Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Does a decent light beer exist?
Waynegro1 02:59 PM 06-20-2009
My favorite light beer is Amstel Light. It's brewed where Don Fernando hails, that's right, Amsterdam.
It's one DAM good Bier!! :-)
[Reply]
BigCat 03:09 PM 06-20-2009
Check out the calorie content of guiness. I think you'd be surprised. It is only around 120 per 12 oz, which isn't much higher than Michelob ultra and other really light beers.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 03:13 PM 06-20-2009
Originally Posted by BigCat:
Check out the calorie content of guiness. I think you'd be surprised. It is only around 120 per 12 oz, which isn't much higher than Michelob ultra and other really light beers.
Not to mention, it's the BEST beer EVER!! :-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:14 PM 06-20-2009
Originally Posted by BigCat:
:-)
[Reply]
SeanGAR 09:18 PM 06-22-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Why not just drink less?
Mom? Is that you?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:26 PM 06-22-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Why not just drink less?
It's not about getting drunk.. it's about a great beer that tastes great, and making a selection that helps that possibility last a bit longer. Having a good beer is much more agreeable to my taste buds than sweet tea, a soda of many types, and even (God forbid..) coffee, at times. (Please save me from the coffee faithful and their vengeful sharp sticks.)
If I wanted to be drunk, I could find a few ways, some of which have been utilized before. :-) I am not overly dependent on calorie counting or , but it is nice to be able to have options. I like options.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:20 PM 06-22-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I am not overly dependent on calorie counting or , but it is nice to be able to have options. I like options.
So go eat a salad and leave the beer alone Pete! That's an option of sorts.
[Reply]
OLS 07:16 AM 06-23-2009
I prefer to think NOT, or no, as every one I have tried has been terrible, so I lost my desire to FIND such a beer or the belief that any beer could ever do it. That said, I DRINK Bud Lite, because it sucks less than any other reasonably priced Lite offering. But I always say, if you are going to live, then taste. I eat real butter only. I do not eat any lite food product, because polymer science can't make a great cheese, or fat, or butter. If you are FAT, eat less but better. Like the great Zino Davidoff said about cigars.
No one ever tricked their body into better health or lower weight. You have to work off more calories than you eat to lose weight. There is no free lunch.

----
After reading your response to the attacks, be it known that I was not suggesting you drink less if you are fat.
I was making a generalization of the futility of searching for a good lite beer when what you want is a good beer.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:37 AM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
So go eat a salad and leave the beer alone Pete! That's an option of sorts.
That would require going on sabbatical from the Church of the Holy Ribeye. Would you have me sin, Brother Joe?
[Reply]
dccraft 10:20 AM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
My favorite light beer is Amstel Light. It's brewed where Don Fernando hails, that's right, Amsterdam.
It's one DAM good Bier!! :-)
:-) Very good tasting bier IMHO :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 10:41 AM 06-27-2009
Shiner Light is real good!
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:37 PM 06-27-2009
Why am I checking this out???:-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:44 AM 07-14-2009
You guys might like this one! :-)

Coors Light to Release New Shotgunnable Can with Second Tab on Side
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:50 AM 07-14-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
You guys might like this one! :-)

Coors Light to Release New Shotgunnable Can with Second Tab on Side
I can assist you in shotgunning your Coors Right.....

But I will pass myself. :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:54 AM 07-14-2009
[Reply]
Darrell 11:17 AM 07-14-2009
If you're counting calories don't drink alcohol at all, that's always been my advice.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 11:32 AM 07-14-2009
My answer...no.

But I have several friends who like this.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:32 AM 07-14-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
If you're counting calories don't drink alcohol at all, that's always been my advice.
Sure Darrell, you could suck the fun out of a clown, couldn't you?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:34 AM 07-14-2009
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher:
My answer...no.

But I have several friends who like this.
That sounds like it might be right up my alley, thank you sir.
No fruit will be killed in the consumption of it though, should I grab some.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 11:42 AM 07-14-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
That sounds like it might be right up my alley, thank you sir.
No fruit will be killed in the consumption of it though, should I grab some.
You're welcome. And BTW, if you're looking for options, this craft brewery offers some of the most unusual beers produced in the U.S. You could spend a lot of time finding interesting smoke pairings.

For many reasons, it's wonderful living in Colorado.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up