Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 59 of 70
« First < 949575859 606169 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Homebrewers - Whats in the fermenter?
Salvelinus 08:14 PM 05-14-2012
Just put about 4.5 gallons of Berliner Weisse into bottles. Nice and tart, going to be killer over muddled raspberries on a hot summer day. I shot for 3 volumes of CO2 in the bottles, hope I don't wind up with a bunch of bombs...
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 06:50 AM 05-15-2012
Added my lemon zest to the Weisse and bottled my very promising chocolate vanilla coffee stout
[Reply]
cobra03 08:35 AM 05-15-2012
Got a nice stong IPA fermenting in the pantry. Smells awesome when you open the door.
[Reply]
Trace63 08:36 AM 05-15-2012
I have a mint lemongrass hefe and a Belgian Quad 154 IBU IPA fermenting, bottling this week
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:07 AM 05-16-2012
Added oak chips & bourbon to my imperial stout last night, need to let it sleep for about a month.

Have a Belgian Blond (another small batch) just finishing up primary fermentation, plan to rack over the weekend and dry hop with some dried Jasmine flowers from my yard. Should be ready in time for my daughter's birthday: when she was born, I brewed "Jackie's Jammin' Ale" to give to friends and families. She turns 18 in July, so I figured a "Jackie's Jasmine Ale" would be appropriate.

Bottled my Two-Hearted Ale clone over the weekend. The Bell's yeast gave me close to an 80% attenuation, way past my expectation, so I probably should have mashed a bit higher than 148. Hopefully it's not too dry, but it tasted great coming out of the secondary. :-)

Need to bottle MixMash#2 this weekend.

Next up is a Rosemary Saison, and I've planned to return to my brewing roots with one of my first ESB recipes that I found archived on an old hard drive.

And I had to buy two fermenters for my wife--she has 6.5gal of pinot noir taking up space in one of my bottles. Can't have that!

Been a busy time around Castle Hollow Brewery... :-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 09:14 AM 05-16-2012
I have been on a Saison kick, so I brewed up a 2nd 5gallon batch yesterday.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 09:20 AM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
I have been on a Saison kick, so I brewed up a 2nd 5gallon batch yesterday.
Which yeast are you using? Seems like everyone that did well at our competition had used Dupont dregs.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 07:14 PM 05-16-2012
I have not attempted to harvest yeast from a bottle yet. If I ever did, I think I would start with yeast from a bottle of BLVD Tank 7. For my last 2 Saisons I used Whitelabs WLP568 Belgian Saison Blend.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 05:08 AM 05-17-2012
I poked around a bit and I don't necessarily think it was dregs now. I guess WLP 565 is the Dupont strain as is Wyeast 3724. I hadn't realized that before.
[Reply]
Poronico 09:06 AM 05-17-2012
Bottled my Boss Porter and my Tooth Fairy Hef this morning. Gonna finish sighting in my bows then hit the lake... its gonna be a good day!
[Reply]
mmblz 05:37 PM 05-17-2012
midwest starter kit deal on groupon:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/midwest-homebrewing-albany
[Reply]
icantbejon 10:21 AM 05-21-2012
Just racked my saison into a keg after a week long cold crash. FG came in at 1.005...my little yeasties ate well. However, the brew came in at 8% abv....nearly 3% higher than the original recipe called for. Now I'm wondering how I'm going to finish off a whole keg of this joker. This is a night cap beer, certainly not the farmhouse ale I was going for.
[Reply]
icantbejon 10:38 AM 05-22-2012
Got some label work for my latest creations.

The label for my wicked strong saison.

with back label

And the Kolsch I made for my lovely wife.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 05:19 PM 05-22-2012
Awesome labels. It's hard enough for me to find time to bottle, let alone get creative with the labeling.
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 07:09 AM 05-29-2012
Brewed up my Scotch Oaked Ale on Sat, it should be around 8% ABV in about 6 months.

My Stout is finally ready to drink, it was brewed with 2 oz. of European Dark Chocolate, 2 Oz. Vanilla, and Nicaraugan Coffee at 4.4% ABV.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:28 AM 05-29-2012
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
I like this one Jon! :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 09:25 AM 05-31-2012
Thanks Shane...I was very happy with that one as well.

I got my first beer commissioning yesterday! Gonna brew a summer honey wheat ale for my friend to give his groomsmen as part of their wedding gift. Pretty cool in my opinion.
[Reply]
cobra03 01:23 PM 05-31-2012
Very nice jon. That reminds i have to check my IPA to see if its ready to bottle.
[Reply]
ktblunden 07:18 AM 06-01-2012
I've got a Wit and a Coffee Stout in my fermenters right now. Might try to bottle this weekend. On Monday I should be getting grains to do 3 different SMaSH's, but I'm not sure when I'll have the time to brew those. I got a temp controller wired up to the fridge in the garage, so now I'll have a stable ferm chamber, which is a good thing since the temperature outside is going up over 100 now.
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:41 AM 06-01-2012
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
I've got a Wit and a Coffee Stout in my fermenters right now. Might try to bottle this weekend. On Monday I should be getting grains to do 3 different SMaSH's, but I'm not sure when I'll have the time to brew those. I got a temp controller wired up to the fridge in the garage, so now I'll have a stable ferm chamber, which is a good thing since the temperature outside is going up over 100 now.
I converted my old chest freezer into a temp controlled unit for lagering and general fermenting. Probably the best thing I've done, outside of my kegerator, to assist in my brewing. Getting stable temps and being able to cold crash has been very helpful.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 70
« First < 949575859 606169 > Last »
Up