Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Diesel "Unholy Coctail"
e-man67 05:40 PM 03-04-2010
I was given one by brother Wayne80 (thanks Wayne) which he lets his stuff sit...the stick he gave to me I let sit for 1 1/2 months and I am smoking it now....the only flavor I get is burnt bitterness...I think it is harsh...nothing like the Liga Privada 52 I smoked last nite which was very good.
[Reply]
Thrak 06:46 PM 03-04-2010
I'll let you guys know in a few days... thanks Joe!! :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:53 PM 03-06-2010
Okay, so I just smoked mine... not very impressed with it. Thought the construction was nice, burn was nice, but flavor wise, not very thrilled with it. I don't want to say one dimensional but it was very woodsy throughout the entire smoke, had a few hints of coffee/mocha but other than that, I was not too impressed.
[Reply]
SinPena! 05:39 PM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Okay, so I just smoked mine... not very impressed with it. Thought the construction was nice, burn was nice, but flavor wise, not very thrilled with it. I don't want to say one dimensional but it was very woodsy throughout the entire smoke, had a few hints of coffee/mocha but other than that, I was not too impressed.

Just received mine! Will try one out tonight....................
[Reply]
MiamiE 05:43 PM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
I was given one by brother Wayne80 (thanks Wayne) which he lets his stuff sit...the stick he gave to me I let sit for 1 1/2 months and I am smoking it now....the only flavor I get is burnt bitterness...I think it is harsh...nothing like the Liga Privada 52 I smoked last nite which was very good.
Eric, the Liga is a $12 stick! The Diesel is a $3! Cmon man! :-)
[Reply]
SinPena! 09:40 PM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by SinPena!:
Just received mine! Will try one out tonight....................

That was a good smoke...........it was consistant!:-)
[Reply]
saggel 04:47 AM 03-09-2010
I've just ordered my first fiver in a split in here thanx to Mario !!!
[Reply]
Kreth 06:05 AM 03-09-2010
Scored a box from cbid (and a box of LHCs). I noticed the QB price was a couple bucks higher this time around.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
nater 08:39 AM 03-09-2010
My box arrived from Cbid... I will let them sit for a few days then try one... cant wait!
[Reply]
fuente~fuente 10:52 AM 03-09-2010
Originally Posted by nater:
My box arrived from Cbid... I will let them sit for a few days then try one... cant wait!
Ditto... Mine arrived a few days ago. I'm itching, but I am trained in the Jedi arts of Humi Patience.:-)
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 11:46 AM 03-09-2010
thanks for the review.. i just scored a 5er on the devil site. cant wait to try them
[Reply]
Thrak 05:01 PM 03-09-2010
smoking one now... initial thoughts are

Yummy
Lots of smoke
Crazy burn..

Had 3 days in the humi from delivery..

will add more as I get through it. :-)
[Reply]
Thrak 05:45 PM 03-09-2010
very smooth.. lots of smoke... good flavors, not many changes thru the smoke tho.. burn evend out and stayed sharp

Rule #1 with these... DONT PURGE.. holy crap I almost lost an eyebrow!!!!

really enjoyed this, wish I had more than I have... may be hitting up the devil site. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:47 PM 03-09-2010
Originally Posted by Thrak:
...wish I had more than I have... may be hitting up the devil site. :-)
I have some for sale in the WTS forum :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 10:57 AM 03-10-2010
If anyone's interested, this lot still has two boxes available slightly below the regular CI price. It ends tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
big a 02:23 PM 03-10-2010
I just got done smoking this stick and your review is dead on! The only difference I had was the pepper faded away rather quickly in the first third but I was happy and pleased it did. +1 on a great review and great stick.
[Reply]
BeachBonsai 06:00 PM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
I am not a fan of Pennsylvania broadleaf, it was used in place of Connecticut
broadleaf during the "Cigar Boom Era" 1993 through 1997 wasn't a fan of it then or now. I recall it was used in many machine made cigars.

It seems to me that the company's using it are trying to hit a price point
at or under $3.00. It is not for me I am past the point of trying to find a cheep daily smoke, as said many times before "Life and time is too short to smoke cheep cigars"

The good side is a myriad of cigars out there now which was not available when I started smoking
[Reply]
nater 10:14 PM 03-10-2010
I just smoked the first one out of my box... While not the best smoke ever... An honest good smoke! Had a strong barnyard smell out of the box, it was mellow and picked up a bit of spice in the last 1/3rd. Nice smoke volume and was well balanced, although not a ton of flavor complexity. I will easily finish the box and most likely order another box if they are all this decent.
[Reply]
Thrak 05:10 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by BeachBonsai:
It is not for me I am past the point of trying to find a cheep daily smoke, as said many times before "Life and time is too short to smoke cheep cigars"
I really hope you mean "life is too short to smoke bad cigars", because 'cheep' and bad are not always the same thing... plenty of cheap, good smokes available these days...

of course maybe you do mean 'cheep' and you enjoy your cigar with a bunch of birds :-)
[Reply]
SinPena! 11:13 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by Thrak:
I really hope you mean "life is too short to smoke bad cigars", because 'cheep' and bad are not always the same thing... plenty of cheap, good smokes available these days...

of course maybe you do mean 'cheep' and you enjoy your cigar with a bunch of birds :-)

I think you mean Cheap.......................:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up