Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Looking for a good cutter and lighter
The camaro show 05:46 PM 11-24-2018
So I know this is wrong but I use a bic lighter and a knife to light and cut my cigars. I really need a cutter and a cigar lighter something on the cheaper side but that will last. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
Remo 05:47 PM 11-24-2018
Xikar is having a sale right now, can’t go wrong with that. Eagle torches are good and cheap, Palio cutters are awesome. Check eBay.
[Reply]
markem 05:51 PM 11-24-2018
The quality for Palio, since Marc sold the company, isn’t there.

I suggest that you go to your local cigar shop, or use this as an excuse for a road trip, and handle a few different styles. Find one that works well for you and then a cheaper model of the same design.

Butane torch lighters are ugh better than a Bic style or matches and work better in all conditions. I advise the same approach as with cutters. Multiple flames look cool but birth the fuel really fast.
[Reply]
The Poet 06:10 PM 11-24-2018
Check local Walgreens or Walmart for Ronson Jetlite butane torch lighters. Will cost you about 6 bucks and work as well as ones 5 times more expensive.
[Reply]
Scottw 06:21 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Check local Walgreens or Walmart for Ronson Jetlite butane torch lighters. Will cost you about 6 bucks and work as well as ones 5 times more expensive.
Yup! I have like 6 of these things and they are great
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:38 PM 11-24-2018
Or eagle torches

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Lighter...torch+lighters
[Reply]
The camaro show 07:09 PM 11-24-2018
good to know, I haven't seen any cutters or cigar lighters at my local tobacco shop but I also haven't asked so ill look
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 07:28 PM 11-24-2018
You might want to try a cigar punch also before making a lot of decisions. I use a Xikar punch on most cigars and a xikar cutter on those where it isn't practical.
[Reply]
markem 07:35 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by The camaro show:
good to know, I haven't seen any cutters or cigar lighters at my local tobacco shop but I also haven't asked so ill look
Walgreens and Walmart are good places for lighters and butane fuel, btw.
[Reply]
The camaro show 07:38 PM 11-24-2018
ill look there too!
[Reply]
Black Coral 12:16 AM 11-25-2018
Xikar scissors and torch depends on travel or just for local. My suggestion
[Reply]
dijit 04:28 AM 11-25-2018
Most cigar shops have cheap single blade cutters that work great and are under $10. Vertigo has some good triple flame torches that are under $10 as well and seem to last pretty well. Eventually you will want to get a more permanent twin blade cutter or punch. Palio, Xikar, or Collibri are great choices and can usually be found on sale for $20 to $30.
[Reply]
The camaro show 04:56 AM 11-25-2018
Thanks everyone!
[Reply]
Up