Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>B&M or cigar lounge in Nashville?
timj219 10:53 AM 11-02-2011
I'll be spending 4 or 5 days in Nashville TN week after next. I figure to take advantage of what I believe will probably be very low cigar taxes and a more tobacco friendly climate compared to NY and maybe pick up a few cigars while I'm in town. Can anyone recommend a good place?
[Reply]
cmitch 11:51 AM 11-02-2011
Old Havana Smoke Shop in Franklin/Cool Springs is a very nice one.
103 International Drive, Franklin, TN
615-771-6767
Map:
http://www.oldhavanasmokeshop.com/map-directions
[Reply]
Boz 12:22 PM 11-02-2011
Ive been here a few times and like it well enough.
Stogies Ales and Fine Cigars
http://stogiesinc.net/
1800 Carothers Parkway
Brentwood, TN 37027.

Ive only purchased a couple sticks from Old Havana but anytime I've been in there, theres never been anyone in the lounge. Not once. There's a really good pizza place next to Stogies and if you go in and order a pizza and tell them you're at Stogies, I think they'll actually bring it to you.

If you want closer to downtown Nashville, Uptowns in Green Hills and Belle Meade Cigars in West Nashville are nice shops but I've never stayed and smoked. Uptowns carries the new Undercrown and Belle Meade had the Tat Wolfman but that was a few weeks ago so no promises if they still do.
[Reply]
timj219 12:31 PM 11-02-2011
Looks like Uptowns and Belle Meade are only 2-3 miles from my hotel on West End. That could work out very nicely. Especiallly if they have a couple of those wolfmans left.
[Reply]
Boz 12:45 PM 11-02-2011
Good deal. :-) If you're going to smoke in their lounge, let me know and I'll see if I can swing by.
[Reply]
colinb913 01:34 PM 11-02-2011
Uptowns is amazingly nice. Me and my girlfriends brother visited when her family and I were down there. Great peeps
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bill86 01:47 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by cmitch:
Old Havana Smoke Shop in Franklin/Cool Springs is a very nice one.
103 International Drive, Franklin, TN
615-771-6767
Map:
http://www.oldhavanasmokeshop.com/map-directions
I would not recommend this place, the owner is a complete scumbag.

Go to Uptowns.

IIRC the tobacco + state tax is 18% or so. State tax is ~9.25%
[Reply]
Boz 01:48 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I would not recommend this place, the owner is a complete scumbag.

Go to Uptowns.
I was hoping you'd give your :-) about that place.
[Reply]
Bill86 01:52 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Boz:
I was hoping you'd give your :-) about that place.
I'm being VERY nice and just saying that much.

Stogies did some scumbaggy things as well. (reviewing their own place 5/5 on certain review sites, going on and on about how great a place it is)

Woodys doesn't have a lounge anymore and I actually talked to the manager one time, he's a total douchebag.

Pass on going to Cool Springs to smoke at a B&M.
[Reply]
Boz 01:58 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I'm being VERY nice and just saying that much.

Stogies did some scumbaggy things as well. (reviewing their own place 5/5 on certain review sites, going on and on about how great a place it is)

Woodys doesn't have a lounge anymore and I actually talked to the manager one time, he's a total douchebag.

Pass on going to Cool Springs to smoke at a B&M.
:-) Wow. They have a decent beer selection which is why I liked them. I've only been to Uptown's once, do they sell beer?
[Reply]
Bill86 02:47 PM 11-02-2011
:-) Wow. They have a decent beer selection which is why I liked them. I've only been to Uptown's once, do they sell beer?
Yep, shocking eh? What a shame, I really like Cool Springs too.

No idea, I've only dealt with Uptowns over the phone but they are pretty cool. Last year I scored some Tatuaje Face boxes to sell at cost to 4-5 people, in the event that they might be hard to get. Anyways, Uptowns was like we're only allowed to sell one Face box per customer. So I said well they are 2 different boxes so can I get one of each (dress and plain box), they were like sure why not. :-)

Very nice of them to do that even though they didn't have to.
[Reply]
timj219 03:08 PM 11-02-2011
Good deal. :-) If you're going to smoke in their lounge, let me know and I'll see if I can swing by.
That sounds great. I'll try to PM you when I get a better idea of exactly when I'll be able to escape the class I'm taking. I'm hoping there won't be too much in the way of homework and that the mgmt types don't get all hyped about "team building" during our off hours there. Unless of course they like a good cigar.
[Reply]
Boz 03:56 PM 11-02-2011
Sounds good buddy. :-)
[Reply]
jcruse64 06:10 PM 11-03-2011
Another thumbs up for Uptown. And the smoking lounge is good also. Nice selection and nice folks running it. Got go w/ my brother down to Nashville next week for a doc appointment for him, and plan on stopping by before leaving for home.
[Reply]
Liquid Smoke 10:32 AM 11-04-2011
Uptowns, great lounge and friendly/knowledgeable staff. I've been there four times and felt like a valued customer after each visit.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 05:01 PM 11-04-2011
uptown's is the best nashville has to offer. no beverages available there, tho.

there are a few cigar-friendly establishments in the downtown area - you might want to try the flying saucer.
[Reply]
Boz 08:43 PM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:

there are a few cigar-friendly establishments in the downtown area - you might want to try the flying saucer.

Not anymore. They even used to have a small selection for sale but don't even allow smoking inside as of a couple months ago.
[Reply]
timj219 09:04 PM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:

I've never been to a cigar lounge. There are none closer than about 60 miles for me. And man with the winters here I could really use one!
So how does it work if they have no beverages? Are they OK if you bring your own? Flying saucer looks like a good spot and pretty close to the hotel thanks.
[Reply]
timj219 12:56 PM 11-12-2011
Looks like Boz and I are going to try to meet up at Uptown's on monday around noon. If anybody here will be in the neighborhood and you can get away by all means come by. I'm going to see if they have any of those "Four Kicks" cigars they wrote about on their blog. Anything that has ernesto perez carrillo's name attached to it is going to be tasty!
[Reply]
jcruse64 06:34 PM 11-13-2011
My bro and I went by Friday after his appointment, and there were plenty of he 4 Kicks in stock. Nice overall selection. They were all but out of Illusione stock though, and I was going to buy some. There Pepin stock, and Tat stock wasn't bad though, and I got a box of the black label lanceros.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up