Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Good Eats>Your Favorite Foods
LasciviousXXX 09:56 PM 10-31-2008
Ok guys, I'm always interested to hear what other people's favorite types of foods are. Just such a great mix of people and everyone has different tastes so its interesting to see how that correlates to their personality (or is that just me that finds it interesting? :-)).

My top three types of food I dig are:
Italian
Japanese
Greek

I am always a fan of any type of pasta but my absolute favorite is Linguini noodels with a light Bechamel sauce. Followed very closely by Shrimp Pesto over Tagliatelle noodles :-)

Sushi, what can I say about Sushi that would give you an idea of how much I love it? Damn is it one of my top foods. I dig almost every type of Sushi from Sashimi to Nigiri I love it. Maguro and Hamachi Nigiri Sushi is my favorite (I'm a traditionalist) followed by Unagi and Hotegai.

MMmmmm Mediterranean/Greek food. I could eat Gyro, falafel, Tabbouleh all day. In fact I picked up a Greek salad on the way to work tonite. Heavy use of olives, good cheese makes me happy. Have I mentioned Souvlaki? Well its great too :-)

What does everyone else here enjoy? List your favorite types of food as well as your favorite dish
[Reply]
Scottw 09:58 PM 10-31-2008
Thai
Italian
Indian
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:07 PM 10-31-2008
Ribeye.

and a hundred others. Maybe a thousand.
Hell, I can admit it, I will eat damn near anything and find something to like about it.
[Reply]
Spect 12:52 AM 11-01-2008
Japanese - Sushi is so :-):-) :-)
Italian - Pasta, breads, wines :-) :-)
Americana - Mmm Greasy Chase burger :-)
[Reply]
bigloo 01:44 AM 11-01-2008
I had sushi tonight... but

1) Steak, Lamb Chops, any red meat fried, grilled, etc...
2) Jewish Deli (pastrami, corned beef, chopped liver, etc).
3) Middle Eastern
4) Thai
5) Indian
6) French
[Reply]
TripleF 05:08 AM 11-01-2008
Weird.....I really don't like any "type' of foods, as in Italian. I like spaghetti but am not an all around "Italian fan." As a matter of fact I hate that cheesy italian dish....what's it called?

I don't know much about French, German, Russian, South American, Greek, Indian or what have you food, soooooooooooooo...........my favorite type of food would have to be AMERICAN.
[Reply]
:eevis 07:21 AM 11-01-2008
Japanese for the sushi!!
Jamacian/Carribean-Love that Jerk!!!
and backyard Gourmet (BBQ or grilled)
These are my favorites, however, I have yet to find a foood type that I wouldn't eat
[Reply]
icehog3 09:45 AM 11-01-2008
AS a genre, my favorite foods would be considered "American" (steak and potatoes), Mexican and Cajun...though I have a soft spot for Thai food as well.
[Reply]
rrplasencia 09:48 AM 11-01-2008
i'll go with "floribiean" which is a lot of latin with the carib a fusion of sorts, anything pacific rim, asian fusion is the most fun to cook and there are so many influences to pull from
[Reply]
CBI_2 10:24 AM 11-01-2008
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Hell, I can admit it, I will eat damn near anything and find something to like about it.
:-) Especially if it is spicy. A place in Ft. Myers, Fl. called Jalapenos makes some awesome Habanero Wings.
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 10:27 AM 11-01-2008
I don't descriminate! I love all food. I love sushi, and enchiladas. But Im a big city guy and nothing beats a good sangwich!
[Reply]
Demented 01:35 PM 11-01-2008
English, French, Italian and Thai cuisine top the list of what I love to eat, my cooking is influenced by these and fusion of various cuisine's has become a large part of what and how I cook.

One of my latest ventures was stir-fried red Thai curry, linguine and meatballs, my wife loved it.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:42 PM 11-01-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I have a soft spot .
Nothing surprises us, Tom.

And here we thought you were "all Hard, all the time."

:-):-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 02:05 PM 11-01-2008
I'm a sucker for Italian. Other than that I'm free game for just about anything.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 03:28 PM 11-01-2008
I'd eat things that would make a billy goat punk...
[Reply]
icehog3 03:31 PM 11-01-2008
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
I'd eat things that would make a billy goat punk...
I think all billy goats are punks, but I live under a bridge. :-)
[Reply]
Demented 04:42 PM 11-01-2008
I think all billy goats are punks, but I live under a bridge. :-)
LOL. Troll!
[Reply]
av8tor152d 05:18 PM 11-01-2008
Anything that does not bite back, It can crawl off the plate just don't like it when it bites back.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 05:45 PM 11-01-2008
For now, it seems like M&M's left over from yesterdays treats. ON my 4th full size package and they still cry out for ... eat more of us, do it now! :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 05:47 PM 11-01-2008
Whoa! I was about to ask, "What the helll is wrong with you people...no Mexican???" But thankfully, Icehog3 & DavenporteESQ brought up one of the best cuisines we've got here in America!

AS a genre, my favorite foods would be considered "American" (steak and potatoes), Mexican and Cajun...though I have a soft spot for Thai food as well.
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
I don't descriminate! I love all food. I love sushi, and enchiladas. But Im a big city guy and nothing beats a good sangwich!
Now, maybe it's because I'm in California (and LasciviousXXX, I'm truly shocked! You're in AZ & Mex ain't in your top 3??? :-)) and there are so many great Mexican joints but man, oh man, I could have this anytime.

But I do agree with you on sushi.

I guess the top two would have to be sushi or Mexican.

Next, I'm also with you on the Middle Eastern, anytime, anywhere.

Next, Thai, Indian, American, Italian.

Man, all this talk is makin' me HUNGRY. And I was supposed to have salad for dinner because I've been eating like a freakin' pig lately.

Originally Posted by av8tor152d:
Anything that does not bite back, It can crawl off the plate just don't like it when it bites back.
Agree, I've eaten live sea urchin as the spines were still moving and it 'walked' across my plate but I won't eat anything that bites back or tastes me back. NO TONGUE.

You know, in this country, we are so amazingly lucky to have the variety of foods that are offered? You go to Italy, for example, or I'd argue most foreign countries, and look around and while I really enjoy Italian food and other types of cuisine, you're pretty much left with one type. You can seek out some variety but it's few and far between.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up