Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>What are you smoking this weekend??
Smokin Gator 08:36 AM 10-25-2008
My daughter is coming home from college for a weekend visit so I am doing a brisket, a pot of butter beans, a pot of collards, some cole slaw, and a pan of corn bread and some ABTs for appetizers during the Gator game. Did I raise that girl right or what??
[Reply]
nozero 08:39 AM 10-25-2008
What are ABTs?
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:43 AM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by nozero:
What are ABTs?
Atomic Buffalo Turds

There are many variations but I'm going old school today:

Jalapeno seeded/cored, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, smoked over cherry wood for 3 hours.
[Reply]
Steve 10:00 AM 10-25-2008
I usually mix in some leftover pulled pork with mine.

BTW, what time should I drop in?

:-)

Seriously, we need to get together with the smokers one of these days. BBQ and cigars, it don't get much better!

Steve

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Atomic Buffalo Turds

There are many variations but I'm going old school today:

Jalapeno seeded/cored, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, smoked over cherry wood for 3 hours.

[Reply]
Smokin Gator 10:54 AM 10-25-2008
Come on by brother... The Gators are kicking some Wildcat butt and I'm about to start drinking!!
[Reply]
BengalMan 02:19 PM 10-25-2008
I wish I could smoke something, BBQ is my favorite food, but no smoker. Need to pick one up at some point I guess...
[Reply]
tnip23 02:23 PM 10-25-2008
and they say Florida isn't part of the south... that menu says otherwise, nice job brother.:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 02:25 PM 10-25-2008
Raining all weekend here, nothing
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:39 PM 10-25-2008
I smoked a Phillies grape (don't ask) and a Devil's weed nicot. Will light up something else later, probably something Cuban. Can't smoke tomorrow due to the smoking ban here in Holland.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:39 PM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
I wish I could smoke something, BBQ is my favorite food, but no smoker. Need to pick one up at some point I guess...
Weber is coming out with a new larger Weber Smokey Mountain. The old ones are being let go pretty cheap. They are a very nice smoker. If you need some help with it let me know!!
[Reply]
Steve 04:21 PM 10-25-2008
We're DEFINITELY part of the south, we've just been overrun with foreigners :-)

Gotta love GRITS! (I've got 2, my wife and daughter)

Originally Posted by tnip23:
and they say Florida isn't part of the south... that menu says otherwise, nice job brother.:-)

[Reply]
livwire68 10:24 PM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Weber is coming out with a new larger Weber Smokey Mountain. The old ones are being let go pretty cheap. They are a very nice smoker. If you need some help with it let me know!!
Who usually carries the WSM's, I have heard a ton about them! I doubt I will get one, I love my bandera! I am really considering the commercial kingfisher rotisserie Kooker, due to the amount of meat/pigs it can smoke. Anyhoo enjoy that brisket, ABT's and you must smoke a "fatty" for breakfast!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:38 AM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by livwire68:
Who usually carries the WSM's, I have heard a ton about them! I doubt I will get one, I love my bandera! I am really considering the commercial kingfisher rotisserie Kooker, due to the amount of meat/pigs it can smoke. Anyhoo enjoy that brisket, ABT's and you must smoke a "fatty" for breakfast!
Amazon has the old ones currently and is taking orders on the new one.

I had a Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe for a long time. I have also cooked competitions on Kingfisher. They are both good cookers. I have just gotten lazy over the years and don't like pulling all nighters!!
[Reply]
:eevis 10:46 AM 10-26-2008
Good looking menu, We need pics.
God, I wish I was cooking this weekend, maybe next weekend :-)
[Reply]
Up