Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Good Eats>How do you prepare the perfect burger patty?
longknocker 04:01 PM 05-30-2009
"Nature's Seasoning". Has all the spices you need in one bottle!:-)
[Reply]
SteveDMatt 06:37 AM 05-31-2009
My butcher makes my burgers for me. You can get them fresh or fr**en (no flames please). Of course I buy them fresh when I can. I usually call and ask when they will have them fresh. Always important to have a good relationship with your butcher.

Anyhow, they use 75/25 black angus chuck for the ones I like the best. A little salt and pepper, cooked to mid-rare. Done.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 12:29 PM 06-01-2009
1 lb chopped Bison meat
1/4 C. Bread crumbs
1 egg
1 tsp Maggi Wurze
1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Mix it up form and grill o a hot grill for about 7 minute each side or more as desired.

These are seriously good.

T
[Reply]
a2vr6 12:46 PM 06-01-2009
Angus Beef Mixed with a little ground pork (trust me on this, I only use antibiotic free grain fed meat's)
Fresh chopped parsley
Mesquite Rub
Few Dashes of hot sauce
Garlic (fried a touch first to make it low key)
Little bit of Italian bread crumbs
One egg
Chipotle BBQ Sauce

On an Italian-style Kaiser Bun

:-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 12:52 PM 06-01-2009
When my fiancee and I make ours using lean ground, we tend to mix in french onion powdered soup mix along with salt/pepper and a single egg. We make the patty using a largish jar lid (put a layer of plastic wrap in to make removal easier), press in roughly 1/8th lb of meat, then put a couple tbls of shredded cheddar/bacon bits mix on top leaving outside edge of patty clear, place roughly 1/8th lb meat on top and press edges together to form finished patty. Refrigerate for 20 - 30min to allow the meat to become a bit more solid.

The other burgers we make use ground buffalo, super super lean meat and very healthy. For those burgers we add a little salt and pepper and an egg up that's it. We enjoy the favour of the buffalo too much to alter it with any additional spices or flavourings.
[Reply]
SteveDMatt 04:56 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by a2vr6:
Angus Beef Mixed with a little ground pork (trust me on this, I only use antibiotic free grain fed meat's)
Awesome idea! I do it with my meatballs (actually 50-50), why not a burger?
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:03 AM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by gpugliese:
The less manhandling of the beef the better, and never ever press when on the grill!
Both of these points are soooo true. Almost falling apart when you flip them is best IMO :-)

Originally Posted by SteveDMatt:
My butcher makes my burgers for me. You can get them fresh or fr**en (no flames please). Of course I buy them fresh when I can. I usually call and ask when they will have them fresh. Always important to have a good relationship with your butcher.

Alright Steve, I must ask...who's your butcher? If he's quasi-close I may have to check him out!
[Reply]
SteveDMatt 02:30 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Alright Steve, I must ask...who's your butcher? If he's quasi-close I may have to check him out!
Joe Butcher shop in Vineland. Quite a distance from you, but maybe worth a trip. Another good one is Bringhurst in Tansboro (just south of Atco).
[Reply]
htown 02:55 PM 06-02-2009
Salt, pepper, worstershire, soy sauce, and chopped onion.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 04:47 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
1 lb chopped Bison meat
1/4 C. Bread crumbs
1 egg
1 tsp Maggi Wurze
1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Mix it up form and grill o a hot grill for about 7 minute each side or more as desired.

These are seriously good.

T
That sounds awesome. Around here we have a restaurant that serves the Kitchen sink Bison burger....Bison, egg, cheese, mushroooms the works...best burger I have ever eaten.
[Reply]
AAlmeter 07:32 PM 06-02-2009
Full fat freshly coarse ground sirloin. Salt and pepper before, and a heavy dose of salt as its on the grill. I also indent the center to keep them from turning into a giant meatball while cooking (I usually do 3/4 - 1 lb each).
[Reply]
Partagaspete 10:47 AM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by DocLogic77:
That sounds awesome. Around here we have a restaurant that serves the Kitchen sink Bison burger....Bison, egg, cheese, mushroooms the works...best burger I have ever eaten.
It is a bit expensive here but worth it. IMHO of course.
[Reply]
KenS 10:56 AM 06-03-2009
Ground Beef
Salt and Pepper
Glass of Port
Nice Cigar

Damn, was I cooking something? I forgot about that ... better get another glass of port before I nub this thing...

[Reply]
VTDragon 11:02 AM 06-03-2009
Whatever recipe you use, once the patty is formed press your thumb into the middle before grilling making the middle a bit thinner than the rest of the patty. You will be amazed at how much this simple trick reduces patty shrinkage and insures a consistent level of "doneness" through the burger.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 05:14 PM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
It is a bit expensive here but worth it. IMHO of course.

Yes...here too but worth every penny.
[Reply]
reggiebuckeye 11:19 PM 06-06-2009
Wow, no mention of hot sauce or crushed red pepper?

1 egg, salt, pepper, a few dashes of Louisiana style hot sauce (ok a lot of dashes), add some crushed red pepper. Make patties as mentioned before.

Tasty and with a little kick.
[Reply]
chenvt 11:33 PM 06-06-2009
It was either on America's Test Kitchen or Good Eats (neither of which I get here in Afghanistan :-) ) that they showed something that sounds nasty, but makes a great burger: milk and bread. I kid you not. Especially if you have folks that like a (gasp) well done burger, milk and bread help keep it super moist. I forgot the ratio of milk and bread to beef, but last time I did this, even my friends who only like well done were flabbergasted.

On seasoning, I'm a plain salt/pepper guy, but occasionally like to add make a greek-style burger where you add some finely minced onion, rosemary, and feta cheese. Salt a pepper to taste. Can't go wrong!
[Reply]
chenvt 11:35 PM 06-06-2009
Originally Posted by DocLogic77:
Yes...here too but worth every penny.
Are we referring to Ted's Montana Grill? I'm all over the kitchen sink, but usually for dinner since you'll be in a coma after eating it.
[Reply]
BUCASmoker 07:14 PM 06-15-2009
My recipe:

80/20 ground beef
Worcestershire sauce
BBQ sauce
Salt (fresh ground, kosher)
Pepper (lots of it, fresh ground)
crushed red pepper
hot sauce
crushed onions
minced garlic (a ton of it)
grated cheese
Montreal seasoning

[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:14 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by :
How do you prepare the perfect burger patty?
This is how!

http://www.babysbadassburgers.com/ - Only in Los Angeles right now, sorry fellas! Do I hear L.A. herf....??

Originally Posted by thrillist.com:
BBB is a new, bright pink food truck dedicated solely to the mission of delivering "amazing burgers served by hot chicks". As far as the girls, the multi-ethnic actress/student/etc crew ranges from blondes to brunettes to redheads, all dressed semi-provocatively - CLICK ME TO SEE DEFINITION OF SEMI-PROVOCATIVE DRESS -

All sandwiches are served as side-by-side sliders on Hawaiian sweetbread buns; high qual Angus beef burger options include the "Original Beauty" (Swiss/grilled onions/sauteed mushrooms/special sauce), the "Mamacita" (pepperjack/guac/tomato/grilled onions) and the aged beef/St Andre cheese/black truffle "Cougar", which you only order late night because, like, your friends totally dared you.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up