Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Good Eats>Favorite place to eat?
Chainsaw13 05:35 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
When in Chicago:
Girl and the goat
The Publican
One of these days I値l make it either of these places. Sure do miss Hot Doug痴 too.
[Reply]
drjammer 06:49 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by The Poet:
My favorite place to eat is in front of my TV.
+1 :-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 11:19 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
When in Chicago:
Au Cheval
Blackbird
Girl and the goat
The Publican
Smyth
The Loyalist
Smith and Wollensky

When in STL:
Grace
Good Fortune
Pappys smokehouse
Southern - located right next to Pappys

When in Peoria:
Edge
Hearth
Jim痴 steakhouse
Have you been to Annie Gunn's in STL? It's an excellent steak house. Also, in Bellville, there's a bbq joint called Beast Craft and it is really good as well.

In Chicago, Trattoria No 10, Spiaggia/Cafe Spiaggia, and Shaw's Crab House are my go-to places.
[Reply]
massphatness 11:59 AM 01-06-2019
The Coach Grill in Wayland, MA just west of Boston. Great food & better service. It's the complete experience for me & Grace. We've been going for over 14 years and have had the same waiter for just about the whole time. He's the absolute best -- to the point where we adjust our schedule if he's not working.

Mother's in NOLA. I'd weigh 500 lbs if I lived anywhere close.

Giacomo's in Boston's North End -- just outstanding Italian.

Also: McDonald's
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:48 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR:
Have you been to Annie Gunn's in STL? It's an excellent steak house. Also, in Bellville, there's a bbq joint called Beast Craft and it is really good as well.

In Chicago, Trattoria No 10, Spiaggia/Cafe Spiaggia, and Shaw's Crab House are my go-to places.
Added Annie Gunns to the list. I知 in STL probably once a month so I値l hit it up my next trip down
[Reply]
icehog3 09:07 PM 01-06-2019
After this summer, I must add Dom (jonumberone)'s backyard to my list. :-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 01:59 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Added Annie Gunns to the list. I知 in STL probably once a month so I値l hit it up my next trip down
Smoked ribeye and bread pudding are top notch and their drink/wine list is pretty impressive.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:23 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:
After this summer, I must add Dom (jonumberone)'s backyard to my list. :-)
I can confirm that this is, hands down, the best place to eat in Jersey. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Dom & Nina are beasts in the kitchen.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:28 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Added Annie Gunns to the list. I知 in STL probably once a month so I値l hit it up my next trip down
I've only been there once, but the food was great and we were treated like kings. I'd definitely go back,

Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I can confirm that this is, hands down, the best place to eat in Jersey. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Dom & Nina are beasts in the kitchen.
Word. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:16 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by massphatness:
The Coach Grill in Wayland, MA just west of Boston. Great food & better service. It's the complete experience for me & Grace. We've been going for over 14 years and have had the same waiter for just about the whole time. He's the absolute best -- to the point where we adjust our schedule if he's not working.
Elys and I go there from time to time as well. Totally love their clams casino.
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 11:58 AM 01-08-2019
Annie Gunns only been a few times but it rocked:-)

Mr. Stocks (closed now) best dessert souffl

Chick fil a I have a 8 count nuggets and ice tea every day:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:46 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict:
Annie Gunns only been a few times but it rocked:-)

Mr. Stocks (closed now) best dessert souffl

Chick fil a I have a 8 count nuggets and ice tea every day:-)
King's Hawaiian ? :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 01:42 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Favorite ever is probably Rosarios or La Gloria in San Antonio. Mexican is my favorite and both these places do it up right. I got around pretty well in my 4 years in Texas. These were always my favorites.
Hey, I致e actually eaten there!!! Great place but I would also include La Panaderia which I really enjoyed the Ranchero Eggs Benedict and the coffeee was excellent.

In Sacramento two choices for me.

Crepeville for breakfast and Mikuni痴 for sushi.

Yumm.
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 02:29 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:
King's Hawaiian ? :-)
I do like my Kings Hawaiian :-) but I was only getting to have my Kings French toast 2 to 3 times a year:-)
So I have mastered the recipe and I make my own a few times a month now:-) Next time your in town I will make you some:-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:04 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
Sorry for the long list but these are my favorites, too hard to chose one or 2 places, and any one of these could be my #1 depending on what I'm in the mood for!

Philly Food- Chinks Cheesesteaks (Philadelphia)
American- Charlies Burgers (Ridley PA)
Pizza- Pica's (Upper Darby PA)
Chinese- Han Dynasty (Philadelphia)
Sushi-RAW (Philadelphia)
Italian- Ralph's (Philadelphia) best veal in the city
Cuban- El Meson de Pepe (Key West FL)
Greek- Thanasis (Athens) worth the airfare!!
Mexican- My wife makes the best tacos!! (Broomall PA)
Ummm...meories of year's ago..a Chinks Cheessteak and black ad white milkshake...good stuff!!!
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:09 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by RUNYYFan:
When you happen to be in New Brunswick, NJ, - home of Rutgers University and the world HQ of J&J - visit...

Steakhouse 85 (http://www.steakhouse85.com) for quality steaks,

Stuff Yer Face (https://stuffyerface.com) for the best strombolis in the world,

Thomas Sweet Ice Cream and Next Door for chocolates (https://thomassweetnb.com) to get the best blend-ins, homemade chocolate and fudge, and

Harvest Moon Brewery (https://harvestmoonbrewery.com/) for in-house craft beers.

If you are looking for a list of breweries and brewpubs in NJ, check out the New Jersey Craft Beer website at https://newjerseycraftbeer.com/new-jersey-breweries/
When I'm near Rutgers I usually go to a place called "Dom's"...big portions, good selection of brown liquor and a smoking lounge too boot...owner is a bit of a c*nt though....:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:07 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict:
I do like my Kings Hawaiian :-) but I was only getting to have my Kings French toast 2 to 3 times a year:-)
So I have mastered the recipe and I make my own a few times a month now:-) Next time your in town I will make you some:-)
:-) :-) :-) :-)

Originally Posted by BigAsh:
a place called "Dom's"...owner is a bit of a c*nt though....:-)
And I thought I was going to have to wait until September of 2019 to hear that again! :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 04:19 PM 01-08-2019
Oh, and for me pizza in Manhattan Little Italy at Lombardi’s Americas first pizza establishment still in operation. Coal fired pizza.
[Reply]
RUNYYFan 06:33 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
When I'm near Rutgers I usually go to a place called "Dom's"...big portions, good selection of brown liquor and a smoking lounge too boot...owner is a bit of a c*nt though....:-)
Oh? Where is this place? Yardley? :-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 11:18 PM 01-08-2019
Cincinnati - The Precinct is a top notch steak house...one of the best I've ever been to
Charleston - Hall's Chophouse is also up there.
Nashville - Skull's Rainbow Room is almost like a speak easy in attitude, but they have fantastic food and drinks. Super laid back.
Indianapolis - Eddie Merlot's is always great.

These are the only places I get to with any frequency but if you're in the neighborhood, they're worth a check.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up