Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 66 of 70
« First < 1656646566 6768 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Homebrewers - Whats in the fermenter?
replicant_argent 11:35 AM 08-24-2013
I have 2 fermenters (IPA and an EPA) both with seeming stuck fermentations.....
[Reply]
jwoodz777 02:26 PM 08-24-2013
10 gallons of Kolshe gonna brew another 10 tomorrow need lots of beer for sharkathonthis year. Plus I have my own personal stash.
[Reply]
kickerb 08:44 AM 09-11-2013
5 gallon batch of American Pale Ale (APA) fermenting away...

[Reply]
cobra03 12:32 AM 09-12-2013
Looks nice Bryan. I have a APA going as well. Tried my hand at wet hopping this time around. Never done it before. Threw in a bunch of Cenntenial hops I grew in my backyard during the boil. Its got atleast a 1 1/2weeks before im ready to bottle. Very interested to see how this one comes out.
[Reply]
kickerb 12:31 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by cobra03:
Looks nice Bryan. I have a APA going as well. Tried my hand at wet hopping this time around. Never done it before. Threw in a bunch of Cenntenial hops I grew in my backyard during the boil. Its got atleast a 1 1/2weeks before im ready to bottle. Very interested to see how this one comes out.
Thanks, I'm still pretty new to this home brewing thing.

Yesterday when I got home the fermentation process was slowing down (like it should), but I've got some odd looking stuff sitting on top. It's like whitish chunks. I wasnt sure if that is normal, or a sign on contamination.

Never heard of wet hopping, but I am interesting to hear about your results.
[Reply]
cobra03 02:05 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by kickerb:
Thanks, I'm still pretty new to this home brewing thing.

Yesterday when I got home the fermentation process was slowing down (like it should), but I've got some odd looking stuff sitting on top. It's like whitish chunks. I wasnt sure if that is normal, or a sign on contamination.

Never heard of wet hopping, but I am interesting to hear about your results.
It sounds like just a normal part of the krausen (foam from the yeast) but with out seeing it its hard to say but it should be just fine.
[Reply]
kickerb 02:52 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by cobra03:
It sounds like just a normal part of the krausen (foam from the yeast) but with out seeing it its hard to say but it should be just fine.
Yeah, I think you are right. I checked today and those little clumps have dissipated. I tried to get a picture, but that proved difficult.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:11 AM 09-14-2013
Just transferred my experimental small batch "Backyard Brown" into secondary: it's an American brown ale with roasted acorns, rosemary, and wet-hopped with Cascades, all from my backyard.
[Reply]
cobra03 11:53 PM 09-14-2013
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Just transferred my experimental small batch "Backyard Brown" into secondary: it's an American brown ale with roasted acorns, rosemary, and wet-hopped with Cascades, all from my backyard.
Damn Gerard that sounds very interesting. Have to let us know how that turnes out.

I got to serve as a judge in a home brew competiton today. Very interesting time. Got a chance to try a few that were absolutly amazing. Wish i could buy them in the store.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 08:07 PM 10-19-2013
Brewed an Imperial Pumpkin Ale made with Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup and Dark Rum.
Probably wont be ready until Christmas but I am looking forward to it.
[Reply]
baust55 05:31 PM 10-20-2013
I need to brew before its to cold . I brew all grain usually 10 gal batchs
[Reply]
cricky101 08:37 PM 10-22-2013
I've got 5 gallons of an English bitter in the fermenter. Should be in the keg already but I've been lazy. Hopefully it'll be on the gas this weekend.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 04:30 AM 10-24-2013
A Munich Helles is bubbling away, should be ready on New Year's Day
[Reply]
Arval512 04:03 PM 10-26-2013
Just got into this hobby a couple weeks ago. I did some reading and started my first batch last weekend. I bought an ingredient kit from the local supply store and my first one will be an American wheat ale.

I thought I did enough research, holy ish was I wrong. Every step I took I had a question about that I felt I needed to do more research on.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 02:58 PM 11-02-2013
Today I kegged an Amber, transferred my Imperial Pumpkin onto some Kraken rum, and brewed a Nut Brown Ale
[Reply]
insurgus 04:10 PM 02-24-2014
Amber and a Pale. Getting stocked up for spring. :-)
[Reply]
RWhisenand 07:27 PM 03-01-2014
We just got 2 five gallon batches into the fermenter, one is a dark brown my wife picked out and the other is an IPA I picked. Hers is fermenting now, mine looks like it's trying, just not going crazy yet.
[Reply]
gravel 11:34 AM 03-06-2014
I bottled a 5 gal batch of coffee stout and a 5 gal batch of an anchor steam clone earlier this week. A 5 gal DIPA is in the primary right now and moving slow. I'll transfer it to secondary in two weeks, ferment for 9 weeks and then dry hop for one week before bottling that batch.
[Reply]
cobra03 12:51 AM 03-09-2014
Just put a Belgian IPA into the fermenter and shes slowly chugging along. my pantry where i keep it smells amazing. I have 2oz of citra that i need to use up so i think im going to dry hop it with them
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 02:09 PM 03-10-2014
Transfered an Amber Ale yesterday into the secondary with 2 oz. of Cascade
[Reply]
Page 66 of 70
« First < 1656646566 6768 > Last »
Up