Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 90 of 196
« First < 4080888990 9192100140190 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
big a 04:18 PM 10-07-2019
Tom, i was reading back and noticed where you got a bottle of basil Dark Rye. Have you tried it yet? I have had the regular Basil and i was not a fan of it at all.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:29 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by big a:
Tom, i was reading back and noticed where you got a bottle of basil Dark Rye. Have you tried it yet? I have had the regular Basil and i was not a fan of it at all.
It took the BH Dark Rye and a couple other finished ryes for me to realize I am NOT a fan of finished bourbons. I would definitely not recommend the Dark Rye unless you are a fan of finished bourbons and port. :-)
[Reply]
big a 07:26 PM 10-07-2019
Good to know, I can't say that I am one way or the other with those yet. Will have to experiment with them more.

Drinking something from the decanter tonight... I forget what I put in it but I'm 75% sure it is rabbit hole.
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:08 AM 10-08-2019
I actually liked the dark rye, but I'm a big fan of port...not an everyday drinker of the dark rye, but a bottle of it around for a change of pace drink suits me well...also think it goes really well with a nice cigar!....The finished bourbons can be hit or miss...like scotches finished in other barrels, like sherry, etc....but I like Sherry, she was a good time...

:-)
[Reply]
Black Coral 08:08 AM 10-08-2019
Picked up some bottles of smooth ambler 13 year that just got released. Butterscotch starting nose and flavor couple cubes and little air and wow it is great
[Reply]
icehog3 09:17 AM 10-08-2019
Keith, Sherry got a sister? :-)

John, that sounds purty darn good.

Last night's pours, changed it up on the second and did a little 18 year Jameson.

[Reply]
BigAsh 09:31 AM 10-08-2019
Irish whiskey always gets overlooked!...I like some BlackBush...(Tees up softball for Murph....)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:36 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Irish whiskey always gets overlooked!...I like some BlackBush...(Tees up softball for Murph....)
Been a while, Keith. :-)

The Jameson 18 Year Select is amazing. Bought it in 2007 and didn't crack in until this year. Wish it continued to age in the bottle. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:18 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Been a while, Keith. :-)

The Jameson 18 Year Select is amazing. Bought it in 2007 and didn't crack in until this year. Wish it continued to age in the bottle. :-)
That it is. It may be my favorite whiskey, period. I even prefer it to the Midleton bottlings (which, if you look closely at my avatar, that's what's in my hand). One of the best comparisons between 18-year Jameson and Midleton I ever read was a reviewer who wrote "Midleton is the bottle you have on your bar to impress your friends. Jameson 18-Year is the bottle you have to savor every drop."
[Reply]
icehog3 03:35 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
That it is. It may be my favorite whiskey, period. I even prefer it to the Midleton bottlings (which, if you look closely at my avatar, that's what's in my hand). One of the best comparisons between 18-year Jameson and Midleton I ever read was a reviewer who wrote "Midleton is the bottle you have on your bar to impress your friends. Jameson 18-Year is the bottle you have to savor every drop."
Glad to find a kindred spirit, James! I like the comparison. And of course, in 2007 the 18 year was much less expensive than the Middleton's. Not the xase any more.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:28 AM 10-09-2019

Last nights pour.
[Reply]
big a 04:22 PM 10-09-2019
I am on the struggle bus to upload pictures anymore. anyway i picked up a michters small batch, Mckenna 10 year single barrel, and booker shinny barrel today. Which to open first...
[Reply]
icehog3 05:19 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by big a:
I am on the struggle bus to upload pictures anymore. anyway i picked up a michters small batch, Mckenna 10 year single barrel, and booker shinny barrel today. Which to open first...
I use imgur.com for pictures, Alan, free and easy.

Not familiar with Booker Shinny Barrel, please tell us more.
[Reply]
big a 06:02 AM 10-10-2019
I use imgur.com for pictures, Alan, free and easy.

Not familiar with Booker Shinny Barrel, please tell us more.
Booker is a barrel strength bourbon in the Jim Beam Family. The master distiller focuses on the sweet spots of the racks and comes out with a couple releases every year. I am just getting back into the smaller batch bourbons but i believe they have all been up in the 120+ proof. :-) They also have Little book which i believe is just released once a year.

When in KY a couple weeks ago we did a tour at Jim Beam. There i was able to try some and with an ice cube really enjoyed it. I have to add that i have a soft spot for jim beam as it is the bourbon that really got me into bourbon. It will probably sit on the shelf until i work my way back up to the higher stuff and/or find another bottle of it.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:43 AM 10-10-2019
Thanks Andrew. Never seen anything but regular Blanton's on the shelves here, an that's few and f a r between.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 01:58 PM 10-10-2019
Great choice in both leaf and libation! Well done. :-)

Keith, Sherry got a sister? :-)

John, that sounds purty darn good.

Last night's pours, changed it up on the second and did a little 18 year Jameson.

[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 02:51 PM 10-10-2019
Last year on my birthday, my lovely wife bought me two shots of this...
Problem is, I liked it. Found these two bottles in Georgia.
Wanted $2500 a bottle. AIN'T NO WAY

[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 03:11 PM 10-10-2019
[Reply]
icehog3 10:20 AM 10-11-2019
Joe, I'd love to have a bottle of ORVW too, but 2.5K for the 10 year? F that noise, Man. :-)

[Reply]
Steve 02:06 PM 10-11-2019
[Reply]
Page 90 of 196
« First < 4080888990 9192100140190 > Last »
Up