box of Edge Maduros(Batallion in size if I remember correctly)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:05 AM 11-18-2011
The "fancy" Kroger here had- not sure of they still do- a deecnt sized humi with some decent cigars. However, when I saw the humidity was 80% I figured only trouble could ensue. I did advise the manager of this and as I recall, the humidity was at 70 the next time I checked. Had several of the big name brands- Cohiba, Monte, Upmann, and some unkowns to me as well. Will hafta sneak by there and see if it is still up and running. Bottom line- kinda neat to see this in a big name grocery store.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 09:12 AM 11-18-2011
Seen them at BevMo, but never at a supermarket.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:23 AM 11-18-2011
Dozens of liquor stores around here carry cigars. Grocery stores, not so much.

I don't go to the B&M for my bologna and Oreos, so I won't go to the grocery for my Fuentes.
[Reply]
T.G 09:55 AM 11-18-2011
One of the local chain supermarkets here carries them, and they actually appear to maintain the cabinet humidor and moist-n-aire properly. They don't carry anything fancy though - Rocky Patel, General, Altadis, Gurkha, and all at MSRP, which kind of makes me chuckle every time I walk past it on the way of that market, seeing the Gurkha's and RP's with $30-$40 tags on them.
[Reply]
ktblunden 09:56 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I don't go to the B&M for my bologna and Oreos, so I won't go to the grocery for my Fuentes.
You should, I hear Rocky's new bologna is awesome, and only $15 for a single slice. Also, I hear Gurkha is working on a new American cheese blend infused with tobacco. Or was that a cigar infused with cheese?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up