Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 85 of 199
« First < 3575838485 868795135185 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:35 AM 01-05-2019
Those EC grenades are awesome
[Reply]
icehog3 08:35 AM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Those EC grenades are awesome
They certainly are! :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:12 PM 01-05-2019
Amazing lamb shank for dinner finished with Bookers 2018 bourbon and creme brûlée for dessert. Bourbon and creme brûlée was an amazing pairing.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:32 AM 01-06-2019
Some more Elijah Craig Barrel Select.
[Reply]
dijit 09:05 AM 01-06-2019
Once this hellday is over it will be Blantons and a cigar to close the day out.
[Reply]
big a 01:22 PM 01-07-2019
Glad to see some action here again. Me and a couple guys at work have been drinking Rabbit Hole. It runs around $50 a bottle here, but we all have enjoyed it.

Scored a bottle of Red and Green Weller that i am waiting to try. I got tired of searching up here so don't often find them. Anything out of buffalo trace seems to fly off the shelves. Eagle rare is about the best I have scored.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:59 PM 01-11-2019
Sipping some Knob creek single barrel selected by Binnys
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:02 PM 01-11-2019
[Reply]
Flynnster 09:13 PM 01-11-2019
As an ex-Chicago resident I miss Binny's in my life!

For this thread, I've always been a fan of the New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon, and as a Rye fan I got excited about the Rye variety. Sadly, not on the same level. It has a level of sweetened that almost seems fake, and some off flavors, like someone mixed a touch of beer into the bourbon.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:50 PM 01-11-2019
Sipping some Knob creek single barrel selected by Binnys
The Elijah Craig Small Batch bought apparently has that distinction too, I didn't realize that was a thing. :-)

Originally Posted by Flynnster:
As an ex-Chicago resident I miss Binny's in my life!

For this thread, I've always been a fan of the New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon, and as a Rye fan I got excited about the Rye variety. Sadly, not on the same level. It has a level of sweetened that almost seems fake, and some off flavors, like someone mixed a touch of beer into the bourbon.
That's a shame. Is the bourbon made by New Holland, or just using New Holland beer in it? I'll have to see if they distribute the original version in Chicago and give it a try.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:30 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The Elijah Craig Small Batch bought apparently has that distinction too, I didn't realize that was a thing. :-)
Yes sir! They are usually called “store picks”. Larger liquor stores will hand pick single barrel selections of an already existing product, for example Weller Antique 107, Knob Creek, Eagle Rare, blantons, Russels, 4Rs, ect. Store picks are almost always a step up in my opinion.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:10 AM 01-12-2019
Yes sir! They are usually called “store picks”. Larger liquor stores will hand pick single barrel selections of an already existing product, for example Weller Antique 107, Knob Creek, Eagle Rare, blantons, Russels, 4Rs, ect. Store picks are almost always a step up in my opinion.
Thanks Nate, I learn something new every day. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:43 AM 01-12-2019
We've got a place down here, Maisano's, that does this. Every one of their's that I've had has been great.
[Reply]
Flynnster 08:52 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:

That's a shame. Is the bourbon made by New Holland, or just using New Holland beer in it? I'll have to see if they distribute the original version in Chicago and give it a try.
They for sure have the "Beer Barrel Bourbon" in Chicago, it's different due to the aging, but it's something I like to keep around. As far as I can tell they make their own, unless they are really great at hiding that fact. The barrels are first used for bourbon, then one of their stouts, and then back to bourbon (although I guess that technically makes it not a true bourbon).
[Reply]
icehog3 08:33 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
They for sure have the "Beer Barrel Bourbon" in Chicago, it's different due to the aging, but it's something I like to keep around. As far as I can tell they make their own, unless they are really great at hiding that fact. The barrels are first used for bourbon, then one of their stouts, and then back to bourbon (although I guess that technically makes it not a true bourbon).
Excellent, thank you! I am officially on the "lookout". :-)
[Reply]
Damian 12:00 PM 02-03-2019
Being that it’s Super Bowl Sunday I got a little head start today. :-)

Old Forester 1920, a very smooth high proof bourbon and so far, my favorite from OF’s Whiskey Row series.
Quickly becoming one of my preferred sipping whiskeys.

[Reply]
icehog3 12:27 AM 02-04-2019
Sounds like a winner, Damian. :-)
[Reply]
Damian 05:58 PM 02-04-2019
Tonight I went with some Willet Pot Still Reaerve.

One of my favorites but no matter how many times I rub the bottle...the 1965 version of Barbara Eden has yet to show up.

A guy can dream though.

[Reply]
Rock Star 10:23 PM 02-06-2019
been sipping on eagle rare, buff trace, rittenhouse, four roses and coopers in rotation lately. all cheap but good for everyday after work drinks
[Reply]
icehog3 10:47 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Rock Star:
been sipping on eagle rare, buff trace, rittenhouse, four roses and coopers in rotation lately. all cheap but good for everyday after work drinks
You and me need to be sippin' on some bourbon together in May, My Brotha. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 85 of 199
« First < 3575838485 868795135185 > Last »
Up