Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Looking for wooden crates
Mark C 05:26 AM 08-31-2009
I've got a 24"x12" shelf full of cookbooks that my 9mo old son thinks is a great new toy, so I'm looking for a box or something to put them in and avoid picking up fallen books every 5 minutes.

I'd really like to use a few wooden wine crates to use for storage. The few I've seen on eBay look to be about the right size, but they're selling for anywhere from $50-$100 depending on the winery. I don't really care about the name on the box, so I was hoping to do a little better. Anyone here have a hookup for empty crates, or better yet have a few lying around your house you need to get rid of? Willing to pay, just not $50/ea.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:14 PM 09-03-2009
Usually, the local big liquor store sells them or gives them away. If they are cool, $5 each.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:32 PM 09-03-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Usually, the local big liquor store sells them or gives them away. If they are cool, $5 each.
:-) I work in a small wine shop, and we will often just give them to our better customers - or I will to a friend. Fifty bucks for a crate is highway robbery.
[Reply]
captain53 07:40 AM 09-04-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
:-) I work in a small wine shop, and we will often just give them to our better customers - or I will to a friend. Fifty bucks for a crate is highway robbery.
Ebay is usually highway anymore.:-)
[Reply]
OLS 10:39 AM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Fifty bucks for a crate is highway robbery.
YES, but until people refuse to pay it, it's called the going rate, lol.
[Reply]
landhoney 02:23 PM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by OLS:
YES, but until people refuse to pay it, it's called the going rate for suckers, lol.
I edited the above a bit to more closely describe the actual situation. :-):-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 03:43 PM 09-17-2009
I would consider buying the crate ends of classic vintages and growth's just to collect them for a future project. I want to make a dining table with crate ends under glass. I would have to have at least a bottle from any crate end in this project.
[Reply]
Up