Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>CCs that taste like NCs
markem 11:06 AM 05-08-2009
I find that I've become a CC poseur (aficionado). However, sometimes I miss the straightforward flavor of an NC stick. What CCs can I buy that allow be to be a snob but still satisfy my secret lusting for NC goodness?
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:09 AM 05-08-2009
Cohiba it's the Cuban Gurkha. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 11:09 AM 05-08-2009
None IMHO.

I find cc's to be dland and hard to draw.....just my take.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 11:14 AM 05-08-2009
I love me some CCs... but I gotta keep some DPG sticks around as well. I love that spicy goodness of a 601, a DPG blue or black, a 5 Vegas Miami, or a Padilla Signature 1932. I just don't see me not wanting one of those in the rotation.
[Reply]
Hardcz 11:34 AM 05-08-2009
Saint Luis Rey's suck.. Err are awesome! Give those a try.
[Reply]
Tripp 11:43 AM 05-08-2009
closest I've had is a PSD4, to my palate, they tend to have flavors found more often in NC's, than thier CC brethren.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 11:46 AM 05-08-2009
BTW... I guess I didn't really answer the OP's question. None of the ones I listed remind me of any CC. They are just NCs I continue to smoke regularly.
[Reply]
landhoney 11:51 AM 05-08-2009
Try some custom rolled CC's, they can be very flavorful and strong, fresh Taboadas come to mind. I will be handing a few to the person quoted below next time I see him to show him a side of CC's he may not have experienced. :-)

Originally Posted by TripleF:
None IMHO.
I find cc's to be bland and hard to draw.....just my take.

P.S. If I wanted NC flavor in a CC, I would just smoke the NC :-)
[Reply]
wayner123 11:53 AM 05-08-2009
Just take the band off a NC and somehow make them tight to draw. Presto! No one will be the wiser and you can continue to remain snooty.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 12:05 PM 05-08-2009
RyJ Cazadores taste like high end NCs to me.

Did a BTT from Wayne and called it NC.

Then did a simultaneous test of a RyJ Cazadores and Tatuaje Cazadores. They were very very very similar.

Just my :-)
[Reply]
acarr 12:16 PM 05-08-2009
I think the Cohibo's are as close as you can get:-)
[Reply]
alley00p 12:21 PM 05-08-2009
I haven't had enough CC's to make a comparison, other than most CC's have that distinctive flavor profile that isn't found in NC's - including those sticks that have been rolled with "pre-embargo" cuban filler.

That being said, I still like to smoke NC's and I have a lot of them that I like. They may not have the "CC" taste, but most of my favorites have profiles that I enjoy. Just my :-)

:-)
[Reply]
rizzle 06:16 PM 05-08-2009
Punch RS11. Right up yer alley. And maybe a Saint Louis Rey A too.
:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 06:24 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa:
RyJ Cazadores taste like high end NCs to me.

Did a BTT from Wayne and called it NC.

Then did a simultaneous test of a RyJ Cazadores and Tatuaje Cazadores. They were very very very similar.

Just my :-)
:-) I was there for test #2 and I concur
[Reply]
Starscream 06:26 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Tripp:
closest I've had is a PSD4.
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Punch RS11.
As a predominantly NC smoker, I do not see the connection between NCs and either of these smokes. Both are great Cuban cigars and do not have the flavor profile of NC sticks IMHO. I'm not experienced enough with CCs to give you a response to your question, Mark, but I don't beleive that either of these sticks have an NC profile.
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:03 AM 05-09-2009
Vegueros Especiale 1
[Reply]
rizzle 07:51 AM 05-09-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
As a predominantly NC smoker, I do not see the connection between NCs and either of these smokes. Both are great Cuban cigars and do not have the flavor profile of NC sticks IMHO. I'm not experienced enough with CCs to give you a response to your question, Mark, but I don't beleive that either of these sticks have an NC profile.
Well it's my opinion, so that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee. And I haven't smoked a ton of them, but the few RS 11s that I've smoked tasted like countless other non-cuban cigars I have smoked. Great cuban cigar or not. YMMV.

Peace.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 09:40 AM 05-09-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Well it's my opinion, so that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee. And I haven't smoked a ton of them, but the few RS 11s that I've smoked tasted like countless other non-cuban cigars I have smoked. Great cuban cigar or not. YMMV.

Peace.

I like your opinion, especially in a thread that asks for it.

I don't agree with it, but I like that you're given it...

And my mileage does vary.
[Reply]
rizzle 05:18 PM 05-09-2009
Who asked you Ted?
:-):-) :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 07:56 PM 05-09-2009
this thread fails to deliver :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up