Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Aganorsa Supreme Leaf
NCRadioMan 06:34 PM 03-04-2020

Supreme Leaf is a “Corojo ’99 dominant blend” that will come in one size only when it launches at the trade show in late-January of 2020.

A 5x52 box-pressed robusto, the new Supreme Leaf sports a dark, Nicaraguan Corojo ’99 wrapper with binder and filler also from Nicaragua. All of the tobacco in the new cigar was grown by Aganorsa.

Brightly colored boxes and bands stand out on the shelf. We just got in a couple of the initial boxes so I had to try one. Wrapper is a smooth, oily chocolate brown with no veins and it has a closed foot. Construction is second to none. Dry draw is a touch sweet. Surprising.

This Nica puro is what you would expect. Spicy but with a sweetness to balance it out. Not very complex but a very nice flavor the whole way through and definitely full-bodied in flavor and strength. I know, not an in depth review but this is what it was. Straight forward. I honestly expected a bit more.

I probably should have waited a few days for them to get acclimated to the humidor after shipping. I think they will improve. I also look forward to see what time does to it. We shall see. :-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 06:55 PM 03-04-2020
Thank for the review. I imagine they will be amazing with a long nap. They sure look Nice!
Enjoy!:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 07:10 PM 03-04-2020
It's been a while since I had a corojo but recall they were quite tasty. Hope you enjoy the next one even more.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:30 AM 03-05-2020
Great Review, Greg!:-):-). I Love The Arganosa Leaf. I'll Pick Some Out Soon To Try.:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:19 AM 03-05-2020
Tried one of these last week. I thought it was pretty mediocre. I was expecting more because I love the Aganorsa leaf.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:01 AM 03-05-2020
I have a box on the way!
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 07:26 PM 03-05-2020
Great review NC!! I'd also be curious to see how they'd perform after a long humi rest.

Btw I've been looking for these, somehow looks like most places are sold out for now :-) anyone know where there are some boxes in stock?
[Reply]
hammondc 06:19 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:
Great review NC!! I'd also be curious to see how they'd perform after a long humi rest.

Btw I've been looking for these, somehow looks like most places are sold out for now :-) anyone know where there are some boxes in stock?
It was a short run of only 500 boxes. I was watching for them after Halfwheel announced them shipping.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:21 AM 03-06-2020
It looks like Fincks still has some
http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/pro...-supreme-leaf/
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 07:09 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by hammondc:
It looks like Fincks still has some
http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/pro...-supreme-leaf/
Awesome!! Thanks for that Chip :-)
[Reply]
samlrs 02:12 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by :

Supreme Leaf is a “Corojo ’99 dominant blend” that will come in one size only when it launches at the trade show in late-January of 2020.

A 5x52 box-pressed robusto, the new Supreme Leaf sports a dark, Nicaraguan Corojo ’99 wrapper with binder and filler also from Nicaragua. All of the tobacco in the new cigar was grown by Aganorsa.

Brightly colored boxes and bands stand out on the shelf. We just got in a couple of the initial boxes so I had to try one. Wrapper is a smooth, oily chocolate brown with no veins and it has a closed foot. Construction is second to none. Dry draw is a touch sweet. Surprising.

This Nica puro is what you would expect. Spicy but with a sweetness to balance it out. Not very complex but a very nice flavor the whole way through and definitely full-bodied in flavor and strength. I know, not an in depth review but this is what it was. Straight forward. I honestly expected a bit more.

I probably should have waited a few days for them to get acclimated to the humidor after shipping. I think they will improve. I also look forward to see what time does to it. We shall see. :-)
Just recently saw these in a store nearby and though to give them a try
tastes really good and burning time is excellent
Definitely a good choice but a bit too expensive for my pocket
[Reply]
Up