Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 23 > Last »
Sports>Super Bowl Predictions
RevSmoke 10:11 AM 01-07-2017
OK, just for snickers and grins, who are your picks for the 2 teams to play in Super Bowl?

And, what is your prediction for score?

Steelers 24 - Packers 27
[Reply]
icehog3 10:51 AM 01-07-2017
Steelers 347, Packers -3 :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 11:38 AM 01-07-2017
Giants 1, Pats forfeit.
[Reply]
Greentud 11:44 AM 01-07-2017
Patriots 23 Falcons 12
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:46 AM 01-07-2017
Seahawks 21 Chiefs 17
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:49 AM 01-07-2017
Raiders 12 (all FGs) Someone Else 77 (all TD passes over 30 yards)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:33 PM 01-07-2017
Seriously you guys? I know we all have our favorites, but let's try to make some serious predictions.

I think the Steelers are going in hot right now. I think the easily beat the Dolphins, they are ashamed of the earlier game. They go into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs a second time. And of course, they face off against the Patriots. I have a feeling they come out on top.

As for the Packers, yes, I am a Packers fan, but...
Ely has come into Green Bay and done it before, this time I think that GB says, "Not in our house!" I see the Lions beating Seattle because they are more hungry. The Cowboys beat the Lions, Atlanta cannot overcome Rodgers. And in Dallas, experience beats the rookies.

This is the recipe for why I believe it is Steelers/Packers in Super Bowl.
[Reply]
shilala 01:58 PM 01-07-2017
I've got my Steeler vs. anyone.
They have a long road between here and the dance, though.
They're healthy. That's big.
If they stay healthy and can get through NE without getting their secondary completely disassembled, I don't think they'll have trouble with anyone they meet in the Super Bowl.
I'd like for it to be Green Bay because they're always an injury or two away from it being curtains.

It's just tough for me to see yet, Todd.
After this week's games and getting a look at the play, let's revisit this.
I think all 4 home teams are going to take the wins, New York and Green Bay being the best game.
Pittsburgh and Miami being the most frustrating. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:15 PM 01-07-2017
Not in our house, Todd? Seriously? Seems to me the last two playoff head-to-heads at Lambeau went to Big Blue, not Green-and-Gold. That means nothing tomorrow, but nothing either way. Don't be surprised if the Giants win, then fly back home to celebrate off the NJ Turnpike at the Vince Lombardi Service Area. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:44 PM 01-07-2017
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Not in our house, Todd? Seriously? Seems to me the last two playoff head-to-heads at Lambeau went to Big Blue, not Green-and-Gold. That means nothing tomorrow, but nothing either way. Don't be surprised if the Giants win, then fly back home to celebrate off the NJ Turnpike at the Vince Lombardi Service Area. :-)
I know the history, that's why I think that they are going in with a new attitude of "not-this-time". I must admit, that of all the teams we could have faced, this one worries me the most (as a Packer fan).

By the way, I am not picking the Packers because I want to Packers to be the team, it is a calculated guess based upon what I see as the teams in the play-offs.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:45 PM 01-07-2017
Originally Posted by shilala:
I've got my Steeler vs. anyone.
They have a long road between here and the dance, though.
They're healthy. That's big.
If they stay healthy and can get through NE without getting their secondary completely disassembled, I don't think they'll have trouble with anyone they meet in the Super Bowl.
I'd like for it to be Green Bay because they're always an injury or two away from it being curtains.

It's just tough for me to see yet, Todd.
After this week's games and getting a look at the play, let's revisit this.
I think all 4 home teams are going to take the wins, New York and Green Bay being the best game.
Pittsburgh and Miami being the most frustrating. :-)
Hey, I get that. The whole point of this exercise is to make a prediction here and see where it will fall out in the end. That's the fun of it!

Take a risk, make a prediction.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:53 PM 01-07-2017
AFC
Wild Card Weekend Steelers 22 - Dolphins 16 & Texans 24 - Raiders 17
Division Round Weekend Steelers 31 - Chiefs 17 & Patriots 42 - Texans 20
Conference Championship Steelers 38 - Patriots 34

NFC
Wild Card Weekend Packers 34 - Giants 31 & Lions 27 - Seahawks 24
Division Round Weekend Packers 41 - Falcons 38 & Cowboys 31 - Lions 20
Conference Championship Packers 24 - Cowboys 21

Which brings us to the Super Bowl
Steelers 24 - Packers 27
[Reply]
shilala 03:02 PM 01-07-2017
I gotta go Steelers 21 Packers 12, or Steelers 32 Dallas 13.
Either is equally possible to me right now, but my "get past the Pats" mojo ain't what it should be. Yet.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 05:54 PM 01-07-2017
serious predictions New England 27 Packers 21
[Reply]
longknocker 06:01 PM 01-07-2017
Cowboys 31/ Patriots 24.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:27 PM 01-07-2017
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
AFC
Wild Card Weekend Texans 24 - Raiders 17
Ooops, had the 4 & 7 reversed. Texans 27 - Raiders 14 FINAL
[Reply]
shilala 07:04 PM 01-07-2017
Amazing catch by Richardson.
Big men make big plays in big games. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:25 PM 01-07-2017
Originally Posted by shilala:
Amazing catch by Richardson.
Big men make big plays in big games. :-)
Yeah, as he had his fingers buried in the facemask of the defender, yanking his head around. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:49 PM 01-07-2017
When I watch the progression of the play, the facemask is defensive reaction.
As in the only opportunity for Richardson to make the play after being totally molested.
There's no way, at full speed, he could have had any idea what he did.
Nor did anyone else in the stadium or in New York. In real time it was so fast it was nothing.
It took a whole period for the talking heads to discover it and make a point of it.

Good penalty to take right there for Detroit, because the defense was clearly beat for an easy td.
At least they'd have had chance to stop the score.

I liked the no call there, and I don't have a dog in the fight.
My thinking that the first penalty caused the second one, and it was inadvertant.

There's 7:30 left in the 4th and Detroit has been in this till just a few minutes ago.
No matter how we slice it, Detroit made a quality showing against a juggernaut.
I'd like to see a garbage td just so the record books show 19-13.
Detroit had a solid season and solid playoff game to build on.
I stand impressed, Rev. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:09 PM 01-07-2017
Was just stirring the pot. I think it was a good "no call" as well.

I am impressed with how Seattle played tonight. I really did expect the Lions to do better. Although, as you say, they were in it all the way. The score is not indicative of the closeness of the game.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 23 > Last »
Up