Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Super noob question on the AF Short Story
Sonic04GT 04:29 PM 11-04-2011
How the heck do I cut/light the foot of this thing?

:-)

Is this considered a perfecto? Do I just light the darn thing?
[Reply]
deadrise 04:31 PM 11-04-2011
just fire away
[Reply]
maconusmile 04:31 PM 11-04-2011
just fire it up... thats what i do! I love the SS
[Reply]
Bill86 04:32 PM 11-04-2011
Cut normally, light normally and enjoy. No need to cut the foot it burns perfectly as is.
[Reply]
markem 04:34 PM 11-04-2011
Cut the cap, light the foot. Just because the foot isn't cut square doesn't mean that it won't burn wonderfully.

Short stories are in my top 5 NCs.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 04:37 PM 11-04-2011
Awesome. I'm excited.

Part of me says to pull out a robusto but it's 6:30 which means it'll be dark soon, and I've been dying to try this thing after all the hype.

I need to get some short smokes for occasions where I'm pressed for time.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 04:38 PM 11-04-2011
Let us know what you think! I am a AF fan and love the SS!
[Reply]
T.G 04:47 PM 11-04-2011
The question on how to light has been covered, but I didn't see an answer to your other question yet.

Originally Posted by Sonic04GT:
Is this considered a perfecto?
Yes, it is.

Perfecto is kind of a broad classification, and pretty much any cigar with a taper at both the head and the foot can be considered a perfecto.
[Reply]
Bax 04:49 PM 11-04-2011
It's a classic stick, bet you'll love it:-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 04:55 PM 11-04-2011
Thanks for the quick responses! This thing is tasty :-) smells great as well.

I'm too new to distinguish specific flavors, but I will be buying more.

Had some issues getting an even burn at the beginning but I think it was my crappy cut.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 05:20 PM 11-04-2011
Send it to me & I'll send you "How To..." pic's.... :-) :-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 05:28 PM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
Send it to me & I'll send you "How To..." pic's.... :-) :-)
Someones got jokes :-)

Still couldn't be the sun!
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 05:39 PM 11-04-2011
So what do you guys normally pay for these things?

They're $5.49 at Total Wine and about $4.88ea from CI but that's for a 25 box. Too much for me right now.

Edit - Well would ya look at that... Cigar Monster just so happens to have a Mega Mashup going on and the little guys are on there for $21.98 shipped/5pk @ $4.40 each.

http://www.cigarmonster.com/megamashup.cfm

Oliva Serie O Petit Perfecto 5 Pack is on there too. Don't think I'll buy them without trying one first but what do you guys think?
[Reply]
GolfNut 05:53 PM 11-04-2011

Edit - Well would ya look at that... Cigar Monster just so happens to have a Mega Mashup going on and the little guys are on there for $21.98 shipped/5pk @ $4.40 each.

OK, knock that sh!t off right now!!

Geez, I had a 5'er of SS, a 5'er of Hemingway classics and a 5'er of the 8-5-8 maduros in my cart before I knew what was happening!!

Fortunately (for my bank account) I stopped myself at the checkout!

I've been so good lately to stay away from that place but that Hemingway blend is my favorite! They dang near sucked me back in to the black hole!

Sheesh! I'm gonna go drink a glass of rum now!
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 05:54 PM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
OK, knock that sh!t off right now!!

Geez, I had a 5'er of SS, a 5'er of Hemingway classics and a 5'er of the 8-5-8 maduros in my cart before I knew what was happening!!

Fortunately (for my bank account) I stopped myself at the checkout!

I've been so good lately to stay away from that place but that Hemingway blend is my favorite! They dang near sucked me back in to the black hole!

Sheesh! I'm gonna go drink a glass of rum now!
Hahahaha, well, I'm glad you at least found some good deals!

I'm telling your significant other.

I restrained myself and bought just the SS :-)
[Reply]
w squared 06:39 PM 11-04-2011
Looks like your lighting question got sorted. I'm a big fan of both the SS and the WOA (Work Of Art). I've found them to be super consistent, and have thoroughly enjoyed every one that I've smoked.

No, they're not cheap for a small, short smoke...but yes, they're worth it - or at least I think so.
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:57 PM 11-04-2011
Next get a SS maduro. Much better to me. :-)
[Reply]
Lanks85 08:07 PM 11-04-2011
Kind of a funny storry. I gave one to my dad who rarely smokes cigars. I set him loose with my cigar cutter and lighter after I lit mine and he ended up cutting the foot off and lighting the cap. I knew he was a noob, but not to that level. All the rum drinking beforehand could have played a role in it though. :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 08:51 PM 11-04-2011
I love the SS, local b&m has them and I was eyeballing them, they want $6.00 I think, I still think that's well worth it. Now that Monster deal.....Dayum.....so hard to resist.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:39 PM 11-06-2011
So what do you guys normally pay for these things?

They're $5.49 at Total Wine and about $4.88ea from CI but that's for a 25 box. Too much for me right now.

Oliva Serie O Petit Perfecto 5 Pack is on there too. Don't think I'll buy them without trying one first but what do you guys think?
I didn't care for the serie o perfecto. Too strong and harsh for me. I like their Cain nubs a lot though. Daytona wasn't bad either.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up