Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>El Titan de Bronze - Anybody smoke these?
ysr_racer 07:14 AM 11-09-2011
I bought few of these in Miami, but haven't smoked one yet. Anybody have any feedback?
[Reply]
BryanB 07:20 AM 11-09-2011
I really enjoy them. I've smoked a few different ones, but no place around here has them anymore. They do make some solid smokes. :-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 07:20 AM 11-09-2011
The Maduros are excellent, the sungrown are very good.
[Reply]
dave 07:40 AM 11-09-2011
Been a few years, but I enjoyed the SG's, also.
IIRC, pretty good cigar - full flavor, but not particularly 'strong. Good value, too.
[Reply]
DaBear 08:30 AM 11-09-2011
I've only had one of the classics(with the red band) and really enjoyed it. I'd have more if I could just find the damn things
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:37 AM 11-09-2011
Love the maduros :-) :-)
[Reply]
Boz 09:45 AM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Love the maduros :-) :-)

You dont say. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 09:46 AM 11-09-2011
I have a few that have been bombed to me (Drez) just haven't smoked any yet. I better get on it :-)
[Reply]
DMK 03:38 PM 11-09-2011
It's been a while, but the ones I've had in the past were good.
I think I may have to hunt more....
[Reply]
ysr_racer 06:21 PM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by DaBear:
I've only had one of the classics(with the red band) and really enjoyed it. I'd have more if I could just find the damn things
Here you go :-)

[Reply]
jesseboston81 07:07 PM 11-09-2011
The maduros are absolutely amazing--a surprising amount of complexity!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:38 PM 11-09-2011
I've heard good things! I haven't smoked one yet, however.
[Reply]
Beagleone 08:56 AM 11-10-2011
Good pics Brad. I have a lot of fun hanging out there a few years back. Willie is a good guy and I am looking forward to what he will produce with DE.
[Reply]
Jonathan Drew 05:39 PM 11-10-2011
ASYLUM 11-10-11:
WILLY HERRERA and EL TITAN DE BRONZE:

While living in Nicaragua most of the year, I try to spend as much time in Miami as possible (this is where my wife and dogs reside). And one of the best things is that we live only 30 seconds from the street called "Calle Ocho," as well as what they call "Little Havana". So, since 1995 I have always enjoyed visiting all of the boutique fabricitas that make small production cigars, and what I call Local Blends. Some of them have been exceptional and some have been fair, but one thing that I had always noticed and admired was that they ALL have been extremely proud of their craft, and typically, extremely proud of their Cuban heritage.

Back in the Mid Ninetees I used to purchase cigars from Ernesto Perez Carillo at La Gloria, Carribean Cigar, which was Kevin Doyle at the time (brands like Calle Ocho, Havana Classico, and the original Santiago Cubana. Of course there were so many others as well, Havana Sunrise, Nick's Cigar Company, and Moore & Bode to name a few. Some of them prospered and others simply faded away due to the end of the cigar boom, mismanagement of money, lack of tobacco, etc.

I had moved to Nicaragua in 1998, actually living in the factory, (or on Nick Sr.'s couch for six months) and really didn't return home much for the first 5 years. Coming back for only a few weeks per year I lost touch with Calle Ocho until 2004 ... until I met Pepin Garcia in Nicaragua.

TO BE CONTINUED FOR PART 2 TONIGHT AFTER THE DINNER. SORRY FOR WRITING SO MUCH ON THIS SUBJECT .... I CAN NAKE YOUR EARS BLEED SOMETIMES....LOL

BEST,
JD
[Reply]
ApexAZ 05:47 PM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by Jonathan Drew:
ASYLUM 11-10-11:
WILLY HERRERA and EL TITAN DE BRONZE:

While living in Nicaragua most of the year, I try to spend as much time in Miami as possible (this is where my wife and dogs reside). And one of the best things is that we live only 30 seconds from the street called "Calle Ocho," as well as what they call "Little Havana". So, since 1995 I have always enjoyed visiting all of the boutique fabricitas that make small production cigars, and what I call Local Blends. Some of them have been exceptional and some have been fair, but one thing that I had always noticed and admired was that they ALL have been extremely proud of their craft, and typically, extremely proud of their Cuban heritage.

Back in the Mid Ninetees I used to purchase cigars from Ernesto Perez Carillo at La Gloria, Carribean Cigar, which was Kevin Doyle at the time (brands like Calle Ocho, Havana Classico, and the original Santiago Cubana. Of course there were so many others as well, Havana Sunrise, Nick's Cigar Company, and Moore & Bode to name a few. Some of them prospered and others simply faded away due to the end of the cigar boom, mismanagement of money, lack of tobacco, etc.

I had moved to Nicaragua in 1998, actually living in the factory, (or on Nick Sr.'s couch for six months) and really didn't return home much for the first 5 years. Coming back for only a few weeks per year I lost touch with Calle Ocho until 2004 ... until I met Pepin Garcia in Nicaragua.

TO BE CONTINUED FOR PART 2 TONIGHT AFTER THE DINNER. SORRY FOR WRITING SO MUCH ON THIS SUBJECT .... I CAN NAKE YOUR EARS BLEED SOMETIMES....LOL

BEST,
JD
Can't wait to hear more! :-)
[Reply]
Drez 05:54 PM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
I have a few that have been bombed to me (Drez) just haven't smoked any yet. I better get on it :-)
dude what are you waiting for!!!!!

Originally Posted by DMK:
It's been a while, but the ones I've had in the past were good.
I think I may have to hunt more....
noted :-)

Originally Posted by DaBear:
also noted :-)

Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I've heard good things! I haven't smoked one yet, however.
and again noted :-)
[Reply]
Remo 06:01 PM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by Drez:
dude what are you waiting for!
I got a shitton of sticks :-)
[Reply]
Drez 06:07 PM 11-10-2011
I got a shitton of sticks :-)
i think tonight is a good night to fire one up............
[Reply]
Remo 06:09 PM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by Drez:
i think tonight is a good night to fire one up............
Probably manana, would have to go outside and can't with the little ladies :-)
[Reply]
Drez 06:18 PM 11-10-2011
Probably manana, would have to go outside and can't with the little ladies :-)
:-)

the maduros are great.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up