Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 137 of 199
« First < 3787127135136137 138139147187 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 10:51 AM 06-25-2021
Killed a Canadian rye in honor of the Canadiens' victory last night.

[Reply]
longknocker 12:04 PM 06-25-2021
Thanks, All!:-):-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:42 PM 06-25-2021
Visiting in-laws and picked this up at their B&M. Never tried it before but the price was right.

[Reply]
longknocker 06:04 PM 06-25-2021
They Just Put Out "3" Bottles Of Knob Creek 120 Proof! Got One For $55!!!:-):-):-)

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:03 PM 06-25-2021
Nice grab, Greg, never been disappointed by a KC.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:18 AM 06-26-2021
Excellent Greg! :-)

Let us know how the WW is, James.
[Reply]
jledou 08:11 PM 06-26-2021
Interested to see what you think James, I picked up a bottle about a month when it came more available in KC ago but have not tried it yet.

Watch around you Greg, I was able to pickup a bottle of OF 1920 here a few weeks ago for less than $50 in KC (Kansas tax is high) from a store that does one day discounts on Fridays. I didn't know about it until I signed up for the news letter.

On more to the list <$50 Four Roses Single Barrell is mostly available and a solid pickup.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:56 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by jledou:

On more to the list <$50 Four Roses Single Barrell is mostly available and a solid pickup.
I’ve been told that by a few friends also.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:29 AM 06-27-2021
Thanks, Again, Everyone! :-) Keep The Suggestions Flowing!:-)
[Reply]
stearns 09:57 AM 06-28-2021
Knob Creek picks! Just got back from Vegas, everywhere had a KC pick and they were all the cheapest thing on the menu, $14 for a big pour of 120 proof when other drinks are $25 is a stupid steal, I've never run across one that didn't taste at least "good" if not "great+"

Don't have much to add that others haven't said, if you can get some young MGP (4-5 years) in that price range you won't be disappointed but those are getting to be harder to find, at least without some sort of premium on it.

Love me some Four Roses, I prefer the barrel strength picks but they're getting impossible to find as well (or crazy expensive). The regular 100 proof single barrel is a solid choice though, I tried a couple not too long ago and was really impressed with how different the profiles were, I had always looked past that one but am now convinced it's a really solid pour :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 10:30 AM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by stearns:
Knob Creek picks! Just got back from Vegas, everywhere had a KC pick and they were all the cheapest thing on the menu, $14 for a big pour of 120 proof when other drinks are $25 is a stupid steal, I've never run across one that didn't taste at least "good" if not "great+"

Don't have much to add that others haven't said, if you can get some young MGP (4-5 years) in that price range you won't be disappointed but those are getting to be harder to find, at least without some sort of premium on it.

Love me some Four Roses, I prefer the barrel strength picks but they're getting impossible to find as well (or crazy expensive). The regular 100 proof single barrel is a solid choice though, I tried a couple not too long ago and was really impressed with how different the profiles were, I had always looked past that one but am now convinced it's a really solid pour :-)
Thanks, Ben!:-):-) So Four Roses Single Barrel Is A Good Every Day, But Barrel Strength Is Better If I Can Find It???
[Reply]
stearns 10:37 AM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Thanks, Ben!:-):-) So Four Roses Single Barrel Is A Good Every Day, But Barrel Strength Is Better If I Can Find It???
In my opinion, yes. Things get deep fast when it comes to the barrel strength picks (they have 10 recipes, and 6 different floors they store on with higher floors typically being higher proof, and each combination of those produces a different profile) but if you can get one for under ~$90 (SRP) then the rest doesn't really matter. On the secondary market they usually start around $120+ and go up to $400+ for the right recipe and proof. I've tried all the recipes a couple times and in general the only thing you could discern between them blind is whether it's high rye ("B" recipes) or low rye ("E" recipes), the rest is all about how that specific single barrel tastes. For comparison, the 100 proof single barrels are all the same recipe (OBSV) and while they come from different floors/tiers, they are all watered down to the same 100 proof
[Reply]
stearns 10:39 AM 06-28-2021
These are the 10 recipes, in general the descriptions are fine but when it comes to single barrels the original mash bill and yeast is only one small part of what influences the final taste profile

[Reply]
longknocker 12:21 PM 06-28-2021
Wow, Ben! Too Complicated For My Senior Mind!:-):-):-). I Found This:
Hopefully It's A Good One For Around $60.

[Reply]
stearns 12:29 PM 06-28-2021
I like the small batch select a lot, I always keep one around. It's a blend of 6 of their recipes (a balance of high rye and lower rye recipes) aged 6-7 years. Nice pickup!

FYI - Four roses posts a lot of detail about their offerings on their website: https://fourrosesbourbon.com/bourbon...-batch-select/
[Reply]
longknocker 02:52 PM 06-28-2021
I like the small batch select a lot, I always keep one around. It's a blend of 6 of their recipes (a balance of high rye and lower rye recipes) aged 6-7 years. Nice pickup!

FYI - Four roses posts a lot of detail about their offerings on their website: https://fourrosesbourbon.com/bourbon...-batch-select/
Thanks, Ben! :-) Great Info!:-)
[Reply]
stearns 02:53 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Thanks, Ben! :-) Great Info!:-)
Extreme transparency is part of the reason I love Four Roses :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:25 PM 06-28-2021
One More Question: Any Decent Bourbons I Can Buy For "Every Day" That Are Less Than $50/Bottle???
[Reply]
stearns 03:32 PM 06-28-2021
My everyday's include Buffalo Trace store picks ($25), Elijah Craig/Larceny store picks ($35), Early Times Bottled in Bond ($25), regular Knob Creek ($35), Rebel/Ezra store picks ($40). There are probably a few others but those are the ones I keep around off the top of my head
[Reply]
longknocker 04:20 PM 06-28-2021
My everyday's include Buffalo Trace store picks ($25), Elijah Craig/Larceny store picks ($35), Early Times Bottled in Bond ($25), regular Knob Creek ($35), Rebel/Ezra store picks ($40). There are probably a few others but those are the ones I keep around off the top of my head
Thanks, My Friend!:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 137 of 199
« First < 3787127135136137 138139147187 > Last »
Up