Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 34 > Last »
General Discussion>Another tragedy strikes CA
RevSmoke 08:00 PM 03-06-2019
Wow!

Prayers ascend for Mac's family... And for all those who loved and cared for him, including the CA community floored by this tragedy.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
T.G 08:28 PM 03-06-2019
WTF? I'm stunned.

My condolences to Kelli and all of those who knew him.
[Reply]
Brian D. 08:49 PM 03-06-2019
Just now saw this. So sorry to read it.
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:09 AM 03-07-2019
Spent the night with Mac and Kellie on my mind. I definitely cried a little, but I mostly laughed, which is a testament to the type of person Mac was.

He was one of the first people I really connected with here.
There is a B&M, that rolls their own cigars close by, and, surprise, Mac liked the maduros.
After finding out he was a fan, in true CA fashion, I packed up and sent my first bomb.
I included a nice little letter, and below my signature I wrote P.S. David Wright is gay.
He got a huge kick out of that, and it really was the catalyst to our friendship as it seemed to blossom from there.

Like many a newbie, I also received my first bomb from Mac, or as he called it, sMACk sauce. His generosity knew no limits, and he truly enjoyed sharing with other BOTLs.
One time while he was at my house, he found out that a new guy was coming over for his first herf. Mac sent the word out and organized the poor bastids destruction. The newb was gifted full boxes of cigars, a full travel humidor, and just 5er after 5er. So much stuff it left him looking like a deer in the headlights, and Mac had as much delight watching it go down as the guy on the receiving end.

There's so many things I'm going to miss about Mac. Our yearly call to each other right before the baseball season starts when he was full of hope for his Mets, and the follow up call 3 weeks later when they were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. :-)
The in season texts, his hatred of CCs, the doily, the "Maduro Whore" tag line, his colorblindness, his war stories, and his friendship.

Until we meet again, brother.
[Reply]
hotreds 05:30 AM 03-07-2019
Nicely put, Dom! When I saw the phone number calling me I was concerned because I normally don't get calls from Les. But, I was totally floored when I was told what happened. Mac was a special guy, a larger than life personality with a constant twinkle in his eye. He will be greatly missed by not only his family, but also by his many BOTL and SOTL everywhere!
[Reply]
Apoco 05:56 AM 03-07-2019
Oof. Mac will be heavily missed.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:02 AM 03-07-2019
So young, so sad. RIP.

Any memorial set up?
[Reply]
Remo 06:13 AM 03-07-2019
Terrible news, RIP brother. Thoughts to Kelli and all his friends and family.
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:03 AM 03-07-2019
I'm stunned… My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:24 AM 03-07-2019
I am at a loss for words. Just a great guy. I'm stunned.

Prayers for Kelli, friends and family.
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:31 AM 03-07-2019
I'm truly at a loss for words...Just "broke balls" with him a few days ago....good natured "Mets suck" texts after the Phillies signed Harper....many great memories, all of which bring a smile in these sad times....RIP my brother
[Reply]
longknocker 07:39 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Spent the night with Mac and Kellie on my mind. I definitely cried a little, but I mostly laughed, which is a testament to the type of person Mac was.

He was one of the first people I really connected with here.
There is a B&M, that rolls their own cigars close by, and, surprise, Mac liked the maduros.
After finding out he was a fan, in true CA fashion, I packed up and sent my first bomb.
I included a nice little letter, and below my signature I wrote P.S. David Wright is gay.
He got a huge kick out of that, and it really was the catalyst to our friendship as it seemed to blossom from there.

Like many a newbie, I also received my first bomb from Mac, or as he called it, sMACk sauce. His generosity knew no limits, and he truly enjoyed sharing with other BOTLs.
One time while he was at my house, he found out that a new guy was coming over for his first herf. Mac sent the word out and organized the poor bastids destruction. The newb was gifted full boxes of cigars, a full travel humidor, and just 5er after 5er. So much stuff it left him looking like a deer in the headlights, and Mac had as much delight watching it go down as the guy on the receiving end.

There's so many things I'm going to miss about Mac. Our yearly call to each other right before the baseball season starts when he was full of hope for his Mets, and the follow up call 3 weeks later when they were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. :-)
The in season texts, his hatred of CCs, the doily, the "Maduro Whore" tag line, his colorblindness, his war stories, and his friendship.

Until we meet again, brother.
Thanks For Sharing This, Dom. No One Could Say It Better.
[Reply]
stearns 07:43 AM 03-07-2019
****... used to drive down to newport news on the weekend in college just to herf at his house with the local crew, laughing at his stories of which MLB player was cool and which was an asshole when he would ask for a signature for his wall of signed baseballs

this really ****ing sucks :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:41 AM 03-07-2019
****, this took the breath out of me. I never met him in person, but I have chatted with him many times on here.

This is a huge loss. RIP buddy.
[Reply]
Scottw 08:44 AM 03-07-2019
RIP Mac, beyond tragic news
[Reply]
icehog3 08:53 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Thanks For Sharing This, Dom. No One Could Say It Better.
Agreed. Thank you, Dom.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:57 AM 03-07-2019
I can’t even believe it. Well these a suck feeling for you. Rest In Peace, brother.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:02 AM 03-07-2019
RIP Mac. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I’m Glad you shared that Dom.
[Reply]
massphatness 09:04 AM 03-07-2019
I am floored. And speechless. And cannot fathom this.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 09:33 AM 03-07-2019
I was at work when I got the text from Dom last night and had to go outside to catch my breathe. Way too soon to lose such a good guy. Thoughts and prayers to Kelli and family.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 34 > Last »
Up