Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 8161718 19 >
Entertainment>Game of Thrones
Brutus2600 10:36 AM 06-05-2012
Originally Posted by Dukeuni:
Ugh, this series is driving me crazy since it misses so much from the book. Heck, the entire ending with Danerys was wrong- I thought in the book that she sells one of her dragons for a army of unsoiled, and then she has the dragon burn all of those "leaders" of the city, and then sacks the city with her new army of unsoilled. Am I wrong with that? Seems to me that they need to have the unsoiled army somehow placed int he series since it was a decent part of the book.
She goes to Qarth before she goes to Astapor to get her army of Unsullied in the books, so the show isn't wrong in that fact.

However, they have deviated SIGNIFICANTLY from the books with the Qarth storyline. I'm hoping they get back on track with the Astapor/Unsullied storyline, I really liked it.
[Reply]
Dukeuni 03:09 PM 06-05-2012
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
She goes to Qarth before she goes to Astapor to get her army of Unsullied in the books, so the show isn't wrong in that fact.

However, they have deviated SIGNIFICANTLY from the books with the Qarth storyline. I'm hoping they get back on track with the Astapor/Unsullied storyline, I really liked it.
Ah, I knew I was missing something! Thanks for setting it straight, and for fixing the names I have done- unsoiled vs. unsullied.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:57 PM 06-10-2012
lol @unsoiled :-)
[Reply]
DBall 05:59 AM 06-11-2012
In the audiobooks, Ray Dotrice pronounced it un-solid...
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:16 AM 06-11-2012
I caught one of the last episodes of the season on free HBO yesterday... Made no sense to me, because I never watched the show before! :-)

Reminded me of Lord of the Rings meets the Walking Dead! :-)
[Reply]
OLS 05:49 PM 06-12-2012
That's funny you should say that Sky, in that the last scene made me sarcastically remark to no one but myself,
"Dang, are zombies SO popular that we have to end season two of GOT with a zombie horde?" Love the show,
but wtf?
[Reply]
Brutus2600 06:04 PM 06-12-2012
To be fair the book with that scene was written in 2000, and the Others are pretty specifically "frozen winter zombies" just with a different name, so I'm not so sure it was cashing in on zombie popularity so much as just a coincidence :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:55 PM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
That's funny you should say that Sky, in that the last scene made me sarcastically remark to no one but myself,
"Dang, are zombies SO popular that we have to end season two of GOT with a zombie horde?" Love the show,
but wtf?
Oh! So the zombie thing is new! I may have to get HBO!:-)

Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
To be fair the book with that scene was written in 2000, and the Others are pretty specifically "frozen winter zombies" just with a different name, so I'm not so sure it was cashing in on zombie popularity so much as just a coincidence :-)
Zombies are nothing new, however it doesn't hurt to throw them in for good measure!:-)
[Reply]
OLS 08:37 AM 06-13-2012
Haha, I know they aren't playing the zombie card....but I had to say it. Interesting that Season 2 ends about the
way Season 1 Started.

Before I ever saw a show, I looked up G.O.T. on the yousetube and saw the first scene of the first episode where the
guys get overwhelmed by the WWs. I was HOOKED! But I had no idea that it was the very first scene. Once I saw
that scene play out after popping in the Episode 1 DVD, I was like "Oh yeah, it's ON now.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 08:45 AM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Haha, I know they aren't playing the zombie card....but I had to say it. Interesting that Season 2 ends about the
way Season 1 Started.

Before I ever saw a show, I looked up G.O.T. on the yousetube and saw the first scene of the first episode where the
guys get overwhelmed by the WWs. I was HOOKED! But I had no idea that it was the very first scene. Once I saw
that scene play out after popping in the Episode 1 DVD, I was like "Oh yeah, it's ON now.
Yeah, I kind of like how the entire series is started out with the WW's but then completely focuses on other stuff. It kind of puts you in the mindset of most of the people in the book, which is "eh, there's all this other stuff going on, we don't need to worry about fairy tales" and then suddenly it's like "BAM - SHOULD'VE LISTENED TO THE WARNINGS!" :-)

I think there is going to be some major poop going down up north and it will be a pretty big focus in the next couple books that will make the struggle for the throne seem small in comparison.
[Reply]
OLS 01:08 PM 12-14-2012
When the hell is this coming BACK on again???
[Reply]
kickerb 01:22 PM 12-14-2012
3-31-13
[Reply]
OLS 01:48 PM 12-14-2012
Might as well be 2049...
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:48 AM 02-24-2016
Reviving an old thread since there wasn't one for the last season.

Interesting theory for this upcoming season - http://www.businessinsider.com/game-...15-5?r=UK&IR=T
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:00 AM 02-24-2016
I've never put much stock into the Cleganebowl theory...but I admit it would be great to see.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 02:26 PM 02-24-2016
That is an interesting theory. I'm pretty excited for the new season.:-)
[Reply]
markem 04:08 PM 04-18-2016
I read the books but haven't gotten in to the series. But for those that have ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wro0VE6i-XM

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7h1PRL-oTo
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:19 PM 04-18-2016
Very cool!
[Reply]
mahtofire14 08:57 PM 04-18-2016
Can't wait for Sunday!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:11 PM 08-29-2022
Reviving this thread. Anyone else watching the new House of the Dragon series?
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 8161718 19 >
Up