Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Flavor Profiles
troutbreath 07:15 PM 11-15-2008
Balsa? Really? Was I supposed to be tasting all those airplanes when I was a kid?

I like this wheel, though. It's great to have a list of flavors to call on when trying to do a review. I'll taste something, and if I don't get a clue, they all taste like "tobacco."
[Reply]
TOB9595 11:40 AM 11-16-2008
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
This should help....

Does any one know how this wheel is used?
Tom
[Reply]
Vitis 11:57 AM 11-16-2008
Originally Posted by TOB9595:
Does any one know how this wheel is used?
Tom
It helps you narrow down the flavors. Pick the one in the center that best fits the flavor, then go outward and pick the more detailed option if possible.

EX: If you determine its floral, then go outward and decide if you think the flavor is rose, jasmin, balsa or mint.

HTH

~Vitis
[Reply]
SilverFox 11:59 AM 01-05-2009
Based on my experience with some sticks

The wheel is missing

Bellybutton lint
Vacuum cleaner bags
Dust bunnies
[Reply]
tireiron 12:26 PM 01-05-2009
how about....

hints of palio cutter

and

ronson fuel essence
[Reply]
wayner123 01:20 PM 01-05-2009
The ones used in wine testing/tasting are great to use as well. Here is one I like to use:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...roma_Wheel.jpg

This one above is big enough to print out.

I have seen many different flavor wheels and even a few specifically for cigars. Maybe we should do a Cigar Asylum wheel??
[Reply]
HK3- 05:34 PM 01-06-2009
Don't forget Zippo flavor for the true dummies. :-)
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 05:42 PM 01-06-2009
I've seen "ass" used in a number of reviews.
[Reply]
lightning9191 06:38 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Mr Edmundo:
I've seen "ass" used in a number of reviews.

When we do trained taste panels we usually have a standard we use to identify with each flavor....what would you propose we use as a standard here? Age? Sex? Culture? Or should we leave this up to the individual smoker:-)
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 08:15 AM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by lightning9191:
When we do trained taste panels we usually have a standard we use to identify with each flavor....what would you propose we use as a standard here? Age? Sex? Culture? Or should we leave this up to the individual smoker:-)
I'm not the one who could answer this question, since I myself have never used this as a description. But that is a good question. I often wonder how one would know what ass tasted like. But then again, maybe I don't want to know.:-)

But on a serious note, I'd be interested to hear more about using standards to identifying flavors. I found that wheel very interesting and useful.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 01:09 PM 08-19-2009
This one shows more, but maybe it's too complicated.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up