Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 53 of 270
« First < 343515253 545563103153 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Mr B 09:56 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by Scothew:
Cooked a couple of butts for a friends lake party. Turned out great. 11hrs on the smoker after a 24hr soak in the brine.

Lookin' very good Scott.
[Reply]
Steve 10:02 AM 08-02-2010
I'll be cooking for a catering gig Friday night. Looks like I'll be doing 4 butts, a couple of points, several slabs of ribs, plus anything else that pops up around the house for myself.
[Reply]
Mr B 10:03 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by steve:
I'll be cooking for a catering gig Friday night. Looks like I'll be doing 4 butts, a couple of points, several slabs of ribs, plus anything else that pops up around the house for myself.

Go Big or Go Home Brotha!

Right on Steve! Sounds fun.
[Reply]
Scothew 12:08 PM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by Stevez:
Scott, I've never brined pork butts because they seem to be juicy enough with all of the fat content and the low/slow method. How much of a difference have you noticed when you brine them? I did 2 butts this weekend and a brisket via the overnight method and they were a massive hit for my family reunion. BTW, I use a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. Thanks. Steve
I never had till the last 3-4 times I did it (after hearing the guys here talking about it). To me with the brine, i use it to infuse the flavor into the meat better. I love using like rosemary/thyme a bit of chipotle powder and LOTS of black pepper to make the brine and it just gives it a great flavor, and stays as tender and juicy beyond all belief.
[Reply]
Stevez 03:07 PM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by Scothew:
I never had till the last 3-4 times I did it (after hearing the guys here talking about it). To me with the brine, i use it to infuse the flavor into the meat better. I love using like rosemary/thyme a bit of chipotle powder and LOTS of black pepper to make the brine and it just gives it a great flavor, and stays as tender and juicy beyond all belief.
Thanks; I gotta try it now with that kind of recommendation.
[Reply]
landhoney 06:02 PM 08-02-2010
Smoking a Bacon Explosion and Brisket right now. If they turn out well I'll post a pic, if not...................:-)
[Reply]
LooseCard 07:22 PM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Smoking a Bacon Explosion and Brisket right now. If they turn out well I'll post a pic, if not...................:-)
Post them either way :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:49 PM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by LooseCard:
Yup!!
[Reply]
ucla695 05:10 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Congrats on the cook. One great thing about learning a new cooker is you get to eat the mistakes!!

When I used to use a Weber kettle as a smoker, and I did it a bunch, I would start with what I called a heavy half of a chimney of briqs. I would add 7 briqs and hour and I could run at 225-250 all day long. YMMV... but that was what worked for me.
Now that I have a hand full of cooks under my belt, this is what I use!! Very effective for the kettle!! Thanks for the advice!!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:16 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Now that I have a hand full of cooks under my belt, this is what I use!! Very effective for the kettle!! Thanks for the advice!!
Glad it is working for ya brother!!! Keep on smokin'!!!
[Reply]
landhoney 06:15 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by LooseCard:
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Yup!!
Here you go, that's a sliced new potato fried in the bacon dripping in the middle of the 'explosion'

The 'explosion' turned out great and really encouraged me to make another. My brisket needs work, lol. :-)
[Reply]
fxpose 09:26 PM 08-05-2010
Oooo....Yeah... I think I just exploded looking at that...

I've gotta try this one day...
[Reply]
sevans105 02:28 AM 08-06-2010

Saw this and had to share....now if there were only cigars it would be perfect.
[Reply]
kugie 09:16 AM 08-07-2010
It's not in my smoker anymore. getting ready to eat.
Started around 0730 finished half an hour ago.
My second Attempt at a Pork Butt. :-)

Attached:
[Reply]
Darrell 09:47 AM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by kugie:
It's not in my smoker anymore. getting ready to eat.
Started around 0730 finished half an hour ago.
My second Attempt at a Pork Butt. :-)

Attachment 6881
You only smoked it a couple of hours? or did you mean 7:30 PM?
[Reply]
kugie 12:53 PM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
about 4 hours

That is three small pieces, not one big one.
[Reply]
wayner123 05:04 PM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
With the Hot and Fast method one could finish 3, 4lb butts in about 3 hours.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:20 AM 08-08-2010
Smoked a lamb shoulder. Got it from a local Halal butcher in Brighton. The lamb was so fresh, it was not even chilled. The sawed the shoulder right in front of me. The had about 4-5 lamb's whole; skinned with the head on and tongue sticking out. My girlfriend refuses to go in. The smell and flies she objects too, lol.

For those who love lamb, the whole shoulder is the pinnacle of lamb. 6 hours on the smoker and it comes out like pulled pork, but lamb.

Halal lamb tends to be local and usually much younger than New Zealand lamb. The ribs were so small and the shank was too.
[Reply]
OLS 01:39 PM 08-08-2010
Like i said last week, I smoked four racks for my trip to the Smokies, and I taste tested one bone,
and was just itchin for another taste. I would not have frozen them if I had realized that i had
started a tradition the previous year. We ate ribs the first night after everyone had been
travelling and had arrived at the cabin. I figured no one would want to eat after being on the
road, so I froze them for much later in the week. Well I ended up re-heating them the first night,
and I cut up all 4 racks. And as expected, I ended up with about two racks of cut up ribs uneaten,
and I was a tad pissed about it but not actually pissed. Well my brother in law comes in the next day and
he was freaking out over the taste. They WERE my best ribs ever, but he just went on and on
about how he would pay top dollar for them on any day of the year. Hehe. makes a cook feel good.
And like I said, they had the best flavor inside the meat that i had achieved to that point. And every
day as we would make all of our various sandwiches for the hike that day, I just sliced the cold meat
off of a few bones and plopped it on a sammich with some mayo and cold beans. man, talk about
a good sammich.:-)

Wed morning we hiked up to Mt. LeConte, and I am not kidding when i say it almost killed me, but i took
breaks all the way up the mountain and i survived. Coming down was so much better, but by that time,
my shins and toes and ankles were screaming for it to be over, but there were miles and miles to go.
the next day I felt a hundred percent better, but now, days after, i am hurting, lol. Hiked about 35 miles
over the week. MAN I LOVE THE SMOKIES.
[Reply]
Steve 02:06 PM 08-08-2010
Part I

Fired off the Lang Friday evening after I got home from work for a small party I was catering Saturday. A couple of pork buts, a couple of brisket points and some ribs and sausage for the party, and some baby backs and sausage for me and my bud's that came over to hang out with me. Lots of fun and fellowship, and the food went over great at the party!

Lighting up a smoke with The Torch Lighter of All Torch Lighters...Has anyone seen my eye brows???

The first of the food is on

Good Times!

Checking the progress

Yumm!

[Reply]
Page 53 of 270
« First < 343515253 545563103153 > Last »
Up