Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 107 of 350
« First < 75797105106107 108109117157207 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 08:09 AM 06-16-2009
chest and tris today. db flat bench, db incline, incline flyes, overhead rope extensions, press-downs. my traps were *killing* me from yesterday's triplex; so that made things interesting at points. :-)

happy lifting to all! :-)
Starscream 01:26 PM 06-16-2009
Had to make up for lost time today. Legs, chest, and triceps today. I'm worn out...
icehog3 01:27 PM 06-16-2009
Lifted on my day off, did some arms and traps. Killer bicep workout.

Workouts, work and hockey tomorrow and Thursday...I should be worthless in the gym Friday. :-)
nem 05:17 AM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Mu current supplement contains creatine monohydrate, creatine malate and creatine taurinate.

I haven't tried the creatine ethyl ester, as the manufacturers who are marketing it aren't any of the names I necessarily trust. I am not sure if I would even be interested though, as for my purposes, the water retention in my joints is actually a desired effect.

What brands to your guys use, do you know?
My guys order creatine ethyl ester from trueprotein.com. Unlike some creatine supplements which are blended with simple carbs, potassium, artificial flavors, etc., trueprotein.com's creatine ethyl ester is pure creatine ethyl ester and nothing else. So while the stuff tastes like complete crap and you'll have to mix dextrose/maltodextrin/etc. in yourself if you prefer your creatine served with simple carbs, it's also pretty affordable.

If I may ask, why are you looking to retain extra water in your joints?
PeteSB75 05:27 AM 06-17-2009
Did a boxing aerobic class last night. Kicked my ass... :-)
The Professor 07:09 AM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by nem:
Because he's like 82 years old and needs all the joint lubrication he can get. :-) :-)

Hmmmm.... :-) Perhaps I shouldn't say things like this days before I'm seeing the Admiral.

:-)
icehog3 08:29 AM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by nem:
My guys order creatine ethyl ester from trueprotein.com. Unlike some creatine supplements which are blended with simple carbs, potassium, artificial flavors, etc., trueprotein.com's creatine ethyl ester is pure creatine ethyl ester and nothing else. So while the stuff tastes like complete crap and you'll have to mix dextrose/maltodextrin/etc. in yourself if you prefer your creatine served with simple carbs, it's also pretty affordable.

Originally Posted by The Professor:
Because he's like 82 years old and needs all the joint lubrication he can get. :-) :-)

Hmmmm.... :-) Perhaps I shouldn't say things like this days before I'm seeing the Admiral.

:-)
Dokk isn't that far off base. I have been lifting heavy for 32 years, and when I am on the creatine my joints feel more "fluid" and I am able to lift heavier and more intensely because pain isn't so much a factor.
The Professor 08:38 AM 06-19-2009
Yesterday sucked. Don't know what was wrong. :-)

Today ... in honor of Big Dave ... I did cUrLz 4 da Gur1Z. :-) :-) Yeah ... tris, bis, and shoulders ... with lots of bis. :-) Gotta get a pump for the MoB herf, after all. :-)
icehog3 08:44 AM 06-19-2009
Shoulders and arms for me too, Dokk....maybe we can have a posedown at the herf. :-)
The Professor 08:46 AM 06-19-2009
Shoulders and arms for me too, Dokk....maybe we can have a posedown at the herf. :-)
I've only got one pose, Admiral: blob. :-) :-) :-)
Chris. 08:55 AM 06-19-2009
back chest and legs last night after work. Super setting all of it.
trader1974 08:57 AM 06-19-2009
Started the week off strong, but with a sick kid the last two nights haven't been able to get in the gym for the last two mornings.:-) Oh well, there's always next week!:-)
Starscream 11:24 AM 06-19-2009
Back and bis for me today. Plus 30 minutes on the elliptical.
PeteSB75 11:34 AM 06-19-2009
Been off this week. Not sleeping well and sour stomach - too much stress. So I've not worked out at all since Tuesday. Got a Dewars tasting tonight at my local cigar club, so maybe I'll go tomorrow :-)
pnutbutrsangwich 11:41 AM 06-19-2009
I need to get back in the gym. I took a month off and now I'm totally lost. Would it be best to hire a trainer for a few sessions to get going or are there other online resources that can put together a good program for me?
Starscream 01:09 PM 06-19-2009
Originally Posted by pnutbutrsangwich:
I need to get back in the gym. I took a month off and now I'm totally lost. Would it be best to hire a trainer for a few sessions to get going or are there other online resources that can put together a good program for me?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/
icehog3 01:31 PM 06-19-2009
Continued gains in strength on shoulders today, plus a good arm workout. I earned tomorrow off. :-)
PeteSB75 02:06 PM 06-19-2009
Continued gains in strength on shoulders today, plus a good arm workout. I earned tomorrow off. :-)
What are the chances he actually takes it? :-)
icehog3 02:20 PM 06-19-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
What are the chances he actually takes it? :-)
I know, Pete, but I actually will...got the Professor and DavenportESQ coming in early for the MOB Herf! :-)
nem 04:56 AM 06-22-2009
Dokk isn't that far off base. I have been lifting heavy for 32 years, and when I am on the creatine my joints feel more "fluid" and I am able to lift heavier and more intensely because pain isn't so much a factor.
You've been lifting heavy longer than I've been alive, sir! LOL.

Lately, my shoulders have been acting less than happy. I've contemplated seeing my doc, but there's no serious pain, and I'd rather not receive instructions to not bench for the next 6 months . . . However, I was wondering if you had any recommendations on what kind of supplements to take to improve shoulder health?
Page 107 of 350
« First < 75797105106107 108109117157207 > Last »
Up