Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 149 of 270
« First < 4999139147148149 150151159199249 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
LasciviousXXX 08:55 AM 02-06-2012
Finally got around to using the new King Kooker bullet smoker. It was AMAZING! Smoked some Bratwurst at first to test it out and then threw on some beef ribs. It was a great day of smoking as I had some Russian River brews and a few great cigars to keep me company. Methinks I might be smoking every weekend :-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:35 AM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Finally got around to using the new King Kooker bullet smoker. It was AMAZING! Smoked some Bratwurst at first to test it out and then threw on some beef ribs. It was a great day of smoking as I had some Russian River brews and a few great cigars to keep me company. Methinks I might be smoking every weekend :-)
Nice. Before you know it, you'll be needing a larger belt. :-)

We cook beef ribs a lot because my girlfriend won't eat pork. On some special occassions we have purchased them from Von Hansons in Chandler and they are TERRIFIC, but cost a small fortune. Like $20 per rack. They are very good though because they are cut thick.
[Reply]
cricky101 11:05 AM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:

We cook beef ribs a lot because my girlfriend won't eat pork. On some special occassions we have purchased them from Von Hansons in Chandler and they are TERRIFIC, but cost a small fortune. Like $20 per rack. They are very good though because they are cut thick.
I've been wanting to try some beef ribs but at the grocery store meat counter they always look like they're all bone. Might have to stop into Von Hanson's to get a rack to test out.
[Reply]
T.G 11:32 AM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by cricky101:
I've been wanting to try some beef ribs but at the grocery store meat counter they always look like they're all bone. Might have to stop into Von Hanson's to get a rack to test out.
Ask the butcher to see a cryopack of ribs out of the freezer, for the larger chains it seems to be that typically it's the meat processing and packing facility that gouges out all the meat, but sometimes you get lucky.

$20 a rack? And from a real butcher / meat locker, and not a grocery store? That's cheap compared to out here.
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:18 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by steve:

Hoodie AND a flannel!!....musta got down to 65 in Florida...:-)
[Reply]
Steve 01:04 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Hoodie AND a flannel!!....musta got down to 65 in Florida...:-)
Right at 65* :-)

Remember Keith, it's not the temperature...it's the humidity :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 01:40 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by steve:
Right at 65* :-)

Remember Keith, it's not the temperature...it's the humidity :-)
:-):-).....just what I was thinking!!
[Reply]
jwintosh 02:00 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:

$20 a rack? And from a real butcher / meat locker, and not a grocery store? That's cheap compared to out here.
everything's cheap compared to out here!
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:37 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
I don't think they do the ribs there. Von Hanson's is a chain. I think the ribs come from some central processing plant somewhere. Also, the racks themselves are smaller even though there is more meat on the bone. It's like they cut them in half or something. Even still, the cuts are much nicer than what you get in the grocery store.
[Reply]
BengalMan 05:09 PM 02-06-2012
Well BGE came through on their warranty and approved the replacement of my Large BGE base. Got it ordered through my local dealer and it will hopefully be here Friday, then the egg will be back in action!
[Reply]
Steve 06:44 PM 02-06-2012
:-):-)
[Reply]
ucla695 07:02 AM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Well BGE came through on their warranty and approved the replacement of my Large BGE base. Got it ordered through my local dealer and it will hopefully be here Friday, then the egg will be back in action!
Good to hear they back their products!
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 07:24 AM 02-07-2012

I never knew about Von Hansons. Thank you! The only butcher I was aware of was the Butcher Shop in Central Phoenix and the Pork House in Queen Creek. I'll have to check them out and let you know what I think :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 07:38 AM 02-07-2012
If you are buying beef ribs in Phoenix from a place that's name doesn't make you roll at least one R you are doing it wrong. :-):
[Reply]
OLS 11:00 AM 02-07-2012
Just picked up a rack of beef ribs and a butt and some jerky meat out of the reduced rack at the Jiggly Piggly.
Turns out it was the Chee-wees making me fat, lol. I agree on the beef ribs though, I am not sure if it is in the
way they cut the ribeye away from the bone or that they gouge the meat out for stew meat or WHAT they do,
but beef ribs in a grocery store are a JOKE, an EXPENSIVE, BONY joke. Still at a .75 a bone, ehh, I tossed em
in the buggy.

I am going to season the butt and leave it in a ziplock all peppered up til the weekend. That ought to make for
a nice smoke on Friday night. It's a small cut. Those are the ones I like to smoke. I have an abundance of fresh
garlic too, so I might poke some toes into that butt. Sheesh, out of context, that sounds nasty.
[Reply]
jwintosh 01:42 PM 02-07-2012
gonna try my hand at a fatty tomorrow. gonna fill it with pepperoni, hard salami, jalepeno's, mozzerella, and a garlic tomato paste. sounds good!!
[Reply]
GodOfFire 07:05 PM 02-09-2012
Anyone know of a good website that talks about smoking and smoking different types of meet. Something like the barbecutpitboys site comes to mind. Is there anything like that out there?
[Reply]
jluck 07:21 PM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by jwintosh:
gonna try my hand at a fatty tomorrow. gonna fill it with pepperoni, hard salami, jalepeno's, mozzerella, and a garlic tomato paste. sounds good!!
I have done quite a bit of smoking and I'm not familiar with this? could you elaborate or pics/link. thanks.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:56 PM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
I have done quite a bit of smoking and I'm not familiar with this? could you elaborate or pics/link. thanks.
Here's a web page that can help you out some Jared:

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Fattys.htm

Adam (T.G) may have some additional information that he can throw your way:-)

[Reply]
T.G 08:01 PM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Here's a web page that can help you out some Jared:

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Fattys.htm

Adam (T.G) may have some additional information that he can throw your way:-)

Thanks Mark,

Lots of good ideas and concepts here:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...t=super+fattie
[Reply]
Page 149 of 270
« First < 4999139147148149 150151159199249 > Last »
Up