Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 39
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Chingas 09:26 PM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
:-) No idea how they got my addy. I just chuck them in the recycling...
Posted via Mobile Device
Recycling? Them puppies find their way into the Fire!:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 05:40 AM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Recycling? Them puppies find their way into the Fire!:-)
We live in an apartment in a small city. The neighbors frown on bonfires (and virgin sacrifices). Who knew?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TXRebel 08:48 AM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by Sam Tushing:
Any other suggestions on good places to buy online would be appreciated!
LINK to online retailers.
[Reply]
Chingas 04:56 PM 09-15-2010
That is one hell of a list!
[Reply]
pnoon 05:01 PM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
That is one hell of a list!
Read more. Post less. :-)
[Reply]
Sam Tushing 11:26 AM 09-17-2010
Thanks TXRebel!
[Reply]
TXRebel 01:00 PM 09-17-2010
Anytime, brother. :-)
[Reply]
Eagle53 10:25 AM 09-25-2010
Has there been any discussion about storing your butane lighters in your humi with your cigars?

My concern is lighters (cheap or expensive they all do it) leaking butane into the humi and damaging the flavor of the cigars. Are there any thoughts, experiences or research on this subject?
[Reply]
bobarian 10:31 AM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by Eagle53:
Has there been any discussion about storing your butane lighters in your humi with your cigars?

My concern is lighters (cheap or expensive they all do it) leaking butane into the humi and damaging the flavor of the cigars. Are there any thoughts, experiences or research on this subject?
I'm not sure this is true, I have left lighters for 8-12 months and picked them up and not had any fuel leakage.:-) Over the years I have never had a problem with a lighter leaking. But I do not store lighters in my humidors, there is no room. But I often put one in my traveldors. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 10:42 AM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I'm not sure this is true, I have left lighters for 8-12 months and picked them up and not had any fuel leakage.:-) Over the years I have never had a problem with a lighter leaking. But I do not store lighters in my humidors, there is no room. But I often put one in my traveldors. :-)
Bob Is Wise!:-)
[Reply]
daviddwilson 06:55 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by Molarman777:
What do you do when your humi gets that "not so fresh feeling"?
:-).

Thanks for posting this, this is a great place to ask the beginner questions this site has so much knowledge it is kind of scary!:-)

Jason
I thought it might be a good place consolidate commonly asked questions instead of finding old threads
[Reply]
Sam Tushing 04:56 PM 10-05-2010
Thanks for the info - I've heard some bad stories about Thompson. Sounds like if you guys got their catalogs without buying their someone sold them your address...happens. I'll keep poking and see if I can avoid the temptation to save a buck or two every once in awhile.
[Reply]
gentimmy 04:14 PM 10-11-2010
I see people keep their cellophane on their sticks when they put them in their humi. Advantages to this?
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:17 PM 10-11-2010
Originally Posted by gentimmy:
I see people keep their cellophane on their sticks when they put them in their humi. Advantages to this?
Personal preference. Whatever you choose is fine.
Cellophane is nice if you need to touch them everyday or for travel protection.
[Reply]
bobarian 04:19 PM 10-11-2010
Keeping the cello on can prevent your cigars from rubbing together as you move them around. But whether to keep it on or not is mainly a personal choice. Some cigars do not come with cello so I usually leave them as they are packaged from the manufacturer. :-)

Please take a moment to introduce yourself here: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Also, there is a wealth of information in the stickies at the top of each forum section. :-)
[Reply]
gentimmy 05:39 PM 10-11-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Keeping the cello on can prevent your cigars from rubbing together as you move them around. But whether to keep it on or not is mainly a personal choice. Some cigars do not come with cello so I usually leave them as they are packaged from the manufacturer. :-)

Please take a moment to introduce yourself here: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Also, there is a wealth of information in the stickies at the top of each forum section. :-)
Thanks for the help ya'll.

already introduced myself:-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 05:53 PM 10-11-2010
Aside from the other answers I have read in a few places that cigars age at a slower rate or something of the sort. Don't quote me on this though and no Nickerson comments please.
[Reply]
T.G 07:08 PM 10-11-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Aside from the other answers I have read in a few places that cigars age at a slower rate or something of the sort. Don't quote me on this though and no Nickerson comments please.
That "information" is out there, but it's really more of a theory from some people based on their personal perceptions and alleged experiences than it is a proven fact there Nicker...errr, Mario. :-)

It's also one of those things that gets repeated over and over on websites because people often just copy info from other places that have it without really changing or even thinking about anything (much like the oft repeated flavor marrying myth)
[Reply]
Zeuceone 05:01 PM 12-23-2010
Is there some kind of holder for a cigar when getting down to the last 2-3 inches?
[Reply]
TXRebel 05:11 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Is there some kind of holder for a cigar when getting down to the last 2-3 inches?
Tooth pick, corn cob holder, foreceps, sheetrock screw, etc.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 39
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
Up